Quedlinburg Restaurants

by Sjalen

Most Recent Restaurants in Quedlinburg

• Fisch-Kate: Delicious Seafood near the castle

by eatinganddrinking Updated Mar 4, 2010

Fisch-Kate is a rather small restaurant a stone's throw away from the castle in Quedlinburg. If you have a map, it is located at the intersection of Carl-Ritter-Strasse, lange Gasse, and Höhe Strasse. I think "Kate" in this context means "cottage" so the name says it all. A cute little place, not a lot of tables but a fairly extensive selection of seafood dishes. If you want to see what you're getting before it is cooked, you can go to the counter at the back and look at the glass display case. I ordered the "Zander" always seems to be a good choice in Germany. It was served with wild rice, Remoulade (tartar sauce) and some salad greens. Nothing fancy, but the plate looked very appealing and the fish was perfect. Clearly someone there knows what they are doing when it comes to preparing fish. I was by myself, but there were a couple of other groups of 5 or more and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I think my dish was about 12 Euros and most dishes were in the 8-10 Euro range. There was also a list of interesting wraps for considerably less and the usual selection of good beer.

Favorite Dish: The only dish I tried was their Zander with wild rice. I received a very generous portion of fish, wild rice and greens. There is no question that the fish was fully cooked, yet it was so tender, you just knew it was not over-cooked either. No heavy breading, just the delicate fish. Definitely something you can fill up on without it keeping you awake later.

• Kaffee und Kuchen

by Mariajoy Written Apr 12, 2006

Typical little German Coffee shop where there was a wonderful choice of cakes available all served by a very sweet and helpful waitress.

Favorite Dish: Coffee and cake seems to be the speciality here and it was full which is always a good sign!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

various: Seven houses in one!

by Sjalen Updated Nov 16, 2005

We never went here but I want to mention it since it boasts combined eating in seven different houses all in one block and gorgeous houses too at that! We walked past the cafe part where Quedlinburg's fancy ladies sat to have their Kaffe und Kuchen (or ice cream) and it looked very tempting (but we had just had a great lunch) but there is also a restaurant at the back.

• Architecture

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Old Dutch: Tasty and affordable

by Sjalen Updated Nov 16, 2005

Walking around a lovely town makes you hungry and well...this is where we were when hunger kicked in. Stood outside the Old Dutch, we realised that they were maybe not the cheapest in town but definately not expensive for what they had. Their blackboards also boasted cosy cellars to dine in and we had to investigate that so in we went. We were not disappointed. As its name suggests, the place is owned by a Dutchman but this is only visible in certain marine art on the walls, the lack of a childrens menu (but they arrange something) and on matjes in the menu. Otherwise, the style is quite German with a menu full of pork dishes but also alternatives. On street level, it is a small restaurant but most people sit in the huge and cosy (if somewhat damp smelling) cellars. Apparently, the cellars are a part of a foundation that existed before this house was built and it was somehow connected to parts of the castle complex on the hill above. Nice to imagine historic events here when you dine. I got spätzle with my food and they were much stringier and with less flavour than in the south of Germany of course but still OK. The rest of the food was gorgeous.

Favorite Dish: Local Harz deer casserole with red cabbage and forest mushrooms...mmm...

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Quedlinburg

Comments

Quedlinburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Quedlinburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Quedlinburg sightseeing.