Lavrio Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lavrio

• janetanne's Profile Photo

Foros: 'Foros' For Cheap and Cheerful Food

by janetanne Updated Mar 4, 2013

I was taken to this little restaurant on the outskirts of Lavrio and was pleasantly surprised at the good food, the cheap prices and the great service. The owner's son, Ioannis, came and chatted with us and told us many interesting stories about his little taverna and some historical facts about the railroad that used to run in front of his taverna and the mines that once dominated the life in Lavrio.

If you happen to be in Lavrio for the day, take a short drive out to Foros for fresh fish and some excellent red wine! Ioannis gave me a whole bottle to take home with me free!

March 4, 2013

I've returned to this excellent fish taverna twice in the past two weeks, both on Sunday. Last Sunday, we had an amazing huge bowl of spaghetti with huge shrimp and a nice red sauce with mixed sea food. We also had a warm plate of 'fava' which is pureed chickpeas topped with fresh onions, olive oil and lemon...lovely. Next we had six crisply fried fresh fish! Oh pure bliss. This past Sunday we had fried white cod fish and an amazing garlic flavoured mashed potato sauce, preceded by a luscious bowl of fish soup. After each meal, the owners offered us a free bowl of strained Greek yogurt topped with home made sweet Quince. Needless to say, both Sunday meals were sufficient for both lunch and dinner!! I've started my diet today!!!

Favorite Dish: We had a wonderful piece of Feta cheese baked in the oven..what made this special were the finely diced hot peppers sprinkled on the cheese. We also had some Kalamari which were lightly fried as well as some small seasonal fishes called 'Gavros.' The friend potatoes were fried in clean oil and were 'real' potatoes, not the artificial or frozen chips found in many places these days.

Sign for Fish Taverna FOROS Ioannis the Friendly Owner Small train Depot across from Taverna Outside Inside

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Roloi Café Bar: Roloi Café Bar

by mindcrime Written Feb 21, 2013

This a typical in Greece café that offers coffee and soft drinks during the day and turns into a bar during the evening with music from dj etc

We stopped there on our way back from Sounio and it was very relaxing, we had a table near the sea so we could see the colorful fishboats.

There were some light snacks, sandwiches and salads at the menu but we had only iced coffee and some beers.

Roloi-Cafe-Bar

• Irine_29's Profile Photo

the yard: chocolate

by Irine_29 Written Mar 28, 2003

there are 3 thinks I like in Lavrio:
    its palm trees
    its colors
    and "the yard"

Don't miss its drinking chocolate. I love the orange-cinamon flavor, and the almond one.

Instant Answers: Lavrio

Comments

Lavrio Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lavrio restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lavrio sightseeing.