Annaberg-Buchholz Restaurants

• Beer garden and hotel-restaurant by the tower
    Beer garden and hotel-restaurant by the...
    by Kathrin_E
    My food - yes I was very hungry.
    by Kathrin_E
    Beer garden with sunset view

Most Recent Restaurants in Annaberg-Buchholz

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Berghotel & Panorama-Restaurant Pöhlberg: Beer Garden With Sunset View

by Kathrin_E Written Oct 18, 2011

Beer garden and hotel-restaurant by the tower

The hotel and restaurant occupies the building at the foot of Pöhlberg viewing tower. It was a fine day so we chose to sit in the beer garden and enjoy the sunset over Annaberg and the hills. The wooden benches and tables on the sunny terrace are sheltered by large parasols.

There is a street up to the tower and the hotel so you can drive up if you must, but the walk uphill through the forest and the landscape views are worthwhile and make the pit stop in the beer garden a well deserved reward.

Favorite Dish: I don't remember the exact name of my dish. It was a beefsteak on fried potatoes with onions and herbs and spices, and salad, served on a wooden board. They warned of the size in the menu, LOL, but I had had no lunch and was really hungry. The food was all freshly made and the various spices, sauces, fresh herbs and such added a lot to the taste.

(No worries, other dishes have smaller servings.)

• Hiking and Walking

Restaurant Zum Türmer

by german_eagle Written Sep 22, 2011

Pension and Restaurant Zum T��rmer

This family-run restaurant serves regional food, simple and filling. The ambience is rustic, the building apparently quite old with nice architecture. In summer you can sit outdoor with view of the famous St. Annen church.

The service was pretty good, quick and attentive. Prices are reasonable; you can easily find a main dish for less than 10 Euro - and remember, the servings are rather big!

Favorite Dish: I had a three-course menu, the waitress was flexible enough that I could substitute the usual mushroom soup (had already had two in two days) for a Soljanka - which was really yummy! Main course was venison in a thick, (IMO too) creamy sauce with dumplings and red cabbage. Dessert was delicious - pancakes with blueberries, ice-cream and whipped cream. The beer was very good, too - Braustolz, a regional product from Chemnitz. (www.braustolz.com) Unfortunately I cannot remember exactly which sort of their beer I had - a bit milder, not too bitter, probably either Lager or Landbier.

Berghotel Pöhlberg

by german_eagle Written Sep 22, 2011

As the weather was still nice the first evening we decided to walk up to Pöhlberg mountain above the town to enjoy the sunset and have a bite to eat. The location of the restaurant is wonderful (but isolated), the view of the town as well as the Erzgebirge mountains are beautiful, especially when the sun sets behind the clouds. They have a quite large beergarden with view but of course also guestrooms that are cosy, typical for a mountain restaurant/hotel with wooden panels and wooden furniture.

Service was a bit inattentive and inflexible (hotel guests at the next table wanted to write the meal on their hotel bill but the waiter refused without reasonable explanation). The food was very good, however, and filling!

Favorite Dish: I had a mushroom soup which was yummy, and a dark beer which was very good, too.

Restaurant Silberbaum

by german_eagle Updated Sep 22, 2011

Restaurant Silberbaum

If you're looking for something more fancy to eat in Annaberg then this restaurant is probably your best choice. It is in the traditional Hotel Wilder Mann (see Accomodation tip). The ambience is very nice, upscale but not stuffy, the hundreds of years dark old wooden ceiling and woodpanels and the vaults in the quasi-separees are perfect.

The service was impeccable, the food and the wine excellent (only the dessert was a bit of a let-down). The three-course dinner I had was included in my hotel arrangement but you can order it for 19.80 Euro also if you're not staying there. A steal!

Favorite Dish: I started with creamy mushroom soup (very good), main course was tuna steak (medium, excellent) with pasta on veggies, dessert was yeast dumplings with blueberry compote and strawberries - unfortunately not the chef's masterpiece. The yeast dumplings were a bit dry and tough, the blueberry compote had an odd flavour. We asked the waiter (who apparently wasn't too happy about the dessert himself) and he found out the chef had added clove to the compote. Really odd.

Inbetween we got a "greeting" from the chef, an appetizer which was slices of roastbeef on lentils. Yummy. Wine was a rose from Italy - delicious.

Restaurant Kartoffelkeller

by german_eagle Written Sep 19, 2011

Restaurant Kartoffelkeller

This restaurant is in the medieval cellars of Hotel Wilder Mann. My arrangement included a 'plat du jour' (Tagesgericht) with a glass of beer or juice. I must admit I am not a fan of restaurants in basements - not that I'm claustrophobic, but I just don't feel comfortable in those cellars. Here the ambience was quite nice, though. Service was quick and friendly. Prices are average, I think. As the name of the restaurant indicates it is specialised in food with potatoes.

Favorite Dish: I had roast pork with potatoes and veggies/kraut/salad. The beer was a regional one, Wernesgrüner, and it was very good.

Ratsherrncafe

by german_eagle Updated Sep 18, 2011

Ratsherrncafe

This Cafe is located right on the Market square next to the town hall. The ambience is that of a classic 19the century Viennese coffeehouse, high ceilings, small marble tables. The (fancy) cakes are good, but nothing special. Their Stollen is very good (rich!) and so is the hot chocholate. Prices are moderate, service is quick, attentive and competent.

Update: On my most recent visit to Annaberg I had coffee (latte macchiato) and cake here. While the coffee was good the cake was just fair.

Mo.-Sa. 07.00-18.00
    So. 14.00-18.00

Theatercafe

by german_eagle Written Dec 17, 2009

toast Hawaii

It's not easy to find a place where you can get food in Annaberg-Buchholz after 10 pm. So we were quite happy to find out that there was a cafe in the theatre where we could make a reservation for after the operetta gala. They serve surprisingly good food at very moderate prices. My friend had a goulash soup, I had a toast Hawaii. Beer was very good, too.

What we didn't know was that at the same time they hosted the after-premiere party which was also the farewell-party for the theatre manager. It was very interesting and nice to mingle with the actors and employees of the theatre.

I doubt the cafe is open during day times since it is right IN the theatre building, upstairs. It is definitely open before, during and after performances, though.

Instant Answers: Annaberg-Buchholz

Comments

Annaberg-Buchholz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Annaberg-Buchholz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annaberg-Buchholz sightseeing.

View all Annaberg-Buchholz hotels