Matala Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Matala

• Skipka's Profile Photo

Zupidakis Bakery: Bakery in Matala

by Skipka Written Oct 2, 2003

Bakery is stylish and offers great variety of local bread and cookies, cakes and additional goods such as water, ice cream etc ..

What to buy: Definitely you must try bread and thick cakes (white and chocolate one), small cookies, too. :)
    Even in Heraklion I didn't find better donuts or cakes.

What to pay: for bread around 1-2 Euro (depends on size)
    for cookies and cakes a little bit more, always depends what kind of it u choose

• Skipka's Profile Photo

The shop in the centre of Matala near the Church: Something from the olive wood

by Skipka Written Sep 29, 2003

my little remembrance

There u can buy tons of souvenirs but not craps ... handmade products from the ouzo to the home made caramels, olive wood stuff and cosmetics made from olive oil nd essences. As usually u can buy honey with wallnuts, fruits or almonds... simply go and see :)

What to buy: I always buy something that remains me my stay in the particular place. Sometimes u needn't to buy anything just pick up the little stone or so.. this time I bought a handpainted silk pareo and little cross made of olive wood. Silk pareos in Matala are beautiful, search for Christina stuff :) unique gifts... Cross is around 3 Euro, pareo around 14 Euro.

Instant Answers: Matala

Comments

Matala Shopping

Reviews and photos of Matala shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Matala sightseeing.