Car & Bike Hire, Crete Island

Know about this? Rate It!

Voyager Rent A Car (Gouves)
    by Balam
  • Car & Bike Hire
    by giagri
    Here it is our FIAT
    by Jawnuta
  • CarRentalCrete

by giagri Written Nov 21, 2013

First time in Crete and i must say that it was fantastic! We booked the car via email just a few days ago. I was the first driver of a great brand new city car. As the staff member informed me they renewed their fleet every two years! We picked it up from their parking station which is just a few steps from the arrival station. They were very friendly and suggested us a lot of places to drive! Strongly recommended!

• The Best car rentals www.thebestcars.gr

by elizeliz Written Feb 26, 2012

This is my review about a local car rental company, The Best: exactly what it's name says THE BEST. Excellent cars, we had a brand-new one, low prices, really friendly and professional people. Our friends rented from The Best last month and last summer twice and are always satisfied with their services. I strongly recommend it. www.thebestcars.gr

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Car rental AUTOTRIP

by Jawnuta Updated Feb 12, 2011

Here it is our  FIAT

We were trying AUTOTRIP company in summer 2007.

Litsa , the agent will always wait for you with your name on the sign.
    First time we used this company in 2007. We took and returned car to Chania airport. We ordered Hyundai Accent but it was not available and we ended au with Fiat Albea.
    Next time we rented a Fiat Idea in 2009 from Heraklio port. It was last minute rental as we decided to call her while on Santorini.
    Litsa is very comunicative and will try to help in any situation as changing a car during your stay or keeping it longer.
    They also have great prices for 1 week rentals.

As long as they have a car for us we will always rent from them :-)

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Auto Perla

by Martin_S. Written Dec 7, 2010

This small, no TINY, rental company in Kato Gouves gives excellent service for such a small company. We rented a Hyundai Trajet (seats 6) which after 3 days had a small problem. We spoke to Milonaki Eleni, the owner and she arranged for another car for the next day, actually two cars...we got two Nissian Micra's which were actually easier to buzz around in when we visited the big city of Heraklion that day.

The most important OTHER thing is that we got a more than excellent price, something like 25% LESS than the nearest other agency we checked.

• Just Car Rental Crete is a Top

by b.todd Written Nov 16, 2009
    just rent a car, car hire crete, car rental crete

We were recommended to Just Rentals by users of an online Crete forum I'm glad they did. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I'm a great believer in you get what you pay for, we have in other resorts picked the cheapest option, this can be a mistake. Although not the cheapest I considered it very good value for money. The car came with a very good information pack and maps and they even gave us recommendations on where to visit with the children.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Car Renta Crete

by angiebabe Updated Aug 5, 2008

This rental car company, run by a husband and wife team, were just next door to the (crappy) Hotel Kristi where I stayed - their rates were reasonable for getting me a car for midday the next day after I figured I wouldve seen the sites particularly the renowned archeology museum.

They have a depot out at the airport which is only about 10 minutes away and they happily arranged to drive me out there to show me where to drop it when I was ready to leave in 2 days time from the airport.

I would recommend them as a pleasant and reliable and helpful couple with good cars to rent.

Yannis and Sonja Kafetzakis
    32 Epimenidou Street
    71202 Heraklion,
    Crete

• Adventure Travel

• Balam's Profile Photo

Voyager Rent A Car (Gouves)

by Balam Written Jul 19, 2008

Voyager Rent A Car  (Gouves)

We called in Voyager Rent A Car as it was just down the road from our apartments and were met By Kostas who was very friendly and had lived and worked in Manchester for a couple of years so we had a drink and a chat before finally getting around to the car hire. We hired a Clio for €210,00 for 7 days, I checked around the car pointing out some damage which they had not known about (a slight hair line turned out to be a crack right through the plastic wing) a couple of dents and some marks( the marks they were not bothered about).
    On 14/07/08 we took the car back with no problems.

• Singles

• Renting a car

by 24debbie Updated Jan 1, 2008

We rented a jeep which we picked up at the airport through Anna Car rentals. They met us at the airport with a sign. The driver let us follow him to the main highway. It was very interesting driving in Crete. They make 2 lanes out of one and anything goes. We overcame this and fit right in with traffic. I would suggest staying on the main routes. We took a side route hoping to find little towns off the beaten path. What we did find was narrow roads winding up a mountain, no guard rails and sheer drops. It was very nerve wracking and we ended up turning around and getting back on the main highway. Despite this I would recommend renting a car to get the most out of your stay. Anna cars was very reliable and a pleasure to do business with. I even received a Christmas card from them.

• Work Abroad
    • Archeology

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Rental car: The key to freedom

by AcornMan Updated Nov 29, 2007

Our Daewoo Matiz from Greenways

Crete does have a very good public bus system that runs all over the island, even to some fairly obscure places, but in my opinion the best way to see Crete is to rent a car so you can go wherever you want whenever you want and stop when you come across something interesting (which is likely to be often). There are countless rental car companies on the island, but in the end I settled on Greenways because their price was lower than others I researched. They had good service and the car I rented performed very well, even on some very rough roads that I probably should not have taken it on. We saw cars from dozens of other rental companies though, so you have plenty of choices. In addition to renting us the car, Greenways also got us a good deal for our hotel in Rethymnon.

• hiring a transport in Crete, Greece

by zuzulka Written Oct 16, 2006

The best way to travel around an island is by hiring a car, a motorcycle or a scooter. However, I do suggest being very careful with the insurance you have to pay. Each vehicle has got a different type of insurance. Firstly, the advertised price for a rental does not include the insurance. So if you see a cheap rental do not raise your hopes yet.
    However, there is a difference between a car or a scooter insurance. When hiring a car you are paying for a full insurance for all the passengers in a car. That literally means that you are allowed to damage a car completely and not pay an euro more. You are fully insured against anything!!! even a robbery which is extremely rare. Be careful with motorbikes and especially scooters. Because the latter means of transport are very popular and prone to accidents (local drivers drive like crazy) it is better to know that you not paying for a full insurance!!! Even though you are told that you do. By paying insurance you are covering damages up to 500 euros only. Anything over you have to pay yourself.
    We have hired from the company called The Best Cars (Heraklion area) and got a lot of usuful tips. The prices are far more cheaper than the ones that you find around the area you staying in. Very reliable and reacheble on the phone rather than email.
    email: info@TheBestCars.gr
    Phone: +30 2810 762450
    Web: www.thebestcars.gr
    They even pick you up from anywhere in Crete if you get stucked or a car breaks down. You can also make arrangements of picking or dropping a car in a different places.

• Seniors

• Car hire in Crete

by ben_jonhsson Written Jul 4, 2006

We rented from http://www.rental-center-crete.com . There brought us a brand new vehicle at the cheapest price we ever paid. Everything was included in the price and was clearly written at the papers we signed. Highly recommened. Plus, they offer delivery & collection all over Crete.
    Yours,
    Ben Johnsson

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo

Rent a Car

by gale.blog.pl Updated Mar 29, 2006

You can very easily rent a car, bike or motorbike in Crete. In all tourist spots there are numerous rent-a-car outlets offering all sorts of cars at very different prices and on different conditions.

Carefully read the contract you are going to sign and all the regulations ruling it.

Have in mind that both Greek and foreign drivers drive like crazy so you need to be cautious.

NEVER drink and drive anything!!!

• Naokico's Profile Photo

Car rental

by Naokico Written Jan 16, 2006

There are loads of car rental places in Crete. Most of them offer good car and good prices, but there is a catch so WATCH OUT! most car rental places will give you car that has no third party insurance! If the smallest damage will happen you will be overcharged. Even those who claim to have third party insurance, don't actually have one, when a damage occures they will charge you for the damages. I rented a car in Hersonisos, in one of the few places where they have third party insurance and comprehensive (they are also very friendly), it is a local agancy located on the main street (just about where all the shops begin), right next to a gas station.
    There are also others who are O.K. just make sure they approve that your payment covers all the insurance needed.

• Restless-in-kl's Profile Photo

Drive around Crete

by Restless-in-kl Written Sep 16, 2005

Crete is a big island, so it's best to rent a sturdy car to get you around. Be careful how you drive and don't go too fast.

Was stopped by Greek police on the road, not sure why. Thank goodness he could not speak English and I could not speak Greek, so he waved me off. Phew!

It pays to be respectful to local traffic rules.

• Lilasel's Profile Photo

Explore Crete

by Lilasel Updated Jan 22, 2005

Elena - greek driver :-)

The best way to explore Crete is a car. If you didn't come with your own car you can rent it. This way it's possible to see places which are inaccessible in tour packages.
    But be very careful with signs on the road.

Instant Answers: Crete Island