Been here? Rate It!
Acropol: It's ok, but not the best.
We ended up there on a snow day... yes, SNOW! Most of the places were closed. This taverna welcomed us and we found good and relatively cheap food there. There was no music, though.
Favorite Dish: After I ate in several places in Plaka, I cannot remember anything special about Acropol. See my other reviews...
- Study Abroad
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
Acropol: Dinner and Dancing
Taverna Acropol was one of our favorite restaurants. Not only did we have some very good inexpensive food, but we also had music and dancing for entertainment. With two liters of wine and a full dinner for two for under $30 American dollars, we were delighted with the experience. We had a table right in the front of the restaurant. The dancers did traditional Greek dancing right in front of our table. We clapped our hands and nodded our heads to the music. Although it is for the tourists I still felt like we were in a very intimate tradition Greek restaurant.
For greek Kitchen
Favorite Dish: What you can eat:
1) Horiatiki salata (the greek salad)
3) kalamarakia tiganita (fried squids)
4) kreas kokkinisto (meat with red sauce), very delicious
5) htapodi (oktopus)
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Athens Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Glacier National Park Hotels
- Jiuzhaigou Hotels
- Muhafazat Musandam Hotels
- Key Largo
- Point Judith Hotels