Kiel Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Audrey118

Most Recent Restaurants in Kiel

• Bushman23's Profile Photo

Restaurant Fórdeblick: Don't miss the fresh seafood! :-)

by Bushman23 Written Feb 19, 2006

Restaurant F��rdeblick

Set on the coast in Altenau, in a very peaceful location, this is a wondeful little restaurant! A wide variety of food is on offer, including starters, steaks, & vegetarian, though it is mainly a seafood restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I had the Herring special, which was served with potato bake. Not incredibly filling, but incredibly tasty! And quite reasonably priced.

Restuarant and Cafe: Yummy Sausage and Mayo Chips

by Audrey118 Updated Oct 23, 2002
    yummy yummy sausages unde rthe grill

Just a small kiosk outside the Karstadt store and very near to the Nikolai church is this kiosk with lots of people stopping by for a quick bite.

Favorite Dish: Of course the sausages. You can have it plain with the chips or with a small baguette. If you have it with the chips, it can be served with ketchup or mayo or special sauce.
    cost about 2-3 euro a set!!!

Lüne bürg Haus: Intimate Dining at the Old Market area

by Audrey118 Updated Oct 23, 2002

This is a very small yet intimate dining place. Highly recommend it as the food taste excellent. We had such a good time with the waiter who spoke excellent English describing to us almost everything in the menu.

Vegetarian is also available and there is daily specials

Favorite Dish: We ordered Campari Orange to start our evening as we browsed the menu - here I am trying to make up the menu in German and I think i faired pretty well.

We were also served bread and butter as we attempted to order. Alas we had roasted lamb with pears and potatoes which came out to be two tiny leg of lambs which was excellent -the skin was nicely browned and the meat is so tender - it is almost like two large chicken drumsticks. My husband had pasta - it was spagetthi with panfried salmon and chanterelles mushrooms and spring opions in light cream sauce. It was so delicious that I kept picking on his dinner.

I could never resist dessert so we had to order one to share. Again the waiter was so kind to place it right in th centre and weshared the apple in red wine and walnut ice cream.

Jakob Restaurant: Hotel food

by Audrey118 Written Oct 11, 2002

We were lazy one day and at in the hotel. The service here is so good - u cannot beat it.

We had simple tea and it came with the works!!! and a nice cookie as well.

Dinner was mushroom pan which came with pork slices and tonnes of mushrooms and potatoes. My husband had salmon which was so huge the serving he never finished!!!

Raufchang: Local Pub food

by Audrey118 Written Oct 11, 2002

VT member Celeste introduced us to this place which is walking from the hotel Conti Hansa. It is a pub with lots of local people hanging around for drinks. The couple that manages the place is ultra friendly, and we savoured some local food. Again the menu was difficult for us to make up = all in German but they all helped us with it. We had pork cooked in a pan with buttered potatoes and bacon bits and also vegetables. My husband was much more adventourous and he had some pork in a jar chilled with jelly around it!!!!

Favorite Dish: My favourite would be the drink the pub owver Rauthammer treated me - i love dessert wine, and he treated me to a berry liquer but it is from Holland!!!

Louf: Gourmet Treat by the Kiellinie

by Audrey118 Written Oct 11, 2002

Very great location, facing the Kielline.
    The attentive staff here creates a nice place to have a great meal. Also you get to watch lots of local people all dressed up, and having a wonderful intimate time together.

The setting is modern, and the food here is updated.

Favorite Dish: ALthough we had to wait a fairly long time before food arrives, the ultra delicious food made up for the long wait. We ate well - we had pasta with tandoori chicken in a curryied broth with bean sprouts and carrots - really yummy. And I had a fish platter which had three types of local fish and lots of vegetables as well. Also very fresh and yummy. Others had smoke salmon pizza and whole baked fish.

You must not miss their cakes - we had liquer torte which was so sooooo yum!!!

Al Porto Due: The best Italian in town

by Audrey118 Written Oct 9, 2002

It was recommended by the hotel reception and turned out within our expectation.
    We wanted Italian for a change, and walked to the restaurant from the hotel - bad decision as the main road facing the harbour is quite sleezy full of girly bars and sex shops.

Anyway the restaurant entrance is small but opens up to a huge restaurant lited by candles in huge glass containers. And the entire restaurant is painted like a mural.
    The wooden ceiling has cherubs painted in sky like -so it is rather Italian. Lots of large wine bottles decorated and there is a grand piano but the restaurant mood is with english taped music!!!

Favorite Dish: Unlike what it showed at the entrance with a proper menu, we were served a mobile blackboard menu which was in Italian but it was not difficult to make up what is what. The food here is authentic Italian with fresh seasonal local produce used-

Entree was scampi with tomato sauce, and cost 9 euro, and mains were around 12-16 euro and portions are great. I had risotto with fresh mini peas and spinach, and served with a crispy fried local white fish topped with pancetta and some grilled musrooms and sauteed mushrooms - delicious.

My husband had tagatelle pasta with wild salmon and it was simple but great. Bread was provided on the table.

Dessert however was a little disappointing as I think I make better creme brullee and better tiramisu that they served - really!!!

But we all enjoyed the evening very much

Instant Answers: Kiel

Comments

Kiel Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kiel restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kiel sightseeing.