Delphi What to Pack

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Buklet of the Delphi Museum and Sanctuary

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated May 20, 2008

Buklet of the Delphi Museum and Sanctuary

Miscellaneous: You know how useful it can be when you already have a map of the site which you are exploring. When I was getting ready to this trip and searched a map of Delphi in INet I failed. How glad I was when I found a map in a booklet which I happened to take in the Delphi Archeological Museum.
    So I advise to visit the Museum first, take a map and then go to the Sanctuary.

You may watch the booklet with maps of the Sanctuary and Museum at my first, second and third pics here.
    You may see visit cards of the hotel and taverna with a map of Modern Delphi at my forth and fifth pics below.

• Aleyd's Profile Photo

Surviving Delphi

by Aleyd Updated Dec 19, 2005

Luggage and bags: I took my small back pack everywhere I went so I could carry all of the items listed below.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: The day I arrived in Delphi it was pouring rain, so I was lucky I had packed a good rain jacket. The stairs and paths can be exceedingly slippery when it's wet, so a pair of sturdy shoes with good grip is a must.

The second day it was very warm, so my hat and sunscreen came in handy.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: The modern town of Delphi has a number of supermarkets that sell toiletries and basic medical supplies. Most of them were closed on Sunday.

Photo Equipment: Take lots of film (or memory chips) and batteries.

Miscellaneous: Delphi is quite a large and sloping site, so I always had plenty of water with me, as well as my sturdy walking shoes.

• Archeology

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Packing List

by SirRichard Written Sep 19, 2002

Luggage and bags: MORE INFO
    The Greece Ministry of Culture has a very nice and complete page about Delphi, as well as other interesting greek highlights:
    Ministry of Culture

Instant Answers: Delphi

Comments

Delphi What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Delphi what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Delphi sightseeing.