Places to eat in Gibraltar

Bridge Bar & Grill

Most Viewed Restaurants in Gibraltar

Champions Bar & Grill: Sport's Bar

by Galaxy31 Written Feb 7, 2015

We have stopped at Champions Bar for a quick drink just for us to see the latest scores of the football Premier League as Chelsea was playing against Swansea City on the day.
    The bar was full of football enthusiasts watching the games on different screens but very friendly.

The bar staff were quick to serve us and we soon found a table to have a rest.

The champions bar they have an excellent grill menu but we didn’t got to sample it as we had lunch in the square,
    but maybe next time.

Champions Bar & Grill Champions Bar & Grill Champions Bar & Grill

Cafe Rojo: Recommended by local

by Galaxy31 Updated Feb 7, 2015

We had tried to go to Cafe Rojo on a Friday night after a recommendation from a local shop owner but it was fully booked so we have booked a table for the Saturday evening instead.
    The restaurant it’s in Irish Town which it’s a busy street with bars, pubs and nightclubs.
    When we have arrived the place it wasn’t busy and we did wonder whether you did actually had to make a booking for this place but after half an hour it started filling up.
    To start our evening we had asked for cocktails but as they didn’t had a menu or making any they were happy to make us a moiito which it was a nice gesture.
    For starters we had chosen piri piri king prawns and crab croquettes with sweet chilli sauce. Both were well cooked and not too hot for my liking as I do like my food on the mild side.
    For mains I had chosen a baby leg of lamb with potatoes and steamed vegetables and my partner chosen the salmon en croute.
    The leg of lamb was so big which I wasn’t sure that I could have finished all by myself but with the help of my partner it was soon gone. It was cooked so well that the meat was fallen of the bone. The salmon en croute it was well done with the salmon cooked to perfection not overcooked and the pastry thin and crusty. We finished our meal with a bottle of a crispy dry white wine.

We didn’t have any desserts as we were full by our delicious meals.

The tables are really close together which it makes it very difficult to get in and out.
    Booking it’s essential as it gets very busy on Friday and Saturday nights.

Apologies for the dark images of the photos as I have forgotten to change the settings on the camera.

Favorite Dish: The baby leg of lamb it was delicious, well cooked and full of flavours.

Cafe Rojo Cafe Rojo Salmon en croute Piri piri king prawns Baby leg of lamb

The Square Cafe: Quick service

by Galaxy31 Updated Feb 7, 2015

On our last day with limited time on our side and recommended by the Tourist Information Office we went to Square Cafe in Casemates Square to have breakfast/ lunch before our flight home.

The cafe it was busy with morning diners but we soon found a table and placed our orders. I had the steak baguette with chips and my partner had the garlic chicken and chips. My steak baguette it was perfectly cooked and I enjoyed every bite. The garlic chicken it was on the bone which to my partners surprised it didn’t go down well but he still enjoyed the flavours. I had a taste of it and I have found that it was too much garlic, but we have enjoyed our fresh squeezed orange juice.
    The strawberry cheesecake it was double the portion that it should have been as it was the waitress first time to slice the cheesecake and I couldn’t finish it off.
    We have ordered a bottle of water which it never arrived and we did got charged but after pointed out the mistake they have corrected their final bill.
    The staff were friendly and very courteous.

The restaurant has got a big seating area outside in the square which it would make a nice place
    to enjoy a meal on a sunny day.

Favorite Dish: The steak baguette washed down with a freshly squeezed orange it was the perfect brunch for me.

The Square Cafe The Square Cafe Garlic chicken & chips Steak baguette & chips My enormous cheesecake

O'Reilly's Irish Bar: Great atmosphere

by Galaxy31 Updated Jan 26, 2015

After we had left Bridge Bar we cross the bridge and we come across the Irish pub O'Reillys with the music blaring from all corners, but as were both hungry and time was against us we decided to get something to eat from this bar.

We have found a table in the middle of the bar away from the speakers and we ordered our meal for the evening.As it was quite late I have opted for the potato and leek soup and my partner for the O’Reillys burger and chips.

My soup was piping hot but it was very salted which I have returned back and I'm was offered French onion soup but I declined to have it as I don’t like it.

My partner’s burger it was big and juicy with all the trimmings including smoked crispy bacon and cheese which I did had a bite & it was delicious but I have ended sharing his chips for the evening.

The atmosphere it was great but I have found this one very loud with the music.

Favorite Dish: The burger it was tasty and very juicy.

O'reilly's Irish Pub Leek & potato soup O'Reilly's burger O'reilly's Irish Pub O'reilly's Irish Pub

Paparazzi Restaurant: Authentic Italian lunch

by Galaxy31 Updated Jan 26, 2015

After walking around for a few hours on our first day we decided to stop at Papparazzi restaurant
    to get something to eat and have a rest and as it was just down the road from where we were staying we have chosen this place.

As it was early evening we were the only customers there. The restaurant it was clean and the service it was fantastic.
    Our waiter it was so funny and very honest at the same time. We got to know his life story in thirty minutes.

I have chosen the pasta with smoky bacon and it was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever tasted.

When the owner came over our table and asked if everything was ok I did ask if the pasta was freshly made on the premises but I’m was told that it imported direct from Italy.

The pasta strands it was thicker than the usual spaghetti and the taste it was out of this world. If I’m was staying longer I would have definitely gone back for more.

I have even liked their olives as they had come with the pip which I much prefer them than the others without it.

When you pay in Gibraltar for the bill at any restaurant they do give you two prices. One it's in Euro and the other one it's in sterling. When my partner paid for the bill it didn't realise that it was both euro & sterling and he paid five pounds more but the waiter it was honest about it and came back to return the fiver.

Favorite Dish: The pasta it was thick and tasted like it was fresly made, delicious.

Paparazzi Paparazzi Paparazzi Paparazzi Paparazzi

Little Rock Restaurant: See the world go round

by Galaxy31 Written Jan 26, 2015

After the trip to the top of The Rock we wanted to just relax and enjoy the rest of the day, and as it was a nice weather we headed for Casemates Square to sit ijn the sun. After we have found a table at Little Rock we were waiting for the menu for more than ten minutes with nobody approaching our table. Then we had to ask two different waiters for a menu and even that it has taken another five minutes. At one point we were thinking of leaving but as we knew we wouldn’t have found such a nice spot in the square to sit and relax, we have decided wait.

When we had placed our order it has taken more than usual for our lunch to arrive but as it was a musician playing live music in the square we just sat there enjoying the music and watching the people going passing.

I had ordered a regular beef burger with onion rings and my partner had the pasta with bacon, shrimps and chilli.
    Both our meals were delicious and tasty. The burger it was so big but juicy at the same time but I didn’t enjoy the thin fries. My partners pasta it was nice and with a lot of chilli.

When we have finished we did ask for more drinks but when they didn’t arrive after ten minutes we had asked for the bill and we left.

The restaurant it was very busy but not enough staff to take care of the customers.

Favorite Dish: My big tasty juicy burger.

Little Rock Restaurant Little Rock Restaurant Pasta dish My burger My burger

The Piccadilly Garden Bar: Great Bacon Butties

by Galaxy31 Written Jan 26, 2015

While walking towards the cable car we came across The Piccadilly Garden Bar so we have stopped to have breakfast before we made our way to the top of the rock.

As we didn’t wanted a full English breakfast we have opted for bacon and egg butties which we have washed down with a fresh squeezed orange juice and hot beverages.

The bacon butties were hot and the bacon well cooked and crispy.

The staff were friendly and attentive all through the service.

Favorite Dish: Bacon and egg butties

The Piccadilly Garden Bar The Piccadilly Garden Bar The Piccadilly Garden Bar Our breakast Our breakast

Bridge Bar & Grill: Great place for drinks

by Galaxy31 Updated Jan 26, 2015

On the first evening we had been recommended a few places but when we have checked them out
    there were all full so we decided to take a stroll at the Ocean Village and see if we could find something there.
    We came across Bridge Bar so we had decided to take a drink and check the menu at the same time.

As the Mexican menu it didn’t appeal to us on that night we had decided to go to another bar instead, but what I did like it’s the sticker that they had on their menu to have a smaller dessert portion to beat diabetes.

With the music at the background, the place had a very relaxing atmosphere. As the bar/restaurant it’s located at the edge of the marina by the bridge it would be a great setting in the summer.
    The staff were very friendly.

Favorite Dish: We didn't dine here, stopped for drinks.

Bridge Bar & Grill Bridge Bar & Grill Bridge Bar & Grill Bridge Bar & Grill Ocean Village

• DAO's Profile Photo

ROCK FISH & CHIPS: HELL NO

by DAO Written May 15, 2014

This place is so nasty that I am surprised the health authorities haven't shut it down or the Police arrest the owners for crimes against food - and tourists. Years ago this traditional Fish & Chip Shop got very good reviews. The original owner is apparently long gone. When I walked in I kept thinking it looked a little dirty. I just wanted some chips. I saw this guy drop something that looked more like french fries into a basket and then into the oil. Something didn't seem right. I was then handed some 'chips' stuffed into a metal takeaway tray. They tasted as nasty as they looked. I was still in the restaurant when I confronted them about them not really being chips. The response was something mumbled like 'Turkish Chips'. So much for the words 'Traditional' and 'English' on the front. Everything I saw coming out to table over the next few days looked greasy and nasty. PLEASE read this and other recent reviews on the internet. Stay well clear of this place. There are 2 nice looking Fish & Chip shops in the same square and they look the business.

And if you are going to Gibraltar - rate this tip as I have saved you from a bad experience. I couldn't even get the seagulls to eat them!

NASTY NASTY NASTY

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Gauchos: Argentinian Steakhouse

by gordonilla Written Mar 2, 2013

I had tried to eat here for lunch the day before my visit; sadly it was not open. However on my next visit, it was early evening and I was able to get a table. Ideally you need to book, it is very popular.

The staff are excellent and helpful - good menu and service.

I had a good steak meal and sides of friend onions and pepper sauce.

There was a cover charge applied to my bill.

Favorite Dish: Steak of course! Why not try Churrasco!

Exterior Interior (1) Starter Churrasco

• illumina's Profile Photo

Rock English Fish and Chips: Best of British!

by illumina Written Aug 8, 2011

We found it quite hard to be in Gibraltar and not crave some traditional English grub (after over a month on the road!), so we caved in and had pie and chips at this friendly chippy. The prices are fairly similar to back home too!

• illumina's Profile Photo

Rock English Fish and Chips: Best of British!

by illumina Written Aug 8, 2011

• yumyum's Profile Photo

The Royal Calpe

by yumyum Updated Apr 14, 2011

The Royal Calpe is located in the Main (shopping) Street of Gibraltar. In front of the pub there is a small outdoor seating area. The main part of the pub with the bar seems to be the smoking section. There is a large wintergarden to the back where you will find the non-smoking, family friendly section. It was amazing how many mothers with strollers frequented the place for lunch. There are a couple of children's high chairs.

Service was friendly and attentive.

You may pay in EURO but change is in sterling.

Favorite Dish: I opted for a Quiche Lorraine for GBP 5.75 and my mother for Fish & Chips for GBP 6.50. A tea was GBP 1.20. The food was very yummy indeed.

Quiche Lorraine front view of the Royal Calpe

• kaloz's Profile Photo

Latino's Diner: Open Air Bistro

by kaloz Updated Apr 4, 2011

There are many open air bistros along the main street. I just happened to pick this one to sit and write my postcards with a cup of tea. I was shortly joined by my three Brasilian friends Glase, Maria, and Luzia. Maria loves mushrooms.

Favorite Dish: Mushrooms in a Parcel £7.95 or
    Mushroom Cream Sauce £8.25

Mushrooms do not agree with Kaloz, I was content with my tea, but enjoyed the company. The girls were laughing at my postcard scheme, and enjoyed the messages I wrote to my friends and family.

Maria Loves Mushrooms
    • Cruise

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Pickwick Bar: Live Music

by bugalugs Updated Apr 4, 2011

We didnt actually eat at this bar, just stopped to sit outside and listen to the live music, which was a guitarist who also sang and a keyboard player. They were very good.
    However the lady at the next table asked us were we eating, she had just had a meal and praised the food highly.
    Its only a small place yet on a couple of nights of the week they have entertainment.
    Wednesday is quiz night.
    The night we were there was a friday.
    The only problem was it seems to be a bit of a wind tunnel where the tables and chairs are outside, and got quite chilly.

Favorite Dish: As I said we didnt eat here but I found their menu on the web so the web address below is their menu.

Pickwick Bar

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
Governor's Inn
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Gibraltar

Comments

Gibraltar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Gibraltar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gibraltar sightseeing.
Map of Gibraltar