Sylt Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sylt

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Sünhair: Good food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

by King_Golo Written Jan 8, 2014

Keitum is a rather posh place, so we found it nice to come across a restaurant that didn't look as though it would suck dry my credit card. Sünhair seemed friendly, cosy and most of all warm and dry - it had just started to rain again, and the wind was picking up as well. So in we went. The interior reminded us more of a bar than of a restaurant, but the place calls itself a "bistrorant", so we weren't surprised. As we had arrived at 4.30pm we were the only guests, so waiters were very attentive and the service was fast. The menu featured a lot of rather unusual dishes probably best described as down-to-earth comfort food. Many of them made our mouths water, and our hopes were not belied. The price was appropriate as well so that I would fully recommend Sünhair. By the way, the name is Frisian (or Sylt dialect) and means "well-being".

Favorite Dish: I had lamb meat balls with fried potatoes and spring vegetables (very good), my wife went for the Gorgonzola, rocket and pear pizza (great).

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Dalmatien: If you're in a need for meat...

by King_Golo Written Jan 8, 2014

If, after a long day on the beach, meat is all you're craving for, then "Dalmatien" is the place for you to be. Its dishes are officially Mediterranean, but the menu almost exclusively features Balkan cuisine, i.e. mixed grills, steaks, meat chops etc. A lighter Mediterranean meal is nowhere to be found. This is not to say that their food is bad - it's just very meaty. The value for money is very good as the servings are huge and the prices small. The service was good, but the waiters could have been a bit more hospitable.

Favorite Dish: I had the mixed grill which was very saturating but good. The Balkan hot sauce was great.

Instant Answers: Sylt

Comments

Sylt Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sylt restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sylt sightseeing.