Erfurt Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Erfurt

• alancollins's Profile Photo

Elmi: Delicious Cream Cake

by alancollins Updated Apr 4, 2011

If there is one thing I enjoy it’s a hot drink and cream cake in the afternoon. This is also a tradition in Germany with ‘Kaffee und Kuchen’, so as I was walking around Erfurt I found this restaurant, with plenty of cream cakes on sale. Having a sweet tooth I had to try a cream cake and I was not disappointed. It was delicious and tasted as good as it looked. You sometimes end up with cakes that appear to be tasty but are very bland and tasteless. The other handy thing was a clean toilet in the restaurant which is always appreciated after a hard days sight seeing.

Favorite Dish: Cream cake

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

1894: In the new opera house

by Nemorino Updated Apr 4, 2011

1894. The Restaurant in the Theater.

This beautiful restaurant is in the new opera house, in the front right-hand corner of the building. The name 1894 is in honor of the fact that the original Erfurt opera house, now the Old Opera, was first opened in that year.

I won't tell you who I had a glass of Prosecco with in this restaurant after the latest operetta, because that would be name-dropping and I have resolved not to do that so often any more. Suffice it to say she was really lovely and so is the restaurant, which stays open quite late, even after the rest of the opera house has been locked up for the night.

• Theater Travel
    • Music

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

täglich . . . aber nicht alltäglich: Facing the main railroad station

by Nemorino Written Nov 29, 2009

Restaurant with reflections

It says Willy B. over the door, and this is the same building where Willy Brandt stayed during his brief but historic state visit in 1970, but the official name of the restaurant seems to be "täglich . . . aber nicht alltäglich". This is a play on words in German. It means roughly "daily . . . but not commonplace".

The restaurant is just across the square from the newly renovated main railroad station, in fact you can see the station façade reflected in the windows.

I sat outside here and had a very tasty salad while waiting for my train.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Schmalztopf: Big beer and hot chocolate

by ATLC Updated May 11, 2009

On the cathedral square there are many little restaurants and pubs. We chose this one because it looked very local and we enjoyed a big beer (0.4 cl € 2.70) and a large hot chocolate (€ 2) with a cake called Bienenstich with whipped cream (€ 2.50).

The place was busy with locals, mostly of the pension age so I suppose that is a recommendation.

• bonio's Profile Photo

Zur Pfauen: Zur Pfauen

by bonio Updated May 2, 2009

beergarden

Zur Pfauen = The Pheasant?
    Restaurant of the hotel we were stopping in, great beergarden on a warm evening and excellent food. Beer from the in house mcrobrewery went down very well too.
    Just the sort of place the Bonios enjoy, recommended.
    Now closed

• bonio's Profile Photo

Erfurter Brauhaus: Erfurter Brauhaus

by bonio Updated May 2, 2009

Hausbrauerei in the centre of town, must try these places!
    Food and beer very good, small outdoor area on a warm evening, looks good inside though.
    Both Mr & Mrs Bonio had a salad - very warm day!
    recommended place to visit.
    Now closed.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Engelsburg: Good food, nice "biergarten"

by King_Golo Written Jun 2, 2008

Me and Susi in Engelsburg

Engelsburg is actually a student's club (and has been for several centuries), but this nice restaurant is on the premises of Engelsburg. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name...
    The food is good and relatively cheap.

Favorite Dish: I had the finger-food dish with country potatoes, mozzarella sticks and something called chili poppers (which wasn't so tasty) - in total, a good choice.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Fellini: Food to die for

by iandsmith Written Mar 12, 2008

Mine host at Fellini's

If you went here for nothing else other than the location you would have a good night out. Looking over the stunning (and I don't use the word lightly) facades of the Fischmarkt is romantic enough in itself..........then they up the ante by bringing the food out!
    We were so impressed we actually ate there three times. It is, without question, one of the best restaurants I've ever been in.
    If you're in Erfurt and miss it, your Erfurt experience is not complete.
    Bon appetit.

Favorite Dish: The grilled fish was as good as any I've ever tasted and served with panache.
    I couldn't believe the next night when I ordered lamb and actually got six cutlets, all melting in my mouth.
    We were showering praise over that when our waiter brought over the finest dessert either of us had ever tasted involving strawberries.
    The strawberries were sliced and warm and balsemic vinegar and ice cream were also involved. Don't ask me how they did it but it was superb. I'm salivating now thinking about it.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• evona's Profile Photo

San Remo: Gelateria Italiana

by evona Updated Feb 27, 2008

If you want taste a great ice crem you need to go to the eiscafe San Remo. You can seat in the local or take the ice cream out door. They have a great choice of ice cream. The cup of ice cream with different fruits or noise about 5 euro.

• alancollins's Profile Photo

Anger Maier: Character Restaurant

by alancollins Updated Sep 21, 2007

Anger Maier

I had a pleasant lunch at the Anger Maier with VTer Evona from Wroclaw and her husband. I noticed that Evona had recommended it as one of of her tips and thought it would be a good place to meet. I was not disappointed and enjoyed the meal so much I went the following day for another meal on my own. Its one of those places where you have a choice to eat inside or outside. For those who do not speak German there is a choice of a menu written in English and some of the staff speak English. A restaurant has existed in the building for 100 years and it is a place full of character.

Favorite Dish: Stewed Chicken Mediterranean Style with Parma Ham & Risotto 7.80euros

• lonestar_philomath's Profile Photo

Texas Bar and Restaurant: Tex-Mex in Germany?

by lonestar_philomath Updated May 25, 2007

Saw this locale in several cities. Didn't bother going in though. Have plenty of Tex-Mex where I came from and its the real thing.

Favorite Dish: Where's the Barbecue? Here in TEXAS we have whole restaurants that just serve barbecue. Just ask me!

• egonwegh's Profile Photo

Gasthaus zur hohen Lilie: German lunch

by egonwegh Updated May 12, 2007
    Erfurt, Gasthaus zur hohen Lilie (interior)

Another memorable quick lunch during our tour in Thuringia 2007. Again, as was the case in Eisenach, the lunch had been prearranged (and again it was mostly cheese, sausages and some bread, a traditional 'ploughman's lunch', ... if it hadn't been for the fact that we were in Germany).

Favorite Dish: Yep, cheese and sausages it is. Refer to my Eisenach page. And "gepflegte Gastlichkeit seit 1341".

• evona's Profile Photo

Anger Maier: lokal cuisine

by evona Updated Jan 12, 2007

There is the restaurant, cafe and biergarten. You can taste here the thuringer cuisine specialitetes.

Favorite Dish: Salades:

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Zum Kleinen Sonnenborn: A Perfect Place to Rest

by christine.j Updated Sep 22, 2006

the beergarden

We were tired , hungry and thirsty after walking around for some time and wanted to sit down and have a nice meal. Since we didn't know any restaurants, we were going to read the menues posted outside. But we never got past the first one. Even before we had read the menu, we saw the beergarden and knew this was the right place.
    Lots of flowers everywhere, large umbrellas for shade, so we sat down and finally read the menu.
    They didn't have too many vegetarian dishes, but were very nice and helped us. In the kids' menu there was vegetarian pasta and it was no problem to order it. Sometimes there are waiters who are "stubborn":You have to be younger than 12 if you want the kids' menu, no exceptions!!
    No such waiter in the Sonnenborn, everything was "No problem". The Radler was excellent,as was our lunch, we stayed there for quite some time.
    This restaurant is right next to the registry office, my daughter was speculating on getting married there and having the reception in the beergarden.

• elgin99's Profile Photo

Glashütte Petersberg: High above the town

by elgin99 Written Aug 31, 2006

view from cafe

What a scenery! High above te town on Petersberg and additionally on "stelts" the citizens call it "Stelzenhaus" (home on stelts). Sitting inside that house of glass or on the terrace means to have a fantastic view round.
    Coffee, dinner or deserts, you can get what you wish, and it tastes well. It is a place to have a wonderful rest after the visit of historic places on Petersberg.

Favorite Dish: Crepes with orange sauces and ice, very good for sweet tooth!

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Erfurt

Comments

Erfurt Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Erfurt restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Erfurt sightseeing.