Aegina Island Restaurants

The amazing coast of Agia Marina -Aegina
    The amazing coast of Agia Marina -Aegina
  • The Restaurant at the beachfront of Aegina
    The Restaurant at the beachfront of...

Most Recent Restaurants in Aegina Island

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

"Klimataria" Greek cusine/Kebab Restaurant: Amazing Kebab, Gyros and homemade dishes!

by greekcypriot Updated Oct 3, 2012

The narrow road of the entrance of Klimataria

The corner restaurant “Klimataria” is actually two restaurants in one. It is one of those places you want to come back again and again especially on hot summer nights. It looks like a little paradise oasis out here. The small corner garden is surrounded by colourful flowers and branches of the vine that extend out in the street create a cozy atmosphere. The flower arrangement and decor extends outside the restaurant to the two narrow streets which remain closed in the evenings and they are turned into a nice sitting place to relax and enjoy the cuisine of the two ladies.

Popi, keeps a kebab and gyro restaurant on the back side of the tiny street.
    I cannot say that I tried the kebab or the gyro here but my husband who loves kebab came here twice assuring me that both gyro and the kebab are delicious.

Nicoleta the mother and owner of “Klimataria” is a lady who welcomes her guests with a huge smile and she is constantly around the tables to see if her guests need anything.

Her recipes come from her mother but she puts her good taste, love and talent for cooking and her creations are outstanding. Besides kebab and gyro that costs 2.50 euros -it is huge believe me, try the courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes) for 3.50 and don’t miss asking for her special melintzanosalata. It is the aubergine salad so nicely presented with homemade mayonnaise garlic and parsley and costs 3.50 as well. The beer here costs 2.50.

I highly recommend these two restaurants in one, to anyone who is after Homemade Tasty food plus Kebab and Gyro at the same time in affordable price.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Restaurant "To Dromaki": Home-made Greek cuisine-Unbeatable Hospitality!

by greekcypriot Updated Oct 1, 2012

This is what we had one of the two nights

Aliki and Nikolas are the owners of one of the restaurants which we consider exceptional. It is opposite the road as we exit the port upon arrival, by the Heroes Square) about 250 metres from the rest.

Aliki was for years in the United States, but she came permanently and lives in Aegina for years now. Her cuisine is delicious with cooking secrets well kept from her Mother who cherrished from the Grand Mother. She is a lady with positive thinking, very approachable with much sense of humour. Honestly, we were so delighted with her cuisine that I went to the kitchen and asked her to spare us some minutes so in the end she joined us for a glass of wine. We even went back another evening.

Her customers keep coming back and we witnessed of two occasions when tourists dashed in the restaurant to find her and we noticed the warm hugging and kissing.
    Another incident was when we were telling her of her exceptional octopus and amazing taramosalata when an American tourist dropped by our table where Aliki was sitting to congratulate her as his group of friends were amazed with her cooking as he claimed.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean, and prices are really affordable. I found the dishes very tasty and fresh. The location is also unique for those who want to stay away from the jammed touristy area where all restaurants are one next to the other without proper space to sit and relax and enjoy a meal.

During winter months the restaurant is still open and there is an extended porch which closes all around creating a cosy atmosphere.

If you are after a Real Home-made Greek cuisine and Greek warm hospitality this is surely the right place to come. I am sure you will be back.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Ouzeri "Akrogiali" -Snack Bar Restaurant: An Unbeatable team, Impeccable-Amazing seafood

by greekcypriot Written Sep 30, 2012

This is mezedes for 2 -what we had ordered!

A team of professionals is what the snack-Bar “To Akrogiali” is all about.
    We came to Ayia Marina for a swim first and thought to ask some people at the beach to name one or two nice places where we could have some sea food later on. A British tourist I came across names “Akrogialy”. He extends his hand pointing to the direction of the restaurant at the other end of the coast while his wife smiles nodding her head as if to say how right her husband is!
    I have a stroll on the beach first to take some photos and some young men ask me if I am a reporter. I smile and reply that I am a writer but in the meantime I start having second thoughts whether to swim or not. I exchange a few words with them and when I refer to seafood they also name the same restaurant.
    So, here we are to check if all these people are right.

The Ouzeri is right on the coast. We find several customers sitting and enjoying their drinks and meze already, and in the meantime it is so wonderful here that we decide to skip swimming. Pavlos the owner is absent but we meet Lia his wife who is such a sweet lady who shows up like a fairy figure to take our orders. I tell her not to worry about us because we plan to stay long and we order the first glasses of wine.

The trays of seafood come and go and it is not long when we order ours.

We ask ‘mezedes for two’ and we are brought the huge plate you see in my photo. The price for this does not exceed the 20 euros. Each meze was great but exceptionally good were the big prawns, the fried cuttlefish which was really tasty but we could not tell what it was. I found out when much later I asked to see the cook as I wanted to congratulate him not only for the nice presentation but the good quality of everything. The oven cooked homemade aubergine (melintzanosalata) was exceptionally good as well. The service impeccable, the mezze fresh and delicious and the owners and cook who also happen to be friends are an unbeatable team.

In all we spent more than 3 hours out here by the coast enjoying our mezze with our feet on the sand. What a lovely feeling this is!

Agia Marina is on the eastern side of the island and is surrounded by a pine forest. The coast is sandy and the waters are quite shallow ideal for children and beach games. There is a yellow beach volley post in the waters very close where the ouzeri is.

Before leaving, Pavlos shows up from the sea on a pedalo with his two little boys. Indeed a nice picture to remember. It is important to see happy faces, have good service and excellent food and honestly speaking ‘To Akrogiali’ has it all.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

"To Gramma": Cosy Atmosphere - An Artistry hang-out spot!

by greekcypriot Updated Sep 30, 2012

This is what we had with our wine

Before visiting the island of Aegina I had a look as always to find one or two spots with something different to offer.
    “To Gramma” attracted my attention because it really is different from the rest.
    It is centrally located right next to the post office of the city of Aegina. The couple who run this business is Christina and Vassilis. The latter has his own theatre on the island but at the same time helps with the drinks at the bar on busy theatrical nights.

The flowery garden is beautifully decorated and the moment you step in you notice that the cozy atmosphere has an artistic touch. There is a small stage in the garden where the bands or actors perform.

I would call it “an artistry hang-out spot” rather than an actual restaurant and it is at its highest when there is a musical night on or a theatrical performance. People of different ages come to enjoy a night out. In the summer time there is Greek Shadow theatre (Karagiozis) every Sunday night as well.

It is called though ‘mezedopoleio’ where tsipouro and ouzo are mainly served but also wine. The one we tasted was fine. During the nights of these performances drinks and soft drinkss are also on sale because the age of people varies. There are times when customers participate and I am sure it must be fun.

Christina was telling me that the eventful nights of this season are over till spring again and in fact the next night when we passed by again we found it closed. It remains open though during weekends.

Unfortunately I cannot tell much about the cuisine here, and I asked Christina to bring us anything she could think to accompany our wine. What we were brought was one grilled pepper, some tzatziki and a couple of sun-dry tomatoes (liastes) with one or two olives! We neither tasted any of the desserts to have an opinion but I can assure at this point that it is a nice hot spot for an evening outing during summer.

There is a small fee for these performances though which you should have in mind and which you don’t pay upon entering but it is added on the receipt. You can ask about the cost before you enter if you have second thoughts.

In random I give the cost of a few of the dishes on offer.
    Beer 500 ml and half kilo wine at 3.00 respectively.
    Ouzo (small glass) 2.50, Raki karafe 3.50, a drink at the bar 5.00
    Fried shrimps cooked in ouzo 7.00, a small plate of some feta cheese with caper and sun-dried tomatoes 4.50, and the special salad “Gramma” 7.50
    A portion of souvlaki (kebab) 7.00 euros
    Dessert is at 4.00.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

"O Miltos" Sea Food Perdika: Check the bill carefully before you pay!

Mr. Miltiadis the father

The Sea food tavern “O Miltos” attracted our attention from the moment we came to Perdika so we thought to give it a try.
    It seemed to be the most beautiful spot on the beachfront even though there was not a single person sitting at that moment.
    Both the father –Miltos and the son Andrea were very kind and very polite but by the end we were disappointed.

I asked for Fava. It is the yellow split peas. My dish was excellent and it was only 3.50 euros. A very chilly glass taken out of the freezer accompanied my bottle of beer (3.00 euros)
    My husband asked for a dish of pasta which came sprinkled with some cheese on top. This was rated 6.00 euros, and fried potatoes 3.50 euros. I find these last two rated higher than normal!

Anyway, what bothered me most was that when we got the receipt we noticed that we were charged for just ONE glass of water and some bread that we did not touch 1 euro. Somebody will probably think that one euro is nothing. Ok it is not…I could understand it if we had to pay for a whole bottle but not charged because I kindly asked for a glass of water before taking the boat to Moni.
    No wonder why nobody else was at the restaurant ….Only us.

Anyway, steamed mussels cost 8.00, the (frozen) shrimp saganaki costs 12.00, fried Octopus 10.00 –and it is one leg. Squid is rated at 10.00.
    Soft drinks at 2.00

If you come here check carefully what you are charged before paying.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

"Ex Anatolis" Greek cusine restaurant: They are not that honest with customers!

The Restaurant at the beachfront of Aegina

“Ex Anatolis” Greek Restaurant

The Restaurant serves mostly traditional Greek cuisine.
    We came here for a quick snack actually. Personally I was not hungry and my husband wanted to have some kebabs and gyro only.
    We had 4 sticks of kebab X2.50 euros,
    2 bottles of beer X 3.00 euro, One pitta with gyro 2.60 and fried courgettes 4.50
    We paid 21.90 and with surprise we noticed that we were asked to pay separately the two pitas that were in the dish with the stick kebab. For this pitta we were charged 2.60 more!! I find it very unfair.
    There are other places more honest to go to.

Octopus in wine sauce costs 8 euro, Green salad 6.00.
    Mousaka at 9 and a bottle of beer depending on the brand starts from 2.80-3.00 euros. Soft drinks cost 2.00. Red and white wine are rated to 4 euros, and desserts - (chocolate and Orange pastry 3.50, and Bougatsa for two costs 7.00 euros.

• kraist's Profile Photo

GELADAKIS: Seafood form the sea to your plate!

by kraist Updated Jan 16, 2011

This is a MUST !!

When someone visits Aegina he must eat at Geladakis. Stelios Geladakis has his Restaurant from his dad , it was a cafe', and it is located conviniently opposite the fish market of Aegina , 5' from the port.
    He still makes the dishes old style and his family runs the bussines.

He doesn't have a menu all the time, as the menu is based on what the fish market has. So you can imagine that it is all fresh...

At winter time the place inside is old- fashioned and lloks like a cafe...

Dont miss the special "TSIKNOPEMPTI" night when all the family is there with their costumes on.
    I was served by a pirate in 2008!!!

Favorite Dish: FRIED CALAMARI
    It is the most delicious fried Calamari i ve ever eaten . I dont know why , but it has the appropriate taste and temperature. Try it with a fried Octopus and ouzo and forget to stand up.

We always have it last as it is so sweet that we call it our dessert.

• mardaska's Profile Photo

Agora: In the fishmarket

by mardaska Updated Jan 20, 2006

Fish restaurant

A simple fish restaurant in the heart of the fish market. It is crowded most of the time on weekends, but it is worth to wait for a seat.

Take a look around. There are a couple of other restaurants with exactly the same food. Take a seat anywhere!!

Favorite Dish: Fish, fried shrimps, octopus, salad and of course ouzo!!!

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Cafe Leousis: Internet cafe by the port

by SWFC_Fan Written Dec 30, 2005

Cafe Leousis business card

Cafe Leousis is an Internet cafe on the seafront in Aegina Town, just a few minutes walk from the port.

As well as providing Internet access, it also serves a wide variety of soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, coffees, ice creams, cakes and waffles.

Internet access is available on two computer terminals indoors - but is relatively expensive (about 6 Euros per hour in October 2005).

Most people who visit the cafe are not there to access the Internet, but to enjoy a drink at one of the outdoor tables with views across to the port.

• Taverna Ostria: The fastest waiter in Greece

by gaylordtrotsky Written Oct 18, 2005

View from the table at restaurant Ostria

Situated a few yards from our apartments, we spent several wonderfiul evenings listening to the sea lap against the beach a few yards away, eating wonderfully food, with excellent service. This is the only restaurant in Greece where I have ever seen a waiter running back and forth to tables. This was no mean feat as he had to keep ducking below the branches of the trees that were shading the tables on the beach. The fish is fresh, generously portioned and perfectly cooked. The menu can be limited but what wasn't available one night, was the next. Everyone seemed to be eating the cheese pies, but there were so many other nice things to try we ran out of time before we could try them.

Favorite Dish: Unfortunately I could not work out what the name of my favourite fish was, (a combination of my poor greek and too much ouzo) but the swordfish came a very close second.

• Beaches

• railadan's Profile Photo

Yachtclub Panagakis: Our favourite restaurant in Aigina Town!

by railadan Updated Jun 23, 2004

Yacht Club Panagakis - Aegina Town - Aegina island

Yachtclub Panagakis must be the best restaurant on the island! Very fast service means short waiting times for your food. For 4 to 5 Euro, you get a large plate with plenty of good quality food. At other restaurants we got a lot less. Breakfast, lunch, dinner: all is great! Oh, and they have an internet PC available too, for 1 Euro per 10 minutes.

• AndyRG's Profile Photo

Octopi...

by AndyRG Updated Jun 5, 2003

So delicious!

Many tavernas cook octopi in such a way: after being under the sun for much time, it comes the turn of the devilled grill.
    It is one of my favorite dishes -especially if I catch them by my own- independently of the way of cooking...

• AndyRG's Profile Photo

The best souvenir!

by AndyRG Updated Nov 12, 2002

Eat them!

Pistachio groves are everywhere on the island. The pistachios of Aigina are famous all over Greece (at least!), cheap and delicious. This product has been synonymous to the island, where -in general- you can find a wide selection of tasty food.

• railadan's Profile Photo

A lot of restaurants on Aegina island: Don't miss the fresh octopus!

by railadan Updated Jun 23, 2004

Delicious!

A specialty on Aegina is grilled octopus! A lot of restaurants server grilled octopus and squids. You know they're fresh, since they hang on a rail or line waiting to be served! A delicious treat!

• mardaska's Profile Photo

En plo: Breakfast!

by mardaska Written Oct 6, 2003

Breakfast

This coffeehouse is located at the port of Aigina and it is the right place to start your day watching the fishermen and the yachts in front of you.

Favorite Dish: All kinds of breakfast.

Instant Answers: Aegina Island

Comments

Aegina Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aegina Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aegina Island sightseeing.

View all Aegina Island hotels