Winningen Travel Guide

Winningen Hotels

Winningen Restaurants

winzerwirtshaft Jacobs 2 more images

by Rhondaj Written Aug 4, 2008

This restaurant had three areas. Inside seating, outside seating, and a covered courtyard. We sat in the courtyard, which was the liveliest section! There we whiled away the afternoon. Silke kept careful watch that we were satisfied and never had empty glasses. She kept track of our order by writing on our coasters.
    One thing I noticed about Winningen: very little English was spoken here. Which I liked. hahahaha. It is fun to be out of your element from time to time, don't you think?

Favorite Dish: platter of cheeses with grapes, to go with the wine
    fresh bread!

Zum Postillion 4 more images

by Rhondaj Updated Aug 4, 2008

Nice setting. Nice atmosphere. Good people watching place.

Favorite Dish: My sis and I had some apfelkuchen and cafe. My mutter was hungry and ordered the ragout fin. I looked up this dish in my Marling Menu Master and said, 'oh my.' me mum said, 'what?' i said, 'quite a dish you ordered...' she said, 'don't tell me until i finish eating.'
    after she ate the meal, which was very delicious (to her), i read the food description mentioning the veal brains and tongue. mutter cared not. the important part was that it tasted good. we sure did have fun attributing her chatty ways and smartarse comments for the rest of the day to her meal.

• Winningen Hotels

3 Hotels in Winningen

6 Reviews and Opinions

Winningen Transportation

wined and waiting for the train 4 more images

by Rhondaj Written Aug 4, 2008

Located on the Mosel river, Winningen is easy to reach by train. It is about a 10 minute ride from Koblenz.

Winningen Shopping

by Rhondaj Written Aug 4, 2008

Very friendly proprietors--giving out generous samples of their delicious homemade honey wine. for something a little different!

What to buy: They also sell honey candles, lip balm, and other honey made goodies.

Winningen Local Customs

Aha! Caught you!

by Rhondaj Written Aug 4, 2008

The legend states that night after night, wine was disappearing from the winzermeister's wine cellar. In order to catch the 'witch' that was stealing the wine, the master hid in a barrel one night. Along comes the thief,,,,out jumps the master,,,Aha! Caught you! he cries, only to find that the wine witch was his own wife!

Winningen Tourist Traps

Die Hexebrunnen- dry 1 more image

by Rhondaj Written Aug 4, 2008

The guidebook made a fuss about the witch fountain in Winningen which spouts out not water, but wine! So first thing I seek out in this town is the fountain; only to find. nothing. no wine, no water, just an empty fountain. oh well.

Unique Suggestions: sit down at one of the many outdoor cafes and order some mosel wine.

Instant Answers: Winningen

Comments

Winningen Travel Guide
Map of Winningen