Corfu Island Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Corfu Island

• apekovic's Profile Photo

by apekovic Written Jan 10, 2008

Aghios Gordios beach, Corfu

Favorite thing: One of the most beautiful places at Corfu Island is absolutelu Agios Gordios on the west coast aprox. 17 km from the city of Corfu. This place is realy amazing.

Fondest memory: Advantages of Aghios Gordios: 1) Landscape; 2) Nature and forest; 3) Air; 4) Golden sandy beach; 5) clearness and color of the sea; 6) Fantastic village ambience. I think it's enough.

• Beaches

• A day out in Corfu Town

by michellebaker Written Sep 12, 2007

Favorite thing: We stopped at Corfu Town from a cruise ship and we had the most fabulous day.

If you want amazing fabulous shopping, and an all round fantastic day then you will love Corfu town.

The atmosphere within the walled town is lovely, everyone is warm and friendly - they love you going into their shops, but don't hassle you if you don't buy anything.

I bought lovely summer dresses, a hand knitted shawl, a long chain for a pendant and lots of other things. Leather goods are good and the items are generally well made and inexpensive. You pay similar prices to at home, but for items that you would not find at home. We had a lovely meal, one course, several soft drinks for two people at 20 Euros and it was one of the best meals I've had!

You will really enjoy Corfu town, but it is not a place for the less mobile - lots and lots of steps.

• Cruise

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Hellenic Lager

by Jerelis Updated Aug 22, 2007
    Hellenic Lager

Favorite thing: Let’s make no secret of it. We both like a nice cold glass of beer. Being abroad is always a challenge to find a beer we like, which reflects our taste of having a beer. At Corfu (maybe the entire country of Greece) it was sometimes rather difficult. We found out that there are quite some local beers, only known in that particular area. But anyway, we kind of liked the Hellenic Lager.

This 5% abv beer is brewed in Greece by the Heineken-owned Athenian Brewery and was relaunched in its home country just three years ago. The beer has received positive feedback, because it is not a bad lager at all, much better than most 'mass' produced lagers in the world. Its has a good head, but retention is low... The aroma is of crisp dew grass and light skunky hops. It tasted refreshing with a touch of crispness. It had some muddled flavours, so it's a bit of average stuff. But good enough to drink it cold in the hot sun!

• Beer Tasting

• cyprus4holidays's Profile Photo

Mama's Restaurant, Sidari

by cyprus4holidays Written Feb 11, 2007

Favorite thing: This was our favourite place to eat - for our evening meal & our breakfast. It was the best value for money restaurant and we visited it time and again.

The Chicken Carbonara is to die for and the lager glasses are kept in the deep freeze. Perfect for a nice cold beer :-)

Fondest memory: Our trip to Paleokastritsa by jeep, in the pouring rain. It was raining so hard we couldn't see where we were going.

All of a sudden, the sky cleared and we were in the most perfect place to look down on a gorgeous resort, consisting of 3 bays with golden sand and azure sea. Perfect!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

A great island to be ... !

by Jerelis Updated Nov 12, 2004

Relinde and Iris at the Spianada, Corfu Town.

Favorite thing: When we planned our trip for the spring of 2003, we had a few things to consider! Iris Our little daughter Iris was almost 2 years old. Of course we wanted a place to visit for our own enjoyement, but needed something for Iris as well, so what to do?

We took in mind that we didn't want it to be too hot in May and June and we wanted lot's of cultural places to visit. Besides that a few days at the beach just for Iris (and ourselves) and some leasure at the apartment as well.

We ended up in Corfu and as you will continue reading this Corfu page, you will see that we were definately not sorry for it.

Corfu is a great island! We have travelled a lot all over the world. Corfu is definately one of the favorite destinations. Although we must admid that 17 days at this island was more than enough!

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Karaoke Virgin

by DUNK67 Updated Nov 9, 2004

Favorite thing: I`m not too sure if I can call it my favourite thing but singing karaoke for the first time.

Fondest memory: Because my friends didn't like getting up until midnight I went out on my own for a couple of hours to the nearest bar which was called the Stonehouse. Now me not exactly being the best singer in the world always shyed away from karaoke, this time however I had drunk too many bottles of guinness and was soon dragged upto sing by ex Aston Villa footballer Nigel Callagan. The song i sang was Daydream Believer by The Monkees, it was probably the worst rendition ever sung. That didn't stop me though as I sang most nights in various other bars after that.

• ginaszoo's Profile Photo

Brilliant for families

by ginaszoo Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: We had a fabulous holiday in Sidari, October 2001. It was my Mum and my children's first time abroad. We had the best time.

There was something for all of us. Places to walk to, trips out, places to eat and the people were so friendly.

The beaches were gently shelved so they were suitable for even the youngest of children. The sea was warm and the bays were virtually deserted. There were rocks suitable for romping across.

It was just beautiful. I cannot speak high enough of the place.

Fondest memory: I feel that the most beautiful place on earth is Paleocastristra. I had visited years ago, (before I had children), and I can say with all honesty that I wasn't disappointed on my return. We sailed around the small bays, with a wonderful man, who sang inbetween telling us of the local folk laws!

We ate locally caught fish for lunch in a small taverna with Greek music playing softly in the background, after this we boarded our bus and went to Bellavista, although I am not too keen on heights the view is spectacular. Anyone visting Corfu can't go home without seeing this wonderful place.
    A Great Creator got this right!

• Spa and Resort

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Shopping in Corfu

by seagoingJLW Written Oct 4, 2002

shopping

Favorite thing: the shopping here is phenominal. There are excellent prices on gold jewelry among other things. The shopping is so good that I had to put it under the general tips.

Fondest memory: Here you can see me heading for one of the stores while Irwin is talking to a friend.

Instant Answers: Corfu Island

Comments

Corfu Island Favorites

Reviews and photos of Corfu Island favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Corfu Island sightseeing.