Acropol, Athens

4 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

Kydathineon Square, Plaka

• Acropol: Acropol restaurant plaka

by Sapwilson Written Jul 8, 2014

Awful. Worst dinner after 22 days in Greece. We were charmed by host only to be totally disappointed by meals. Lamb dish ok at best but two pasta dishes were terrible. Last dinner in Athens so very disappointed. Avoid as other restaurants in square are better choices.

• agarfield5's Profile Photo

Acropol in the Plaka: Friendliest restaurant in Athens

by agarfield5 Written Mar 30, 2014

I have eaten here three times over the last 3 years. Each time it has been fabulous; I can't bring a group to Athens without stopping here. Vill (Bill) is such a great host and Xeno isa one-man standup comedy act. The University students thoroughly loved the 3 course meal, too. Greek Salad, Souvlaki, and Halva - couldn't be better. And the price is great. With music and great decor, I recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Athens. Look at these pictures. Are we having a great time or what???

Favorite Dish: Souvlaki, of course.

U of Dubuque Students U of Dubuque Students U of Dubuque Students
    • School Holidays
    • Architecture
    • Museum Visits

• aquatic's Profile Photo

Acropol: It's ok, but not the best.

by aquatic Written Feb 27, 2008

We ended up there on a snow day... yes, SNOW! Most of the places were closed. This taverna welcomed us and we found good and relatively cheap food there. There was no music, though.

Favorite Dish: After I ate in several places in Plaka, I cannot remember anything special about Acropol. See my other reviews...

• Study Abroad

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Acropol: Dinner and Dancing

by littlesam1 Updated Jun 12, 2007

Taverna Acropol was one of our favorite restaurants. Not only did we have some very good inexpensive food, but we also had music and dancing for entertainment. With two liters of wine and a full dinner for two for under $30 American dollars, we were delighted with the experience. We had a table right in the front of the restaurant. The dancers did traditional Greek dancing right in front of our table. We clapped our hands and nodded our heads to the music. Although it is for the tourists I still felt like we were in a very intimate tradition Greek restaurant.

• Christianne's Profile Photo

ACROPOL

by Christianne Written Nov 16, 2002

For greek Kitchen

Favorite Dish: What you can eat:
    1) Horiatiki salata (the greek salad)
    2)fish
    3) kalamarakia tiganita (fried squids)
    4) kreas kokkinisto (meat with red sauce), very delicious