Elounda Restaurants

stewed octopus - Vachus Taverna
    baked mushrooms - Vachus Taverna
    baked giant beans - Vachus Taverna

Most Recent Restaurants in Elounda

• ERGOSPASIO RESTAURANT: “Simply Stunning... A must visit!”

by JamEm Written Jan 21, 2012
    The main entrance

This restaurant is quite simply a must visit if you find yourself in Elounda!

I have visited this restaurant many times with my girlfriend, infact it was so good we ended up there almost every night when we visited this past summer!

The food is the best tasting and clearly the best quality in Elounda. Beautifully prepared and with fresh ingredients, it truly does make your mouth water as it is set down in front of you. It is a credit to the chefs who prepare it, and also to the owner who clearly knows where to source the finest produce. AND you get all this fantastic food at a very reasonable price which just makes you feel even better!

Now we get onto the setting for this fine establishment, which will simply blow you away..... It is positioned right next to the sea, which looks perfectly clear and blue during the day, or shimmers with the all the lights of Elounda bay at night time. It is an incredible setting, and the restaurant itself is wonderful. Inside the building is crisp and modern, with a balcony area which gives an amazing view over elounda. The outside patio area provides a very picturesque setting for eating your meal, whether you're having lunch during the day or a romantic dinner in the evening.

The staff are so friendly and make you feel more welcome than any restaurant I have ever been to, they are quick, efficient and the service is fantastic! They are very attentive and really know what good service is. And a special mention must go to the owner Kostas! He truly does make you feel at home as soon as you walk into the restaurant, always making sure everything is perfect with your meal and your whole experience, which it always is! His manner and friendly nature cannot be faulted, and rest assured we will be returning to his wonderful restaurant as soon as possible!

All in all, this is by far the best restaurant in Elounda, great food at great prices with an incredible backdrop and setting. And of course with wonderful staff, who make the evening there, like an evening with your own family!

Favorite Dish: Sea food and fresh fish.

• ERGOSPASIO RESTAURANT: “Simply Stunning... A must visit!”

by J&Em Written Jan 21, 2012

This restaurant is quite simply a must visit if you find yourself in Elounda!

Elis Place: Chicken Gyros

by rl1steve Written Jul 7, 2011

The restaurant looks quite basic but the food is far from it. The lady who serves you is very friendly, I think it is her father who does all the cooking. She gets all the fresh produce from the green grocer next door, I think it is all part of the same family. Well woth a visit for an authentic cheap Greek lunch.

Favorite Dish: It as to be the Chicken Gyros we went to Elis twice and my Grandson had the Chicken Gyros both times, he went on about it so much I tried the dish the second time and I must admit it was excellent.

Del - Mar: A nice place for an after dinner Crepe

by rl1steve Written Jun 16, 2011

The Del - Mar is next door to the Poulis, I think the people who own the Poulis own the Del - Mar it is a perfect place for my wife and grandson to enjoy one of the crepes why I have a Metaxa and a double espresso, just perfect. The young lady who always seems to be there day or night always has a smile and a hello. Lovely comfortable seats again on the sea front looking over the harbour.

Favorite Dish: I can't vouch for for my wife or grandson but mine was the 5 star Metaxa lol.

Poulis: Don't miss the Mussel Saganaki

by rl1steve Written Jun 16, 2011

Another restaurant in a lovely location right on the sea front. Poulis is like a lot of restaurants we tried excellent starters but average main courses. The house red was very nice, I thought the meal was a little expensive at €79 I think that's because of the location.

Favorite Dish: Probably the Mussel Saganaki

• rl1steve's Profile Photo

Anemomylos: Away from the hussle and bussle

by rl1steve Updated Jun 15, 2011

A typical taverna serving authentic Greek food. We had a starter of Taramasalata, Tzatziki and Stuffed vine leaves. For our main we had Kleftiko, Rabbit Stifado and Veal Stifado, all very nice. We also had a litre carafe of red wine, coke and water all for €51.
    It is about 5 minutes out of Elounda on the road to Plaka next door to our accommodation The Portobello, that's why it is a little cheaper then the restaurants around the harbour. It is so peaceful looking out across the beach to Big Spinalonga. Well worth an evening stroll.

Favorite Dish: I had the Rabbit Stifado something a little different very tasty

Lotus Eater: A class of it's own

by rl1steve Updated Jun 15, 2011

The Lotus Eater is right on the sea front along with three or four other restaurants. The Lotus Eater is a family run restaurant with Daniel the son front of house, he has got lots of charisma going from table to table making everybody comfortable and wanting for nothing. There aren't many tables, you do have to book that's how they keep it intimate and special. We went along one night and the tables along the seafront where all taken, Daniel came along and he suggested we book for the following night, my wife chose the table on the outside and in the corner Daniel didn't write anything down or take our names and I must admit I was a bit dubious about the table for the following night because they were very busy. We went along the next night and there was our table in the corner with a reserve sign on it you couldn't wish for better service.
    They had snails on for a starter which my grandson and I tried for the first time and they were very nice in fact everything we tried was excellent, it was so good we booked a table for our last night and yes there was a reserve sign on our table when we arrived faultless.

Favorite Dish: It is in possible to pick a favourite the food the house red wine were all exellent.

Olondi Restaurant: Best baby squid I have ever tasted

by rl1steve Updated Jun 15, 2011

The baby squid starter was so tender and fresh even my wife liked it. Very busy and the service was slow but they apologised. The restaurant is right on the sea front and the water so clear you can watch the fish. Teriyaki with mixed fish was quite nice. Brought ice cream and fruit with the bill. Very good house red. About €67 for 3 people.

Favorite Dish: Without a doubt my favourite meal was my starter of baby squid.

• Seniors

• Kostantino's Profile Photo

Elounda Ergospasio restaurant: Eloundas best food

by Kostantino Updated Jan 27, 2010

The restaurant

The old carob factory has been turned to a stunning restaurant.The character of the old stone building on the water edge makes this place worth of a visit.Tables up the balcony and direct on the sea level patio with beautiful views to the village,the bay and Spinalonga island.The wine cellar is unique and the menu covers all different tastes.Traditional local recipies and from all over greece worthy to try.

Favorite Dish: The starters can be a full meal as a "meze" the greek way of eatting,the stuffed lamb leg,the chicken "ampelourgos"style,the sea food and the fresh own catch fish.

• Hiking and Walking

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Vachus Taverna: the best taverna in Elounda!!!

by Jawnuta Written Dec 29, 2009

Vachus Taverna

Vachus is a fish taverna Taverna however they have the meat on the menu to satisfy all their guests.
    We went for a day to Elounda, and when my hubby enjoyed the beach I strolled through entire Elounda in a search of taverna for early dinner (before we hit the road to Sita).
    Vachus Taverna was different than any other tavernas in town. First of all it was not catered to brits, but it was good greek food with a little twist of a chef who either went to culinary school or read few fancy seafood cookbooks.
    The food was much different than in most of greek Tavernas. You could see that the chef had a great knowledge of marinades, sauces, and gravies.

Favorite Dish: We had delicious octopus stewed in reach gravy, and local (they said they were local) mushrooms with some alcohol based marinade.

• MATIM's Profile Photo

no idea?: Who pays the ferryman

by MATIM Updated Oct 29, 2006

The most famous tavern of Elounda, because the movie "who pays the ferryman" broadcasting by the BBC in 1977 is recording here.
    The tavern still has lovely pictures on the wall of this movie and on top of the restaurant is a big neon "who pays the ferryman"sign so you can’t miss it.
    To our nice surprise the former owner was still present in this restaurant, he help his son who has taken over the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Dishes with feta cheese in it are my favourite.
    But also the tatziki, a kind of yoghurt sauce is delicious.

Instant Answers: Elounda

Comments

Elounda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Elounda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Elounda sightseeing.