Sankt Goar Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sankt Goar

Schloss Rheinfels: With a view on the Rhein

by Rusket Updated Apr 4, 2011

Spinach and cheese

We sat on the Rheinterasse and had a pizzalike thing called Flammk. Spinat. I don't remember what Flammk. is shortened for, but it has something to do with flames ;-) Flammkuchen! Thank you RhineRoll :-) And yes, I remember that the dough was thin, it is visible on the picture, too :-)

The topping was spinach and Camembert. It was very good, and sufficient for my stomach. But the main thing about the meal was enjoying the view of the Rhein! I don't remember how long I sat there admiring the ferry Loreley dancing across the river, the steamer Goethe and all the lecters coming and going. Not to forget the busy train lines on both sides of the river :-)

2 cups of cappuchino, 1 coke and the pizza: EUR 14.40.

The linked page is in german, but it gives you an excellent picture of the terrace with the view of the Rhine.

• Business Travel

Milano Eissalon Café: Eis, Eis, everywhere Eis

by Rhondaj Written Aug 2, 2008

Sundaes

There are plenty of places along Heerstrasse to enjoy a delicious sundae. Besides Milano Eissalon, there were a few other cafes, and the restaurants all serve great sundaes too.
    It is so enjoyable to have a sundae, a coke, sit at a table, and people watch.

Favorite Dish: I like them all. Get a different kind each time!

Restaurant Zur Loreley: Excellent food

by Rhondaj Updated Aug 1, 2008

Restaurant Am Markt

A most excellent dinner. Four of us had dinner, drinks, dessert, and coffee for about 10 Euros each! Don't skip dessert here whatever you do....

Favorite Dish: Hirtenwiesen Schnitzel in Sahnesauce mit frischen Champignons und Brot

Kartoffelsuppe

Bon Appétit: Nice place to dine

Bon App��tit

This place bills itself as a pizza/steakhouse, but there was a little of everything on the menu. Service was great and the food was tasty.

Favorite Dish: Best bet is to go with one of the daily specials.
    Get the ice cream for dessert!

Loreley Perle: Good Service, Good Food

Loreley Perle

One of our favorite stories stems from this restaurant. The proprietor was quite a character. When he came to take our order, me mum says, i know the menu shows the pork comes with boiled potatoes, but i don't like boiled potatoes. can i have a salad instead? the proprietor stabs the menu and says, pork comes with boiled potatoes. me mum, i know. but can i have a salad instead? proprietor says, You Vill eat the potatoes and You Vill like them! hahhaha
    She ate them, and she liked them.

Favorite Dish: typical german fare, schnitzel and other pork and potato meals. all delicious.

Hotel Hauser: Our hangout

Hotel Hauser

We ate here several times. The prices were good and the food always pleasing. We became pals with Mikros, our server. If we didn't eat a meal here, we at least came for an evening drink. One night we got back to St. Goar very late and did not make it. Mikros gave us the business the next night,,,where *were* you? hahaha
    He made sure we had a great meal on our last night in St. Goar.

Favorite Dish: It was all good, but the salads and the french onion soup were two of my favorites.

My mutter has a *thing* for ice, and the first night they had to scramble to come up with one cube for her vodka and tonic....hahaha. Mikros made sure to have a few ice cubes on hand each night thereafter.

• Hotel Zur Lorreley: Great value, excellent service

by Lavaeolus Written Jun 27, 2007

We pulled in here late-ish one evening looking for a few beers. What a find!
    The entire bar/cafe was spotlessly clean, the bathrooms immaculate.
    The staff were both friendly and efficient with most of them speaking English especialy Sebastian, the owner. Even though it had gone 10pm they still threw together a huge bowl of fresh strawberries and ice-cream for Jackie.
    Having spent days dashing up and down the Rhine looking for a "quaint" place to try and buy some wine we eventualy purchased some right here at their little wine cellar across the street from the main building.
    The rooms available are varied and inclue some with cooking facilites (although why you'd want to cook when there is so much nice food so near by beats me) and look lovely. So much so, it would be top of my list for when I next return to this area; so much to see, so little time.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Zum Goldenen Lowen: Try the local cuisine.

by Nathalie_B Written Dec 29, 2006

Traveling in Germany I always tried some local food. This time it was pork loin cuts and Spiessbraten. This is the advantage of not traveling alone you can always try more than 1 dishes. First I have to say that the service was outstanding. Wine kept coming to our table as soon as the galsses were empty (again), the food arrived quite fast and it tasted pretty good. Not the best I have had, but definitely not the worst. I had French onion soup as a starter, it was very salty which is perfect for me, but some people may not like it. Either their chef was in love or this is his usual onion soup recipe. The pork arrived with some potato balls, which I tried but didn’t really like so I switched it with the side dish of the Spiessbraten.
    Since I’m not that familiar with German cuisine I couldn’t really judge what is good and what is not. It was more of “this I like and that I don’t”. However, I can honestly say that everything was fresh, nicely placed on the plates, and served with a huge smile.

Hotel-Restaurant-Cafe Zum Goldenen Löwen: Sauerkraut with a twist

by Rusket Updated Nov 19, 2006

Spanferkel

This was my first day in Germany, I had found my accomodation and done a small sightseeing through the streets. I was VERY hungry. And I SOOO wanted sauerkraut! This place had given it their own twist. I cannot tell which herbs they had put into it, but it was lovely!

Favorite Dish: I did not care what I ate as long as it was followed by a lot of sauerkraut. The waiter had a discussion with the chef, and brought me some pork meat, they called it Spanferkel. And a huge portion of sauerkraut, much more than you see on the picture. I helped myself several times, and managed to finish all of it :-)

1 Spanferkel, 2 cappuchinos and 2 cokes (2 dl): EUR 22.

• Trains

• Rusket's Profile Photo

Hotel Restaurant Lorelei Sebastian Burch: More sauerkraut!

by Rusket Written Oct 8, 2006

Sebastian Burch Restaurant, St. Goar

My second day in Germany, and I wanted more sauerkraut! I normally don't like sausages, but today I decided to be all german, and ordered Bratwurst with my sauerkraut. And it was good, it actually tasted meat :-) The sauerkraut was more ordinary, like the one I am used too, plain with no extra herbs. I couldn't say which one is my favourite, this one or the one at Zum Goldener Löwen. They were different, but both very good.

The meal + 1 coke and 1 cappuchino: EUR 10.90.

As you can see, peace and harmony on the outdoor seatings. Germany was playing an apparently exciting football game, everybody else was inside watching :-)

• Trains

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Restaurant "Alte Muenze" in Bacharach: dining where the mintmasters used to work

by globetrott Updated Mar 15, 2006

Restaurant

Just about 25km from St.Goar you will see this restaurant built inside a really beautiful halftimbered house in Bacharach : The Restaurant "Alte Muenze" was built into the building, where between 1356 und 1508 gold-coins were produced, according to a priviledge by emperor Karl IV in 1356.
    Nowadays the building is a great restaurant and cafe with a nice restaurant-garden and cosy rooms inside - see my pics ! Also the building itself looks really great with the halftimbered facade.

Favorite Dish: I had "Rheinischer Sauerbraten" and really enjoyed it ! And of course you should taste the local Rhine-wine !!

• Beer Tasting

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Berghotel auf der Loreley: dining on top of the Loreley-rock

by globetrott Written Mar 15, 2006

There is a great restaurant in Berghotel auf der Loreley and it offers a great view to the Rhine-valley from many of its tables in the restaurant and at the terrace ! The restaurant and hotel is built on the very top of the Loreley-rock and you will also find a giant car-park in front of the hotel & restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I had an excellent dinner there and it was somehow strange to see that except me there were just 4 other guests in the restaurant at the end of a sunny day in July. That is a pity, because the food was really delicious. Obviously it is too far away for most of the tourist-paths or maybe the situation is different at lunchtime.

• Beer Tasting

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo

Rhine Hotel Restaurant: Nice Rhine view and nice food!

by Toshioohsako Updated Apr 4, 2011

Its is well located right in the beginning of the main street of Sankt Goar. You can enjoy a wonderful seaside view.
    Its nicely decorated with rich local ambiance.

Favorite Dish: Fish and potato dishes

Instant Answers: Sankt Goar

Comments

Sankt Goar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sankt Goar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sankt Goar sightseeing.