Sankt Martin Restaurants

Winzerhof, waffles and vanilla ice cream
    Winzerhof courtyard, March 2011
    Winzerhof, Flammkuchen (traditional)

Most Recent Restaurants in Sankt Martin

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Hotel Restaurant Winzerhof: Romantic courtyard in summer :-)

by Trekki Updated Aug 12, 2013

Winzerhof courtyard, March 2011

During our recent trip to St. Martin, we wanted only a small snack and have decided to stop at Winzerhof Becker’s in the main street. They had waffles with vanilla ice cream on the board and this was what made my colleague from Australia go straight into the restaurant. She loved her dish and I liked my traditional Flammkuchen. The restaurant has enough room to accommodate and feed a lot of hungry people, both inside and outside in the courtyard. Given the appearance of the courtyard in March, I am sure it will look gorgeous in summer with wine growing all over.
    Our bill came to 15,80 Euro, for Flammkuchen, waffles, two latte macchiato and one big can of tap water. Ah yes, I should mention that the waiter didn’t make any fuss when we asked for tap water. Unusual for Germany, but then this is Palatinate where the locals know how to react to customers’ wishes. Credit cards accepted.
    (The place is called Becker’s Wein & Sekthaus = wine and sparkling wine house, but it is together with Hotel Winzerhof).

Location of Becker’s Wein & Sekthaus on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., March 2011 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Weingut Gernert: Excellent Palatinate meals

by Trekki Updated Aug 12, 2013

Dumplings in creamy chantarelle sauce

St. Martin has countless wineries and vintage outlets (the ones which are open only on weekends in the wine months), so it is difficult to pick up the best place to eat. I chose Gernert because of their convenient location at the end of the village (direction Maikammer, on my walk back) and was very much satisfied with their dishes. They had several mushroom meals on the menu, something I cannot resist, so I selected a creamy mushroom soup as starter and dumplings with chantarelles in a creamy sauce. It was delicious, especially since the chantarelles were fresh and the sauce not too fatty. Since I walked to St. Martin I could finally try a glass of Riesling and was very surprised about the high quality!
    The entire bill came to 18 Euro (soup, dumplings, wine, water and coffee) which is quite reasonable.

Their website does not list menus at the moment. Reason is that the restaurant service was leased out until recently and will have a new leaseholder from May 1, 2010 on. It will be announced on their website. That's what the owner of Weingut Gernert just told me on the phone.
    Gernert Winery is also offering rooms, from the website they look inviting. The prices are especially interesting, since the surcharge for single rooms is very low (57 Euro for a single, 2x50 Euro for a double room), something which is not usual for German accommodation.

Location of Weingut Gerner on Google Maps