Tours - Land / Sea, Gibraltar

Know about this? Rate It!

• Tours - Land / Sea
    by Skibbe
  • keeweechic's Profile Photo

Bus Tours

by keeweechic Written May 7, 2009

There is a mini bus company called Blands which really the main company doing all the tours of Gibraltar. They have a guided tour which takes you to the upper part of the Rock visiting St Michaels Cave as well as around Europa Point.

• Architecture
    • Photography

• Skibbe's Profile Photo

Taxi tour

by Skibbe Written Aug 9, 2004

The Rock

We walked to the main square of Gibraltar and then caught a taxi tour for about $25. I usually like to see things on my own but for seeing the rock and to cover the distance you want, this was probably our best option.

• Like I previously mentioned...

by aero1 Written Aug 24, 2002

Like I previously mentioned the best way to get to Gibraltar might be to take a car and park outside in Spain. This, however, may have consequences, because of the rate of crime.

A second option, and one that I do not think should be taken, is to go with a tourist group. These types of groups worked well for us when we went to Granada and Sevilla, because of the distance from where we stayed in Spain (Marbella) and because I was unsure of exactly where to go and where to park. With Gibraltar I simply drove there and figured it out. It was not too hard. Everyone we talked to were nice and very helpful. We found a place to park and walked toward the pedestrian area.

Another very good option, if you can do it, is to ride a motor bike. While, we were waiting to get back into Spain, motor bikes were able to bypass the whole process that cars had to go through. These bikes would enable you to travel more easily and park near to the sites that you might want to see.
    Walk, motor bike.

{The picture is of the pedestrian area.

Instant Answers: Gibraltar