Erfurt Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Erfurt

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Do get off the train

by christine.j Written Sep 19, 2006

Is it a platform ? Or is it not?

Maybe you're wondering why I say to get off the train. Well, I almost didn't. My train was approaching Erfurt, you could see we were entering the station area, when the train stopped. I was waiting by the door and looked out of the window to see which side the platform was. I didn't see any platform on my side and the people waiting with me didn't see any platform on their side. So we were wondering, are we there yet?? Or are we waiting outside the train station for a platform to be cleared?? I finally decided to push button and, sure enough, the door opened. We all got off ,but were still confused since it certainly didn't look like we were on a platform.
    We later realized that Erfurt train station is under construction right now.Since ours had been the very last car of the train we hadn't made it to the proper platform, but had stopped just in front of the sign forbidden us to walk.
    So in case you're going to Erfurt by train, watch the door. When the button turns green, push it and get off.

• Trains

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Drunken young people, shattered glass

by christine.j Written Sep 18, 2006

I was surprised how many young people I saw walking around in the early afternoon with a bottle of beer in their hands. They weren't aggressive, just sitting on benches and drinking, or walking around and drinking. By the time it was dark, most of them were drunk of course.
    When we were walking back from the citadell around 9 pm, we passed at least 4 or 5 groups of young men - and a few girls - who were drunk and quite noisy. None of them paid any special attention to us, but I didn't feel very comfortable . One group looked very much like right-winged skinheads, some others had very colorful tatoos, yet others had very bright and multicolored hairstyles, there were all sorts, with the common factor the bottles of beer.
    As soon as we had reached the main tourist streets again, these groups were gone.

The next morning ,however, you could see where they had been, lots of broken glass and empty bottles .

• Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Erfurt

Comments

Erfurt Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Erfurt warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Erfurt sightseeing.