Halle Restaurants

Sonnemond und Wonne
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Halle

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo

La Ka Rot: Vegan fastfood restaurant!

by ettiewyn Updated Sep 21, 2011

The La Ka Rot is a vegan fastfood restaurant, so it offers vegan food for a small price. The restaurant is very small and there are not many seats, so you could end up without seating if it is very full. We were just lucky because we had a table, although there were many customers. There were especially many families with young children, so it was kind of a lively atmosphere.
    There is a wide choice of vegan dishes like burgers, vegan sausages, salads, pitas etc., and also many organic drinks. If you like something not so healthy, there are also chips :P
    Prices are very small, but then, the dishes are also not so big. I was still a bit hungry after my meal.

Opening times: 12.00 to 22.00 monday to friday, 18.00 to 22.00 saturdays, closed on sundays

Favorite Dish: We both had a pita with seitan, mushrooms, salad and herb sauce and it was sooo good! It was also the first time I had seitan :-)

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo

Subway: Vegan option in the centre

The beautiful Subway building

When we arrived at the marketplace and I felt hungry, I was happy to spot a Subway at once - the all time reliable source for all vegans :D Within the centre, this was the only vegan option I saw. It was also great that it was cheaper than in my hometown Cologne (2,50€ compared to 2,90€!)

Of course it is nothing special because you have Subway in most German towns, but the woman who served me was very nice and the restaurant was located in a beautiful building.

Favorite Dish: As always: Veggie Delight without cheese.

Wonnemond und Sterne: Bar & Café

Sonnemond und Wonne

We only had a drink in this café, but it was very nice. It is located near the Opera House in a quiet area and we discovered it accidently when we went back to our car.
    We were the only guests, service was not so good, and it was also very expensive. But I liked the interior and the general atmosphere.
    I was also very happy to discover a vegan salad in the menu that as explicitly marked as vegan! Great! A pity that I was not hungry :-(

Favorite Dish: If I had eaten something it would of course have been the salad :-)

Café Steinecke: A nice break

Caf�� Steinecke

This café is not located directly at the marketplace, but not even a minute away. Still, it seems to be a little cheaper than the cafés on the marketplace. The café is part of a chain that I did not know so far, but the interior is very nice and clean. There is a range of cakes and pastries. Staff was very friendly.
    We took a seat outside and it was a bit loud because trams ran along the same street, but it was still very nice to do some people watching and have a rest from sightseeing.

Favorite Dish: There was nothing vegan, so I only had some water.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

Anna am Händelhaus: Anna am Händelhaus

by Nemorino Updated Dec 27, 2010

1. Caf��/Restaurant Anna am H��ndelhaus

On the corner opposite the entrance to the Händel House there is a very nice restaurant and café called Anna am Händelhaus where you can get breakfast from 9 in the morning, a quick light lunch at noontime, coffee and cake in the afternoon or dinner in the evening.

After my visit to the Händel House I sat at one of the outdoor tables and had a very tasty salad while watching countless people going past on their bicycles.

The café is named after Georg Friedrich Händel's grandmother, Anna Händel née Beichling (1586–1670).

The café's website claims that Anna Händel was not only the composer's grandmother, but also his confidante and muse -- which seems rather unlikely since she died fifteen years before he was born, but never mind.

Photos:

• Cycling

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Restaurant Schillerstuben: Totally worth the trip

by TempNomad Written Aug 2, 2005

Relax in the garden or enjoy the inner rooms.

This is a luxury restaurant in a very rural, residential area. It's truly one of the best restaurants I have every been to, and I live in New York City. Excellent, excellent!

It's about half-way between Halle and Leipzig (closer to Leipzig), and it's worth finding it. Make sure to call first for a reservation, it's small and very popular.

Please see my Germany restaurant tip for the details, but the web site below will give you an idea. It's all in German, but the dishes can be understood, I think.

Favorite Dish: I loved my asparagus souffle soup, and the dessert dish was amazing. You can have cheese as a course, naturally. However, this is one of the few times I'd choose the sweet dessert over the amazing cheeses. Everyone was thrilled with their dishes.

• Business Travel

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Das Haus: Das Haus

by Bigs Written Sep 5, 2002

This place is quite modern, but has its charme. There are two floors, and I liked sitting upstairs!

Favorite Dish: I had a huge salad bowl which was really good! All salads are served with Balsamico and Olive Oil!

Instant Answers: Halle

Comments

Halle Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Halle restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Halle sightseeing.