Hermion, Athens

• olives

• xaver's Profile Photo

Taverna Hermion: Check the change

by xaver Written Jun 12, 2011

I came to eat here on my first evening. The atmospheare is very nice and quiet, I did not find any group of tourists and was happy of that. Food actually was good and not too expensive.
    I had a cretan salad which was a big peace of bread with tomoato, cheese and oil and some pork souvlaki.
    When I paid I got the wrong change(50 euro were missing) and, when I complained, the waiter just smiled and said: yes sir, sorry.
    The answer was so prompt to make me think he tried to cheat as he did not even check his cash to see if I was lieing. It's a pity because the food was good, but, I did not go back as I felt they tried to fraude.

Favorite Dish: The olive starter with a cream.

olives cretan salad pork souvlaki Tavern mytos
    • Beer Tasting

• OiKnow's Profile Photo

Hermion: Wonderful food in a Quiet Courtyard

by OiKnow Written May 29, 2006

This restaurant is located in an interior courtyard giving it a quiet tranquil setting. The elegant indoor dinning room has huge windows overlooking an interior courtyard that doubles as the restaurant’s outdoor dinning area. The courtyard location makes this restaurant quiet and intimate. The food was excellent and moderately priced. Dinner for four adults with starters, main courses, desert and house wine was just over 100 euros. The service was prompt and attentive. We selected this restaurant to return to a second time with friends.

Favorite Dish: Veal Hermion is a traditional slow cooked veal stew that was tender and flavorful. I also had pasta in a light cream sauce that I am still trying to duplicate at home.

• xaroula's Profile Photo

Hermion: Overpriced

by xaroula Written Mar 18, 2006

The food here is not worth the fancy price. You are paying for a linen tablecloth and stemware, not for better food. The courtyard is quite nice. It's not the "special" kind of place it bills itself as, be warned.

• Almost any taverna downtown: Eat in a Taverna in the Plaka

by GraceH Written Feb 3, 2005

During both my stays in Athens in 2004, I had a chance to visit several "tavernas" in downtown Athens (the Plaka and other surrounding areas) and they were ALL FABULOUS. Choose an outdoor table and enjoy your food as you watch the people walk by.

Favorite Dish: All "tavernas" have vegetarian-friendly food, but if you do it eat, DON'T MISS: the chicken kebabs (marinated and then grilled until they're very tender), which they serve on a large pita bread, and order a Greek salad with a LARGE BLOCK of feta cheese on it (they don't crumble it on top, they lay a large block of feta on it)...I ate feta every day and couldn't get enough of it.

The Greek food was one of the most memorable things from my trips.

Ermeion Tavern, the Plaka, Downtown Athens

• Hermion (Ermeion): Great Food in a Quiet Garden

by trudik Written Aug 16, 2003

This was a great experience. The restaurant is in a garden at the end of a lane off a bustling square in Plaka, meaning you have to look for it - no one grabs at you. We ate in the garden, but the indoor restaurant also looked inviting. The music (live music advertised on weekends) is modern Greek popular music, from what I could tell, very conducive to enjoying dinner and conversation. The staff is helpful and friendly. The menu and specials are very comprehensive and go far beyond the usual suspects, making it extremely difficult to decide what to eat.

Favorite Dish: I had seafood crepes for a starter followed by leg of lamb with potatoes cooked in a ceramic pot. The sauce in the crepes was extremely tasty. The lamb was cooked to perfection, falling off the bone and melting in the mouth. Very good all around.

• Koleno's Profile Photo

Restaurant Hermion

by Koleno Written Aug 24, 2002

Restaurant Hermion
    This is was one of the best Restaurants we have ever been to. The food was outstanding. Hermion is located near the Mitropolis Cathedral in Athens. Located of a small secluded garden off the pedestrian walkway in the Plaka (OLD TOWN)

Instant Answers: Athens