Duty Free Goods, Gibraltar

Know about this? Rate It!

Main Street
    by micas_pt
  • Duty Free Goods
    by keeweechic
  • Duty Free Goods
    by keeweechic
  • Gib Airport - Duty Free Shop: Alcohol and tobacco bargains

by scotia001 Written Nov 1, 2010

What to buy: The price of the airport's Duty Free shop alcohol and tobacco, including cigarettes, cost about 1/3 cheaper than down-town Gibraltar on Main street.

What to pay: 1ltr spirits about £5.00 - rolling tobacco between £6 to £9 for 5 packs of tobacco. All dependant on brand, but SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than in town. Check it out when you arrive, you can buy your entitlement on the way out to save carrying it about.

• Duty Free Goods: Shopping in Gibraltar

by Hannahh Written Aug 11, 2012

I recently came back from a cruise where we stopped in Gibraltar, it was our 4th time there so we knew where to get good deals. If you are looking to buy sunglasses go to a few shops before buying, some are cheaper than others, I would recommend a shop called S&S but there are many others with good deals too. Various things are cheaper such as, makeup, fragrance, and jewellery, however be sure to price things up before you go to Gibraltar as not everything is that good a deal. Pandora can be cheaper, but it can also be more expensive, I would recommend bringing a Pandora booklet with you (they have prices in) so you can compare prices.

Some people have mentioned that electronics are not a good buy, but, when it comes to cameras I strongly disagree. For anyone looking to buy electronics I can suggest a shop called 'Galaxy' it's on the main street and has some very good deals, for example, the new Nikon D3200 is priced at a low £395 compared to the UK price of £529.

What to buy: (some will be cheaper others not)
    Sunglasses
    Makeup
    Fragrance
    Alcohol
    Tobacco
    Jewellery
    Electronics

What to pay: Depends on what you buy, prices seem to have dropped recently

• School Holidays
    • Photography
    • Cruise

• CarlosM33's Profile Photo

Vijay: Ray Ban Sunglasses

by CarlosM33 Written Jan 30, 2014

One of the larger shops along the Main Street of Gibraltar, I found VIJAY to be a very modern and trendy shop, with very helpful staff without being too pushy. I hate it when you go into shops and the sales assistant is breathing down your neck. They have got a fantastic range of sunglasses of all brands at fantastic discount prices. Just imagine, I picked up a pair of Ray Ban aviator sunglasses at £69!! They also have a range of mid-price watches, brands such as Seiko, Fossil, etc. They also have an online store www.vijay.gi and they ship worldwide (I think).

What to buy: Gibraltar is well-known for its duty-free prices in alcohol and tobacco. Unfortunately, I don't smoke so I couldn't take advantage of that. There is also a great selection of jewellery shops and I managed to buy my fiancee's engagement ring at a fantastic deal. Look out for the shop called Glamour, again great service and good prices.

• rob-craig's Profile Photo

ALLvendors of spirits: Tax free haven

by rob-craig Written Oct 14, 2002

Gib is a tax free duty free shoppers paradise (but remember you are only allowed to bring a maximum of E170 through Spain) I wont tell them if you dont!

What to buy: Cigaretts £6.00 for 200 top brand
    Whiskey £5.50 for a litre bottle top brands
    leather,electrical items but remember your limits.

• gezza's Profile Photo

Mainstreet Delights

by gezza Updated Apr 28, 2003
    Main Street Gib!

General tip here, the streets of Gibraltar have fine shops and interesting ones to boot. Enjoy! One warning for backpackers, especially of non-British nationality - the place runs off British pounds, so it is not really cheap at the Gib.

• Duty Free Goods: cheap as chips!

by julzzzz Written May 22, 2003

Tax free what more do i need to say,bargains galore!
    Great guys shop called Marble Arc at the end of Main St.

What to buy: Booze,fags,smellies!

What to pay: £4.50 for a litre of vodka!£7 for 200 b&h.Heaven...or not if you over indulge in either of these i suppose...lol.

• EdinburghRoc's Profile Photo

Duty Free Goods: Tax Free goods to take home. CUSTOMS IN UK

by EdinburghRoc Updated Mar 14, 2006

Now this was only my firs-time abroad on my own [second time abroad]
    Heathrow customs give me a very hard time they were going to keep my cine camera.
    Had me sign forms etc but in the end I kept the camera.
    He just kept on asking if someone give me the camera to bring into the country, where I bought it? Did I buy it in Dixon's?

I also had a bit of luck my duty free 1LT bottle of Teachers whisky dropped through the bag and bounced off the floor in the terminal up into the air where I caught it. Well done Teachers for making a bottle with a good thick bottom.

What to pay: Remember customs will be awaiting your arrival home and tax may be payable.

• Architecture
    • Beaches

• MURRA's Profile Photo

Duty Free Goods: british goods ,liquor ,cigarets perfume

by MURRA Written Nov 30, 2005

there are hundreds of stores ,electronic jewelry and chocolateer

What to pay: all are in british pounds (times 2 for dollar value)

Instant Answers: Gibraltar