Olympia Restaurants

Souvlaki
    by cpiers47
    Olympia - the town - is delightful!
    by cpiers47
  • Olympia - Ouzo bottle is still half full!
    Olympia - Ouzo bottle is still half...
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Most Recent Restaurants in Olympia

Top's: Greak Snacks

by cpiers47 Written Apr 23, 2009

This is a nice outdoor cafe that is less formal with a slightly more limited menu than Aiyaio next door. The service is also faster, so this is a great option if you're in a hurry.

Favorite Dish: Both the pizzas and sandwiches were great. The outdoor tables make this a nice spot for a Mythos as well!

Aiyaio: Great option!

by cpiers47 Written Apr 23, 2009

Souvlaki

We were happy to find this restaurant open during the middle of the afternoon. Our group split between Aiyaio and Top's next door. The pizza at Aiyaio was amazing, but we hung in there for the souvlaki. One warning is that it takes a bit to grill the meet. Make sure that you have time to enjoy the outdoor tables and the atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: The souvlaki was amazing. Absolutely amazing. Seriously. Just looking at the picture makes me hungry.

• NIKANDROS's Profile Photo

BARBA FOTIS: Go at your own risk

by NIKANDROS Written Apr 13, 2009

This is a small tavern in a small "hotel" called "Hermes" in ancient Olympia.
    The food is ok, and the prices low but the portions are small the wine is pure vinegar and the behaviour of the son of "Barba Fotis" (meaning "Old Fotis"), very rude.
    He attacked me shouting and calliing me "unacceptable" because I deared to complaint about the very small portions... He even closed the kitchen and said no more serving GO!
    I am really ashame to say that I am of the same nationality with such - the least to say -unproffesional guys, but I want to speak out and say "no we can not accept this kind of attitude, oblige them to change or get out of business".

• School Holidays

• cpiers47's Profile Photo

Snack Bar Bazil: A Little Cafe'

by cpiers47 Written Mar 29, 2009

Olympia - the town - is delightful!

I was traveling with a group of my students and found that this little cafe' was open despite it being the late afternoon. For lunch, they served sandwiches, but not enough to feed a group of our size. The owner kindly recommended other restaurants down the street, but we returned - as promised - for ice cream after our lunch.

Favorite Dish: The pistachio ice cream was magnificent! It was inexpensive and the cafe had a few tables - if we'd had more time, it would have been a nice place to sit and enjoy the town.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Inomaos: Ouzo

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Apr 14, 2008

Olympia - Ouzo bottle is still half full!

Ouzo is an anise-flavored liqueur that is widely consumed in Greece (in Russia we call it “Anisovka”). The origin of the name "ouzo" is disputed. According to anecdote, this designation came to stand for "superior quality", which the spirit distilled as ouzo was thought to possess.

Ouzo yeast is then usually mixed with 96 percent pure ethyl alcohol, and finally sugar may be added and the mix is diluted with water, usually around 40 percent ABV.

We have tasted Ouzo in the restaurant of the Inomaos Hotel. This bottle was empty after enjoyable supper! But you may see our Ouzo bottle being still half full on my photo!

Learn more about Ouzo greecefoods.com

• ...: Olympia Restaurants

by grkboiler Written Dec 8, 2004

Most restaurants in Olympia are off the main road of Kondili. Many of them are not very good, a bit overpriced, and take advantage of the many tourists that pass through.

My advice - the smaller the better. The bigger ones are geared towards filling up with as many people as possible and care more about quantity than quality.

Instant Answers: Olympia

Comments

Olympia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Olympia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Olympia sightseeing.