Annaberg-Buchholz Nightlife

operetta gala
    Lobby bar Hotel Wilder Mann, my cocktail

Most Recent Nightlife in Annaberg-Buchholz

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

Lobby bar of Hotel Wilder Mann: Have a drink!

by german_eagle Written Sep 19, 2011

Lobby bar Hotel Wilder Mann, my cocktail

Nightlife in Annaberg is mostly quiet and slow, at least from my experience. Don't know if there are any nightclubs, dancings and such (I guess there must be something like that somewhere) but I didn't miss them as the days were busy with sightseeing and I was quite tired in the evenings.

A good place for hanging out, having a drink and do some people watching proved to be the lobby bar of my hotel. The cocktail was pretty good, the company was also nice and ambience was good, too. A nuisance can be guests who *must* watch TV (very large screen), though. The other night, however, it was nice to join some folks who watched soccer there.

Dress Code: Casual. Don't dress up!

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

Eduard-von-Winterstein-Theatre: Theatre

by german_eagle Written Dec 17, 2009

Eduard-von-Winterstein-Theatre

It was quite a surprise to find out that Annaberg-Buchholz, a small town located up in the mountains, has a theatre where they perform plays, symphony concerts, ballet and even operas. I was sceptical about the quality at first. However, I reserved tickets for the premiere of an operetta gala with songs of Robert Stolz. Booking was absolutely easy - I called the box office (tel No. below) and they made the reservation not even asking for my credit card or so. They apparently trust the customer - how nice. You just have to pick up the tickets a half hour before the actual performance (or earlier).

So ... the theatre's interior is beautiful in the style of 1893 when it was built and opened. A renovation was done 1976-81, in the 1990s new annexes were built and another renovation followed.

The Rovert Stolz operetta gala was excellent. Musically it was very well done, moderation was very good, dancing and acting was also up to the task. One tenor was outstanding - a young Mexican guy with name Francisco Almanza who has a contract with a theatre in Paris but went to Annaberg for a year to learn the roles of Alvaro (Forza del Destino/Verdi) and Don Jose (Carmen/Bizet). I am sure we're going to hear more of him.

Dress Code: There is no strict dress code. Very unusual for me - I wore jeans. Blame the Christmas market in Annaberg which we visited right before the evening at the theatre. Locals dressed up a bit more.

• Music
    • Theater Travel

Instant Answers: Annaberg-Buchholz

Comments

Annaberg-Buchholz Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Annaberg-Buchholz nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annaberg-Buchholz sightseeing.

View all Annaberg-Buchholz hotels