Piraeus Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Piraeus

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Collection Barbeque: Nice intro to Greek cuisine

by rexvaughan Written Mar 30, 2014

Our hotel staff recommended this area around the corner from the hotel and surrounding a small marina which was lined with cafes. We skipped something called “American House Toast,” which is probably good, but the name is weird and we were not interested in American food. We settled on Collection Barbeque in spite of another strange name and were delighted with the seating overlooking the array of boats moored on the water.

Favorite Dish: It being our first real meal on our first trip to Greece, we had to start with an Ouzo. Not bad, but not going to the top of my favorite drinks list, either. I am sure I could develop a taste if I was in Greece long enough. We started by sharing a plate of fried tomato balls with a yogurt sauce. I had a chicken souvlaki, bits of chicken wrapped in bacon with yogurt sauce again as well as mustard. My wife had a chicken rissotto. All our food was very good so a most pleasant introduction to Greece.

• Photography

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Up Down Reloaded: Up Down Reloaded

by mindcrime Written Feb 19, 2013

This is one of the numerous café next to the marina. Although on the expensive side it’s great to visit it due to its location next to the boats that lie peacefully on this small port (Mikrolimano means small port in greek).

We took some friends from Turkey there on a sunny Sunday morning when they asked us where the Athenians go for coffee when they want to be near the sea and this is one of the options.
    We had iced coffee with ice cream (5euro) and fresh orange juice (5euro), there are light snacks, sandwiches and salads for those who feel hungry.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Theatro café: Theatro café

by mindcrime Written Feb 19, 2013

This nice café is located at a central square of Pireaus on a building that dates back from 1932! It has several levels with people coming here for coffee break.
    The interior seems luxurious with nice decoration full of paintings and drawings. There weren’t many people inside so the service was quick.

We had an ice crean and a hot chocolate (that was served with a small piece of cake). We noticed a long range of desserts but we didn’t try any.

There’s free wi-fi.

It is open from 7.00am to 1 o clock after midnight

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

Pantos Kerou: Excellent meze

by hydronetta Updated Oct 30, 2006

Most tourists just bypass Piraeus as they are heading from Athens centre to the port to pick up the boats to the islands. Well if you have the time and you feel hungry enough, just ignore the various fast food options near to the port and allow yourself a better joy for your palate.
    Few minutes walk from the port (depending where your boat sails from), at the very centre of Piraeus, just next to Municipal Theater in a pedestrian street you'll find this newcomer in the dining scene of Piraeus. The sign is in greek script only so you need to ask. So as you can imagine it's a non tourist trap but mainly for locals wishing good food.
    I tried it as I got good recommendations from my sister and a friend. Indeed there is a large variety of meze (starters) and mains as well, but I would highly advice you to stick on meze only in order to enjoy several tastes. Excellent greek cuisine, well cooked food. There is option to have meal outside if the weather is fine. My spanish friends were very happy about their culinary experience there (if you add that prices were affordable, 54euros for 4 people)
    Luckily the menu is in english as well!

Favorite Dish: Any meze was great, but I advice you to go for :"Kalogeros", "Fava", "Chiotiki" turkey, Sarmadakia

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Filoxenia: Lovely Old Guy, Just Don't Eat Here!

by johngayton Written Aug 15, 2006

OK For A Beer

This place is great to stop and have a beer, situated on the main block of ferry offices on the square in the dock. I had dropped into Piraeus the evening before leaving for the Islands to check out what looked like the best place to buy my ferry tickets and had stopped here for a quick beer and found the service friendly with a mix of travellers and dock workers and of course the inevitable "Looky-Looky" guys. Arriving the following day to buy my tickets for that evening's boat I stopped again for a beer and was greeted by the owner like some long lost son as he insisted on showing me the menu. Anyway, tickets bought, I thought I'd give it a shot for lunch and had the day's special - chicken in some sort of sauce, stuffed pepper and roasted aubergine. I don't think I've ever been subjected to so much grease in all my life, I don't mind a bit of oil, so long as it's good oil, but this was YUK, greasy tasteless stodge and at about 11 euros including the bread (which was OK) didn't even have the redeeming feature of being cheap!

Favorite Dish: Alpha Beer - 2.50 per large bottle!!

• Beer Tasting
    • Sailing and Boating

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Waterfront Seafood Restaurants: In Search Of Fish on a Sunday!

by johngayton Written Aug 15, 2006

Somewhere Here!

We had been destined for a small fish restaurant called Margaro's located in the city proper, but it being Sunday night we found it closed and so hailed a taxi back down to the waterfront, to what I assume is the Leoforos Poseidonos, to search out a fish restaurant there.

Here we found a trio of very similar seafood tavernas with terraces facing onto the main road overlooking the night-time bay, chose one at random, and sat and had a pleasant late dinner watching the guys from the restaurants touting for business on a quiet Sunday - even to the extent of throwing themselves in front of passing cars!!

Favorite Dish: Between us we just ate simply - sardines, prawns in tomato sauce topped with cheese, bread and salad and of course the obligatory beer (or two ). With a bill around the 20 euro mark this was just the job!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beer Tasting

• ISTIOPLOIKOS: Classic choice but...

by MariaK Updated Jul 20, 2006

Pic from the website

I have brought friends and colleagues here to impress them and give them a luxurious dinner with the waiters serving you the best way, everything being classy and the cuisine gourmet. And probably I will do it again because this is an impressive place to dine.

But:
    *Your table might be EXACTLY beside the water, but the water of the marina does not look or smell good on a summer night. Floating plastic bottles is not my best - so ask for a table NOT exactly near the water.

*The portions are "invisible" in some cases.

*The prices used to be much more "logical" some years ago - I considered the cost of my last visit bigger than I would think it was worth.

Favorite Dish: Good seafood.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Piraeus

Comments

Piraeus Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Piraeus restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Piraeus sightseeing.