Worms Shopping

• Aurum, Worms - their variety of ancient jewellery
    Aurum, Worms - their variety of ancient...
    Aurum, Worms - shop entrance
  • Aurum, Worms - Rosegarden Labyrinth pendant
    Aurum, Worms - Rosegarden Labyrinth...

Most Recent Shopping in Worms

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Aurum: Most magic ancient-modern jewellery in Worms

by Trekki Written Jan 3, 2009

Aurum, Worms - Rosegarden Labyrinth pendant

If you like old sagas and legends or celt or pagan inspired motifs, then I can only highly recommend to pay a visit to Aurum Jewellery in Worms. Goldsmith Arnulf Kienast and artist T.W. Eichfelder have combined their knowledge and skills for a magic and marvellous variety of jewellery which reflect the old pre-Christian religion symbols with a modern touch.
    Sometimes it is interesting how one finds these gems : -) When I was doing research about Worms, or Worms and Nibelungs to be precise, I found the fascinating website of Eichfelder (unfortunately in German only). He (or she, I only found T.W. as initials) has such a profound knowledge about the saga and their possible Nordic origins and also about all kind of pre-Christian religion and belief and really made the one and only masterpiece about Nibelungen, Worms and their connection (T.W. Eichfelder: if you happen to read this, please think about an English translation of your website). On his site I stumbled upon the word Schmuck (jewellery) and there I found IT, the bracelet (main photo). This bracelet or better its meaning has a special story for me, but this is not meant to be published (the one who is involved, however, knows it). Well, to make the long story short: I looked up the goldsmith’s adress and during my next visit to Worms I went there and got it. In the meantime, they made more of this magic jewellery and what can I say, the ancient cross motif really fascinates me and I have a pendant and a ring more in the meantime. In addition to Mythos (the one with the ancient cross) they also have two more motifs: The Ring (referring to the Ring of Nibelungen) and the Rosegarden Labyrinth (see photo 1). All of them are available in sterling silver or gold-plated sterling silver, some with different gemstones.

Goldsmith Arnulf Kienast (photo 3), in addition to create most wonderful jewellery, is also acting as herald Arn-Ulf, telling stories about myths, sagas, adventure, love and jealousness, very close to the story of Nibelungs.

What to buy: What to pay? This depends on the kind of metal you choose. The bracelet in silver is 160 €, the ring in silver is 60 € (and more for the ones with gold dots) and the pendant starts at 80 €.

Opening hours:
    Mon-Fri: 10.00 – 19.00, Saturday: 10.00 – 16.00.

• Luxury Travel

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Chocolaterie Holzderber: Chocolate heaven – the best on earth !

by Trekki Updated Apr 1, 2007

Yummmmmmmmmm - chocolate heaven !!

This is one of the typical stories, only life can write…. Some time ago, I saw a documentation about Worms, which also showed local producers of finest quality delicious home made and home grown specialities. At the end of this documentation, a group of young local people, sitting at a table loaden with delicatessen, that I was about to jump into the TV to taste. It was cheese, chocolate, herbs and spices and wine. Those days I thought, I must go there one day and try this all out.

Now, April 1 2007 (no, that’s real, no Fools Day joke :-)) I went to my beloved Palatine again, wanted to stroll through Worms, and found it packed with people. Then I realised that it was one of the open Sundays, but all was more of a trade fair, with motto “Worms is blossoming out” (Worms blüht auf). The first booth I stumbled over was one with all kinds of chocolate, and choco bunnies of course as well. As I wanted to stroll around in town, and as it was a sunny day, I thought it would be not that good of an idea to buy, but…… how can I pass such a booth without at least trying something. So I bought two packs of truffles, one with ginger and one with chili. The moment, the girl, who sold me the chocolate spoke to me, I recognised her as one of the people in that TV documentation. So we talked and she told me where to find her shop.

What to buy: Of course I did stop on my way back as well, and… ahh how difficult to choose ! I ended up with thin sliced pinapples and amarena cherries, covered with dark chocolate, another pack of each ginger and chili truffles, and high coacao containing chocolate, called Sao Tome (70%) and Santo Domingo (67%). Oh, and a pack of Dom Trüffel (Cathedral truffles) as well.

They are a family owned company, 3rd generation, and all chocolate is produced with the highest quality possible. Plus, they only work with local producers of food and only selected suppliers.

The best of all – they offer seminars, or better culinary experiences, called “wine and chocolate”, where local wineries and them are offering wine tasting and selected chocolates.
    The next one is on May 17 (2007), and of course I will go !

What to pay: Homemade chocolate is not cheap of course (otherwise go to China and buy there, but don’t expect quality..).
    My whole bag full of delicious creations was 35 Euro, which was nearly 1 kg in total. Ginger and chili truffles, and the choco covered pinapple and cherries (100 g each) are 3,95 € each; the Domtrüffel (350 g) were 12,95 € and the high cacao ones (150 g each) were 1,50 €. (all: photo 2)

Oh, and they also have special chocolate for people with allergies.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Worms

Comments

Worms Shopping

Reviews and photos of Worms shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Worms sightseeing.