Ayia Galini Travel Guide

• Ayia Galini
    by Sharon
  • View from the Daedalus-Ikarus monument at the port
    View from the Daedalus-Ikarus monument...
    by greyowl7
    Viewed with tele from the port wall
    by greyowl7

Ayia Galini Hotels

Ayia Galini Restaurants

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

by Rachel972 Written Sep 7, 2009

The food was delicious from the first bite, just the right amount of cooking and spices. It's the difference between OK and Great, and it was just lucky because there are lots of restaurants around. It was our first meal in Crete, we went to the same place the next evening. So I really don't have any opinion about other tavernas in Agia Galini.

The rooftop terrace has a lovely view after sunset, and it's cooler than the lower terraces when the top awning was rolled up and let the heat go up and away.

We came early (7 PM) so we got the table at the edge of the terrace, then it filled up.

Favorite Dish: I loved the shrimp saganaki (without gluten, I'm a celiac). My husband liked the small fried fish, both dishes were much tastier than when we ordered the same in other restaurants.

Of course with only two suppers we couldn't try so much of the menu.

We've often been in Greece, and at home I look up the recipes in the internet, but there are many local variations. I ordered a shrimp saganaki at another village, and the only similarity was the bowl in which it was baked.

Ayia Galini Favorites

• greyowl7's Profile Photo
    View from the Daedalus-Ikarus monument at the port

by greyowl7 Written May 1, 2006

Favorite thing: Walk through the steep side streets full of shops and tavernas

Fondest memory: Good food in a friendly atmosphere (e.g. in Onar Taverna)

Instant Answers: Ayia Galini

Comments

Ayia Galini Travel Guide
Map of Ayia Galini