Eden Restaurant, Athens

• ChrsStrl's Profile Photo

The Eden Restaurant: Good vegetarian food

by ChrsStrl Written May 11, 2003

Eden

In a quiet area of the Plaka this vegetarian restaurant serves good measures of filling tasty food. There is also a good selection of organic wines (the organic retsina is good).Pleasant service in a cool interior the only other customers were locals.

Favorite Dish: Mixed platter of starters and, to finish, the wonderful sour cherries in Greek yoghurt. Main courses moussaka or chilli.

• Architecture
    • Archeology

• andy2003's Profile Photo

EDEN RESTAURANT: Calling all Vegetarians

by andy2003 Written Oct 10, 2002

The restaurant is set in traditional surrounding and has a great selection of food.

Favorite Dish: Has the best freshly squeezed carrot juice in Athens, try finding that in somewhere else in Athens.
    Closed on Tuesdays.

• Eden Restaurant: close as of July 2007

by bradziker1 Written Aug 11, 2007

Mom and heard a lot about them and their web site listed the menu. But when we found the building in Athens in July 2007, it was closed. Other local restaurants said they have been closed for about 6 months - a big disappointment.

• Eden Restaurant: One for you Vegetarians

by WillAntoniou Written Nov 17, 2006
    Eden

You can get "vegetarian" food at most restaurants in Greece, but Eden is specifically organically grown just for vegetarians. I've only been once, so I figured I should make a tip for any vegetarians planning on coming to Athens.

The food is pretty good, good even if you aren't a vegetarian. And the decor is sort of like, 1920's style posters and stuff. It's really a nice experience.

It's also pretty cheap.

Favorite Dish: I've only eaten there once but the dish I had was very good. I had a mushroom pie with whole -weat crust. And actually, I hate mushrooms generally, but I really enjoyed this. And after I felt knowing that what I ate was healthier. lol

• Eden Restuarant, Athens: Eden Restuarant, Athens - closed

by stever143 Written Jan 13, 2010

13 - Jan - 2010. Sadly, they are still closed - and by the look of the building, permanently.

A great shame; I've enjoyed eating there in past years, and there is now not a single veggie restaurant in Athens!

Favorite Dish: Looks like it will have to be brickdust and rainwater!

• Eco-Tourism

• Eden Restaurant: Great Food But Geat There Early

by lscarbeary Updated Aug 27, 2003

My wife and I ate here on our honeymoon. The food we got was good, but this resturaunt is not for non-vegans. Most of the food is vegan/macro-biotic, my wife is vegeratian but she likes "real" food i.e. something more extravagant than stewwed vegetables with brown rice or lentils. There wereo only three items on the menu that were "nomal" food: mousakka a quiche and a mezedes plate. When we got there around 8:30pm(very early for dinner by Greek standards) the were out of the quiche, and had only 1 piece of mousakka left. We went for the mousakka and the mezedes which were fantastic, but I guess the moral is at this restaurant its only the early bird that doesn't eat the "bird food".

Favorite Dish: The vegetarian mousakka was better than many of the meat based ones I have had elsewhere in Greece

• FruitLover's Profile Photo

Eden Restaurant: Vegetarian

by FruitLover Updated Apr 4, 2011

Veg Restaurant

Nice restaurant,
    nothing caught me.
    Authentic Indian veg are better.
    Only real vegetarians can understand.

Instant Answers: Athens