Everest, Athens

• leics's Profile Photo

Everest: Fast food, but decent

by leics Written Apr 12, 2009

Syndagma Everest.

I used the Everest branch in Syndagma and spotted several others dotteed about the city.

They offer sandwiches, salads, 'toasts' (panini rather than toasted sandwiches), cakes and so on.

I found getting served a bit difficult, because it seems you have to pay before you get the food.......and my Greek is not up to explaining exactly what I wanted. The mostly-young and hugely busy staff did speak English, but not all of them spoke a lot of it. I think you also have to pay for drinks and food at separate counters, which also makes things a bit complicated.

However, with a bit of pointing and smiling I got what I wanted. The freshly-squeezed orange juice was lovely, the coffee more than reasonable and the walnut cake in the photo absolutely scrummy.

Very reasonably-priced, obviously extremely popular and a good place for a quick drink/snack. They have tables outside, so you can site down to eat if you want.

• Seniors

• STRATOS79's Profile Photo

Everest: FAST FOOD

by STRATOS79 Written May 18, 2007

Everest has been since 1965 when the first store was opened in Kolonaki.Today there are 71 fast food stores around Athens.The difference with Mc Donald’s and Goody’s is that many people prefer Everest for a quick coffee ,sandwich or pie(spinach, meat cheese etc)

• Everest: Open 24/7

by WillAntoniou Written Jun 16, 2006

Everests' are located all around athens. They are a great place to go in the middle of the night after leaving a club if you get hungry. it's very cheap, open 24/7, and the food comes fast, but it's not bad quality.

Favorite Dish: I would say the best thing to do is to customize your own sandwhich. You can put anything you want on it, and then they put it on an oven and melt everything inside and make it warm. soooooo good!

• Study Abroad

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Everest: Greek Fast Food

by Jmill42 Updated Feb 12, 2006

Holy cow! I am so glad that I discovered Everest. Basically, this plac is the McDonalds of Greece. It has wonderful pastries filled with feta and other local treats that I had never had. I am sure that most people who live in Athens hate the place if I like it, but thats why I am a tourist! This place is cheap, good, and open early and late; everything a hosteler needs.

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Everest Cafeteria: Cheap and good

by JessieLang Written May 27, 2011

The Everest Cafeteria has good, inexpensive food. They have Greek specialties and deli sandwiches.

Favorite Dish: I had a good cheese pie for just 1 euro.

Instant Answers: Athens