Freiberg Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Freiberg

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

Rösterei Momo: Private Coffee roasting facility

by german_eagle Written Aug 22, 2009

I stumbled upon this place just because I watched out of the window while sitting at Cafe Hartmann and sipping my Caffe al Arab. It's right vis-a-vis! I went in and chatted with the owner for a while. He selects only the best coffee beans (also organic) and roasts them himself. You can buy them and take them home or you decide to have a coffee/espresso there - in the so called 'library' where newspapers are free to read and book shelves line the walls. The owner stated explicitly that the guests are welcome to read these books. I rummaged a bit and found some very interesting books ... now I only need to find the TIME to lounge there and read. LOL

What to buy: I bought Peru Organic coffee beans. 250 g for € 4.80 - yummy.

What to pay: 4-6 Euro per 250 g.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

Hartmann: cookies etc.

by german_eagle Written Aug 22, 2009

shop of Cafe Hartmann

There's a tip on the Cafe Hartmann in the "Restaurant" category. But their fancy cakes, pastries etc. are too delicious to eat them only when in Freiberg. Every time I am there I cannot resist to buy a bit more (usually too much, LOL) and take it home. It doesn't last long ...

I particularly love their Eierschecke which is different from the Dresdner Eierschecke (not better, just different, with a crust on top) and their Baumkuchen and butter cookies.

What to buy: Fancy cakes, truffes, chocolate, pralines, marchpane, (butter) cookies
    Specialties:
    - Baumkuchen (cylindrical cake built up of horizontal layers)
    - Freiberger Eierschecke (cake)
    - Original Freiberger Bauerhase (a recipe from the 13th century)

What to pay: a few Euros, not too expensive

Instant Answers: Freiberg

Comments

Freiberg Shopping

Reviews and photos of Freiberg shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Freiberg sightseeing.