Ramstein-Miesenbach Travel Guide

Church

Ramstein-Miesenbach Things to Do

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

by etfromnc Written Sep 25, 2008

Before I start sharing my memories of Ramstein AB, I should advise all readers and any prospective visitors to any military installation or facility that most nations restrict admissions to those facilities.
    As an Air Force retiree, I have been on many (perhaps even most) United States Air Force bases and have no hesitation whatsoever that Ramstein AB is one of the most beautiful and interesting which I have visited (and I felt that way even before I helped design the new commissary building).

• by 777ReddawgfromMN Written Mar 17, 2005

1. Eat lots of Doner Kabobs.
    2. Drink lots of Bitburger beer.
    3. Visit the churches in Ramstein especially the old ones.
    4. Shop for souveniers.
    5. Drive around and see what you can find.
    6. Eat some schnitzle at the Paradox Restaurant.

• Trains

Ramstein-Miesenbach Restaurants

• LexiB's Profile Photo
    Marcello, Patrizia, and me @

by LexiB Updated Apr 4, 2011

The main fare is German. And it's pretty good. The staff is great to my friends, my dog, and me. Although it's not a very big establishment I am still able to schedule parties even on the busy weekend nights. The owner, Jurgen, is an absolute doll. It never fails that whenever we stop by--even for a short visit which then turns to be a couple two three hours--he has a round of schnapps ready for us--which inevitably turns to be a couple two three rounds of jackycolas--in my case. Every couple of months he hosts a theme party of some sort and they are a lot of fun. This is definitely my neighborhood hangout.

Favorite Dish: Oh, where do I start???? I really love the weiner schnitzel (with extra lemons) and the rump steak (cooked medium rare-rare) and the pommes and the salads (oh my goodness! the lollo rosso and the dressing is to die for) and the tortellini carbonara and the oh, gosh, I must stop. The food here is not for folks trying to lose weight. The price is excellent for the amount of food you get. I don't drink beer, but I do understand it is good. It's Paulaner and if you'd like you can buy a "tower of beer" from the bar. It's 3 litres of whatever beer you desire.

Ramstein-Miesenbach Sports & Outdoors

• Dogberry65's Profile Photo
    F-Trail Single track

by Dogberry65 Updated Jun 1, 2011

MTB in DE is AWESOME. The long loop starting in Roldalben, the local MTB folks told me about is one of the best single tracks I've been on. There is a little bit of everything on this trail and you are never far from the road if you have to bail- say due to darkness, rain, bonking.
    Link to park: http://www.mountainbikepark-pfaelzerwald.de/en_tour_1.php
    Link to MTB club: http://kmccycling.forumieren.com/

Equipment: Either go with someone of download the GPS map and follow. There re a few twists and turns that can be confusing unless your route finding skills are flowing.
    Try this link for some good coordinates: http://www.gpsies.com/home.do#13_49.271724857625586_8.193225860595703_n
    Good working bike
    Water
    Food

• Cycling

Ramstein-Miesenbach Favorites

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Ramstein's city hall in the center of the city

by Kid-A Written Oct 9, 2007

Favorite thing: In the center of the city is the Haus de Bürgers and the city hall, or Rathaus. The Haus de Bürgers is a community meeting center, and has a restaurant, a bowling alley, meeting facilities for senior citizens and young people, classrooms for the community's adult education center and a shopping area. It also houses the city library with its approximately 12,000 books, newspapers, magazines as well as a large collection of sound and video cassettes. You can find more information about upcoming events in Ramstein-Miesenbach by going to their Deutsch/English website at http://www.ramstein-miesenbach.de

Instant Answers: Ramstein-Miesenbach

Comments

Ramstein-Miesenbach Travel Guide
Map of Ramstein-Miesenbach