McDonald's, Athens

3.5 out of 5 stars 7 Reviews

• The Mc Donalds in Athens -Syntagma square
    The Mc Donalds in Athens -Syntagma...
    by greekcypriot
  • greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Mc Donalds at Syntagma: I Don't Trust Mc Donalds

by greekcypriot Written Jul 17, 2011

The Mc Donalds in Athens -Syntagma square

I don't recommend it for the burgers for the quality of the meat.
    Twice me and my friends got sick a few minutes after we left the restaurant.
    Of course the burgers seem delicious, but the quality is the worst.
    I would come here just for some coffee or some salad but not to have anything else.

There are seats both inside and outside but there are other similar restaurants in the city if I want to have lunch.

Favorite Dish: Salad and coffee.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Everest Fast Food Restaurants: The Cheapest in the city since last week!

by greekcypriot Updated Jul 17, 2011

The restaurant at Syntagma square

I frequently visit Everest fast food restaurant. Because of the economic crisis in Greece, they have recently decided to lower their prices and now they sell the cheese pies for just One Euro
    Try it, it is much better than the Mc Donalds which is just next to it.

The restaurant has mostly sandwiches, salads, coffee, and soft drinks.
    The quality of snacks is good.

Favorite Dish: I enjoy my walnut cake with a cup of coffee during my shopping when in Athens.
    I also like their fresh orange juice.

• McDonald's: Only bad experience during our Athens trip

by Benny.Giesbers Updated Jul 5, 2006

Me and my girlfriend went to Athens for 5 days during the summer of 2005. Our hotel was located near Syntagma Square, so almost everything was within walking distance. One evening, we wanted to check the local fast food and after walking for hours looking for a Goody's, we decided to try the McDonalds because it has a nice view over Syntagma Square if you go to the 2nd floor.

Don't remember what we had (I think a Greek Mac), but it tasted pretty good. The view was nice and we were entertained by an act on Syntagma Square. Then I suddenly noticed this adolescent trying to steal our bag (containing our new $500 camera). I was just in time to notice it and stop him. Of course he denied everything and quickly ran off. A few hours later, I started feeling sick. It lasted till the evening of the next day. Although my girlfriend was fine, McDonalds was the only "risky" food we had all day. All in all, it was an awesome trip and the local McDonalds was the only (relatively) bad experience during our trip.

Beware of pickpockets and thieves near the McDonalds and Syntagma Square!

• lina112's Profile Photo

McDonald's: No comment

by lina112 Written May 11, 2005

I know how to waste time eating in Mc Donalds when i can enjoying of wonderful greek food.
    It was my last day in Greece and i did not have enough money to eat in a greek restaurant so the only cheap place where to eat is mc donalds.

Favorite Dish: The best of it is i did not eat a hamburguer. I had the club sandwich menu, yes yes eating a sandwinch.

• belgrade03's Profile Photo

McDonald's: International fast food

by belgrade03 Written Jun 12, 2004

Macdonald's

There is a MacDonald's restaurant near Syntagma square, at the corner of the Ermou street. On a fine day, one can seat in the open part of the restaurant overlooking the park at Syntagma square. Food is usual for MacDonald's restaurants: burgers, french fries, coke, ice-cream, fruit pies etc. And the prices are somewhere between Goteborg and Belgrade, for example double cheeseburger meal (with coke and french fries) is about 4 euros.
    Service is fast and very good, cleanliness is on a very high level, I was very satisfied.

• OrlandoBR's Profile Photo

McDonald's: You won't find it at your local McD!

by OrlandoBR Written Feb 24, 2003

You can see me in the reflection

Not that I didn't have authentic Greek food, but this is when we justify our stop at McD saying we got curious to see what different menu items they have abroad. I went there just to take this picture... (lie!!)

Favorite Dish: Greek Mac!

• nicole8's Profile Photo

Mcdonald's

by nicole8 Written Aug 31, 2002

Mcdonald's shall be the last in the restaurant list for anyone to introduce.. but I like the McRoyal burger.. I don't know what they add it's just so delicious.. french fries are in big pocket, also the cola in larger size.. a menu is just too much for me.. besides there is not much admirable local cuisine in Greece, so you don't need to regret not spending money on typical greek food... Talking about food, chinese food is always always my favorite and the best.

Instant Answers: Athens