Aegina Island Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Aegina Island

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Crowded on weekends

by AcornMan Updated Apr 24, 2004

Aigina is a popular destination for Athenians also trying to escape the city for a short while, so it tends to get quite crowded on weekends. Even in early June, which is not even the highest tourist season yet, the beaches on Aigina were substantially more crowded than the ones we visited on Naxos during the same time period. The bus for the long trip across the island was standing room only, and then once we got there we could hardly find a spot for our towels. My advice is to avoid visiting on weekends for that reason. It's a small island and gets crowded quickly during high-traffic times.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Weather in Winter

by suvanki Updated Nov 15, 2007

I was informed by some of the locals, that the torrential downpour was unexpected, Snow had been forcast!

Although I wasn't expecting a heatwave in March, I'd not packed wet weather gear!

I'll know next time, to come prepared for all weathers.

Luckily my hotel had heating in the rooms, but as I found out later (when I arrived in Poros) most pensions are more designed for keeping cool in the Summer months- Marble flooring, flimsy windows- that let in draughts! - oh and only 1 blanket.

Leaving Aegina in the storm

• railadan's Profile Photo

No cash dispenser in Aghia Marina

by railadan Updated Jun 14, 2004

Somewhere on the internet I already read that there is only one cash dispenser in Aghia Marina, the main tourist resort on Aigina. When visiting Aghia Marina, it turned out that this sole cash dispencer had been removed about a year ago, so the only place with cash dispensers on the island is Aegina Town! This is absolutely unacceptable because Aghia Marina is the main tourist resort on the island and people now have to travel 12km to the nearest cash dispenser!

• railadan's Profile Photo

Beware of the tap water!

by railadan Updated Jun 14, 2004

The tap water on Aegina has a really bad aftertaste. We noticed this when drinking the (free) glasses of water that are supplied as a courtesy at most restaurants. Although we didn't get ill, even after drinking a glass of ice tea that was made using the water, the taste alone is enough to keep you from drinking it. Also, we asked the waiters not to put ice cubes in our soft drinks. Of course, the different brands bottled water sold in stores and pubs are OK.

According to a local woman we met, Aigina is the only island that suffers from this problem. The other islands in the vicinity and the city of Athens have good drinking water. Indeed the water from public taps in Athens is OK, as I noticed my self some years ago.

• Business Travel
    • Cruise

• gnt70's Profile Photo

Near Suvala, it looks ok, but...

by gnt70 Written Aug 21, 2005

From Aegina to Suvala, you see this nice beach, everything is fine but there is an awful beach bar and very loud music that will really drive you crazy. Avoid this spot., except if you are addicted to Greek music!

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Aegina Island

Comments

Aegina Island Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Aegina Island warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aegina Island sightseeing.

View all Aegina Island hotels