Delphi Tourist Traps

• TheView's Profile Photo

Castalia Spring

by TheView Updated Aug 21, 2008

Photo by Sinequanon

Between the lower and upper site you find the Castalia Spring tucked into a ravine to the right of the road. In the ancient times The Pythia would bath in the springs as part of the purification befor she would enter the Temple and so did all other visitors purified themselves here before entering the sanctuary. There are still the remains of a Roman fountain house to be seen els just drink the water as it is said that if you drink of the waters of the Castalia Spring, you would return to Greece. A tourist trap ...but what a nice one and I tell you the water was real good to!

And yes it works I was back next year for the euromeet2007 and it will not be the last time!

• Breen's Profile Photo

The Small Towns Outside Delphi!

by Breen Written Jun 16, 2004

There are a few towns outside of Delphi that many tour buses stop at to pick up souvenirs, be warned the people living here make their livelyhood off these tour buses. I got stuck in a shop with a woman who was desperate to sell me a chess set I took a short glance at. Long story short, I still have the chess set somewhere, she wouldn't let me leave until I bought it. Wasn't expensive, but still, I've never had someone that in my face about buying something then that day.

Fun Alternatives: Keep saying no if your not interested in something no matter how much they drop the price, you can sometimes get a good deal this way but if you really don't want it they will have to let you leave!

Instant Answers: Delphi

Comments

Delphi Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Delphi tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Delphi sightseeing.