Olympic Stadium, Athens

• Olympic Stadium
    by lashr1999
  • The OAKA Plaza and Arch adjacent to the Olympic St
    The OAKA Plaza and Arch adjacent to the...
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey
    Velodrome
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Olympic Objects

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Jul 17, 2008

The Olympic 2004 Stadium was officially completed and opened, joined or preceded by the official completion and openings of other venues within the Athens Olympic Sports Complex (OAKA). You may watch the OAKA Plaza and Arch adjacent to the Olympic Stadium and the Velodrome in the late evening at my pics here.

You may watch my 2 min 48 sec VIDEO-clip Greece Athens Part III with popular Greek music.

The OAKA Plaza and Arch adjacent to the Olympic St Velodrome

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

My Olympic stadium story pt2

by lashr1999 Written Oct 15, 2005

I guess the boss saw we were on the back of the truck and he screamed at the workers for letting us on. We got off and kept walking and took some pictures of the Olympic stadium. On our way out we saw the older couple who we earlier told there was no way to get into the main complex. They were headed out disappointed that they had come all that way and could not get a chance to see the main complex. Say what you will being cute does help, especially for Kate and Allie;) On the train, we discussed how we would get back to the airport. We decided to take the train. The train to the airport requires a separate ticket. Kelly and Allie had made up their minds not to buy the ticket. They said if they got caught they would cry and pretend that they do not know what is going on. That would probably work for them. I on the other hand purchased a ticket. I don’t think that defense would work as well for a guy and I didn’t want to see the inside of a Greek prison for a train ticket. I said goodbye to Kate and Allie, their flight was about 2 hours later then mine and they wanted to got to the Acropolis again.

the guys on the truck that let us in the inside of the olympic stadium
    • Study Abroad

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

My Olympic stadium story pt1

by lashr1999 Written Oct 15, 2005

When writing about what happened next all I could think about was the quote. ”For half the population all you have to do is bat your eyelashes or cry.” You will see why in a moment. After saying goodbye to Luke we headed to the Olympic stadium by train. When we got there, there were only a few people there. Allie and Kelly commented on how the complex was not as impressive as the one in Sydney, nor was it well maintained. It looked like it was unfinished or left abandoned in it’s own. It did not look as good as the complex I saw in Barcelona either. We snapped a few shots but found out that the Olympic complex was closed. An older couple asked us if we had found a way in and we had said no. We walked a bit and saw a truck with a couple of maintenance workers come by. Kelly and Allie asked them if there was a way to get inside. They said sure and pulled us on the back of the truck and gave us some bags of chips from the boxes they were hauling. We had no idea where we were headed but we ended up on the other side of the gate.

• Study Abroad

• AEK athens

by nizakafe Written Jul 11, 2005

Visit Olympic stadium and watch a football match too.
    AEK Athens and Panathinaikos will use it as their home for 2005/06 season. In every AEK Athens game last year there was fantastic atmosphere. Best thing to do if you are a sport's fan. Tickets from 15 euro.

Oaka AEK fans

• ncoutroulis's Profile Photo

Olympic Stadium

by ncoutroulis Written Oct 19, 2004

You can't get into the stadium, but it was very cool to walk around and see the venues where the games took place. They really did a great job designing the stadiums, and Olympic Village. you can take the Metro from Syntagma Square, to Irini, and walk around the complex.

Olympic Stadium
    • Adventure Travel

• Saagar's Profile Photo

The Modern Olympic Stadium

by Saagar Written Sep 20, 2004

This opne you find up in Maroussi north of the centre of Athens. A masterpiece of a stadium, it is really worth seeing. Take a look at the other sports and cultural venues around here, too, while you're at it.

• Festivals

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Gold Olympians

by Kodi01 Written Sep 5, 2004

This is Carly Patterson, the 16 year old Gymnast who won the "All around" and she is from Allen, TX.

I went to the celebration for her Sept 4, 2004.

Please see my Allen Texas page in a few days for more pictures.

Carly Patterson
    • Business Travel
    • Theme Park Trips

• nessie-ch's Profile Photo

Visit the Olympic Park

by nessie-ch Written Mar 1, 2005

I was there during the paralympics and was pleased by the impressing stadium of the famous architect Santiago Calatrava and loved as well the park around...

Instant Answers: Athens