Kurort Seiffen Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Kurort Seiffen

Spielzeugschachtel

by german_eagle Written Dec 15, 2012

Right on the main strreet, vis-a-vis from the toy museum, is this place - a store for wooden items/toys on the ground floor combined with a cafe/restaurant on the upper floor. They serve snacks, but focus on cakes/tartes and coffee etc.

The cafe was packed when I visited. I guess it (almost) always is in December, since I didn't think the town was crowded that day (as it often is in Advent season). It was a constant coming and going, people searching for tables, pushing, chatting loudly ... I would have prefered it a little quieter. Anyway, the wait staff was still very friendly, quick and competent.

Favorite Dish: We had a slice of regional Stollen (lighter than the Dresdner Stollen), which was pretty good, and a piece of gingerbread-nougat cake, which was sort of too rich IMO. They prepare the hot chocolate with milk powder and water, so I opted for a cappuccino instead. The check was 12 Euro incl. tip for two. A bit too much for the average quality, I'd say.

Dachsbaude

by german_eagle Written Dec 15, 2012

High above the town Seiffen, about 5 minutes by car or 20 minutes walking, is this cute inn located. They also have some guest rooms, so if you've had some glasses of wine or beer, you can stay overnight. Cross-country skiing trails and hiking paths start right there, too.

The interior is cosy, lots of wood, in Advent/Christmas season (when I visited) it's decorated with the typical Christmas items manufactured in the region. Service was very friendly, quick and competent.

Favorite Dish: I had venison in a red wine sauce with dumplings, Brussels sprouts and red cabbage - really, really delicious. A nice surprise was a "Waldler" herbs lemonade - refreshing, very tasty. I had never heard of it before. For dessert I chose the roast apple with hazelnut/raisin/plum filling and vanilla sauce - yummmmmmmy! The check was 20 Euro incl. tip.

Nussknackerbaude

by german_eagle Written Jan 4, 2011

inside the restaurant

We had lunch there in 2007. The food is pretty good local stuff, but nothing to write home about. I had venison goulash with a mushroom sauce, baked potato pieces and some salad as side dish plus a regional beer (Rechenberger) which was quite good. The service was friendly and attentive.

Quite special is the ambience. As the name indicates the owner collects nutcrackers. You'll see hundreds of them in the restaurant, from tiny ones to really large ones.

Buntes Haus

by german_eagle Written Jan 4, 2011

Buntes Haus

You'll definitely see this hotel/restaurant while in Seiffen. It has the most prominent location in town, right on the central crossroad. It is definitely crowded, caters to bus tours. Yes, that's the reason why I had ignored it in the past - a big mistake as I found out in December 2010.

We needed a break from (window) shopping, it was really cold and due to the tons of snow it was exhausting to walk through the town. So this restaurant was our next option and we went in. What a surprise! We found several dining rooms of the right size so the crowds split up into groups. We picked the traditional room with dark wood panels on the walls, a big tile stove in the centre and everything decorated with plenty of Christmas items.

We had plum cake, milk coffee and apple "schorle". Absolutely delicious and not expensive at all. Service was friendly and quick. We also noticed (overheard) the folks around us apparently enjoyed their meals, so we will return for a bigger meal.

Instant Answers: Kurort Seiffen

Comments

Kurort Seiffen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kurort Seiffen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kurort Seiffen sightseeing.

View all Kurort Seiffen hotels