Zorbas Taverna (Gouves), Prefecture of Heraklion

Zorbas
    by Balam
  • Zorbas Taverna (Gouves)
    Wild Goat Stu
  • Balam's Profile Photo

Zorbas Taverna (Gouves): Looked Like a Good place (Gouves)

by Balam Written Feb 3, 2009

Zorbas

This is one of the large Tavernas on the sea road at Gouves, It is a spacious restaurant with a large area at the rear set aside as a bar and swimming pool area. On the other side of the road there is another large seating area for the Restaurant which goes out over the sea. We both ordered Mussels Saganaki for starter's and I ordered Wild Goat cooked with Tomatoes as a main course and my son ordered Gyiuvetsi.
    The mussels Saganaki was nice and was quite filling, a pause between that and the main course would have been nice but I had only just finished eating mine and my son was still eating his when the main course was brought.
    The wild goat with tomatoes was nice certainly a lot better than it looks on the photo though there was a little too much salt in the Gyiuvetsi. After finishing our main course the bill was brought without us asking for it and without us being asked (or having the opportunity to ask) if we would like a sweet or another drink, something I have never come across before in even the worst restaurant, Certainly never in a restaurant in Greece.

I can only hope that this may have been a one off but needless to say we did not go back to find out.

Instant Answers: Prefecture of Heraklion

Comments

View all Prefecture of Heraklion hotels