Parga Restaurants

Parga at nightfall; Ostria below.
    by Saagar
  • Among the better places on the sea front.
    Among the better places on the sea...
    Sea front Parga

Most Recent Restaurants in Parga

• gwendar's Profile Photo

PERIVOLI: A GREAT RESTAURANT IN PARGA

by gwendar Written Jan 11, 2013

TAVERNA PERIVOLI

THIS IS A RESTAURANT IN THE QUITE OUTSKIRTS OF PARGA,IT HAS AN OPEN DINEING AREA,AND SOME COVERED.
    THE AMBIENCE IS QUITE AND RELAXED,THE FOOD HERE IS VERY GOOD, AND I FOUND THAT THE OWNERS WERE ONLY TO PLEASED TO BE OF SERVICE,AND AFTER 3 OR 4 VISITS THEY ASKED IF I WAS TO DINE THE NEXT NIGHT THIS I DID ON A FEW MORE EVENINGS AND FOUND THAT THERE WAS ALWAYS TABLE WAITING EVEN WHEN FULL.

Favorite Dish: IN THE MANY VISITS I TRIED QUITE A FEW DISHES,TWO THAT STAND OUT ARE THE VEAL STEW AND THE STIFARDO.

• Wine Tasting

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Ostria: For Mezes: "Ostria"

by Saagar Written Oct 31, 2011
    Parga at nightfall; Ostria below.

Traditional Greek food may go beyond souvlaki, and you'll find the dishes you'd be wanting at Ostria. They have food for those who cannot decide - Mezes, the Greek answer to Spanish Tapas. Small tidbits of traditional foods that seem to be pouring onto your table. good stuff, good with drinks, the newspaper, and in the end you do not have to decide from the meu as you may be filled up! Recommended!

Flisvos Restaurant: Flisvos: Good eatery, good vies, mood, service

by Saagar Written Oct 12, 2011

Good Greek food served fresh off the stove.
    Overlooking the Valtos Beach from the ridge above Parga. Not a good place for people with vertigo!
    A stayer, a long-time running restaurant that has survived since 1932.
    Open kitchen, you can see their cooking going on.
    A corner of the outside restaurant deck is set aside for a kids' playground.

Favorite Dish: Had a variety of dishes, grilled seafood remains my favourite here as well. Good salads, ample portions.

Zorbas Restaurant: Zorbas on the Parga sea front

by Saagar Updated Oct 12, 2011
    Zorbas, lower centre of the photo.

Good, Greek food, impeccable service, straight advice on what food to choose.
    Zorbas piped music probably around the clock. The cost was reasonable. I noticed locals hung around this place and taking tables and enjoying. Must be something good with this place, then... Yes, I'll go here again.

Favorite Dish: Mixed seafood grill.

several: Harbourside tavernas - update 2011

by Saagar Updated Oct 12, 2011

Sea front Parga

The harbourside tavernas at Parga is where it all happens. Or rather, nothing happens and everybody is veeeery relaxed and content. After a day on the beach, most people scramble back here and cling onto an Amstel or Heinken - or the advanced ones the Boutari and wait for an excuse to order snacks and a good dinner.

UPDATE 2011:
    The number of restaurants have gone up, the choice of cuisines have multiplied, the crowds are there now, and it is considerable less relaxed since last time. And Greek self-confidence is manifested in Mythos beer that is now available all over - a big draught, please! However, the souvlaki remains good along with all the other hard-core Greek menu items. I expect all the people running and staffing the restaurants, ice cream shops and what not may not be locals anymore. But, I did notice some stayers, the family-run enterprises on top of the ridge, noticeably.

Favorite Dish: Typical taverna food, but since many visitors to Parga come from Italy, there is a healthy dash of Italian dishes and emphasis also.
    2011: Add Thai, Mexican, Chinese, eclectic sea food, burgers, good gyros. Add the Cycladic-looking bars and upmarket night clubs, and fashionable upmarket restaurants with a closed front and a slightly Gothic feel to them. I am not unhappy about the way these things have developed. Parga still looks like the charming Parga I visited in 1993.

• Wine Tasting

Venezia Pizzeria: Venezia Pizzeria - and all manners of Greek food

by Saagar Written Oct 7, 2011

A good place to eat with kids, the service was very good, the mood was good and children were paid much attention to. The pizza was perhaps not as the italinas want it, but for less discerning custormers - like children! - this was a perfect place. I had a seafood spagetthi, and that was excellent.

Favorite Dish: Got to be the seafood spaghetti. A splurge on spaghetti lobster would have been nice, too. costly!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Flisvos: Dinner with a View

by sandysmith Updated Apr 4, 2011

We had dinner here on our first night in Parga and were not disappointed. Tasty food, reasonable prices, good view and friendly service.

Favorite Dish: We had shared stater of stuffed vine leaves (warm) and spinach and cheese pies, served with toasted bread and garlic butter followed by pork metaxa (very delicious) and a mixed grill, served with rice and chips. Cost with water and wine was 34 euros.

• Tracyden's Profile Photo

Yannis Taverna: Great value and friendly

by Tracyden Written Jan 30, 2011

Our second favourite restaurant in Parga. We enjoyed every meal here - especially the traditional greek meals - big beans etc. The restaurant is right next to Parga camp site and you can see the campers feet popping out of the tents. Maybe it's location encourages this place to be reasonable priced as restaurants in the harbour are much more expensive.

• Tracyden's Profile Photo

Dokos Taverna: A very friendly family taverna

by Tracyden Written Jan 30, 2011

The family who run this taverna make this place really special. The food is consistantly good and the service always great. We visited this taverna a few times on our first holiday - if you let them know if advance that you are coming they will cook up your favourite dish. we don't eat meat and Donato made us stuffed courgette flowers picked from his garden - delish.
    The Dokos special was also a favourite - feta cheese spiced and baked in the oven. Another time we were offered a meal from family's pot (off menu) - traditional greek potatoes and peas - yum.

Donato even came to wave us off on our coach when we left. We visited this taverna every time we get a chance - even getting a boat accross when we stay in Paxos.

Favorite Dish: Dokos special - spicy and nice

Stefanos Taverna: Check out Mr. Lobster and enjoy the hospitality

by Lomma Written Jul 27, 2010

Stefanos is both a great man of Parga as well as his fantastic fish taverna with the fantastic view over Valtos beach and Anthoussa. The sunset is fantastic from this Taverna.
    At Stefanos, Stefano will fish all the fish for your meal and he get some great catches from the local area.
    I enjoyed fresh fished lobster two times this year, and houseband some other local fish. It was all great.
    The best is though the atmosphere, the service and to know Stefano, who is quite genuim.

Favorite Dish: No doubt. The Lobster

Parga Beach Hotel restaurant: Back to normal - please enjoy

by Lomma Updated Jul 25, 2010

The view from the restaurant

Parga Beach has again become a better place to be this year. Still cose sofa's and stuff, but the image is back to where it should belong I think.
    Good place to just have a couple of beers.
    They have a good Restaurant also, which serve good food.
    The crew, not so hip this year, but much friendlier plus all the "oldies" that still goes strong there - I am happy to go there again.

Favorite Dish: Try the restaurant - good food.

This year we always got a big bowl of nuts/snacks for each beer. That was great.

Captains: Baked potato

by Lomma Written Jul 25, 2010

Captain's has been at Valtos since we started to go there, but only the last few year have we entered the restaurant. I think it is because everything is in the shadow, and I prefer being in the sun.

Captain's serves very, very good food, and is the only place, I think, that has got baked potato on the meny. All home made and fresh. Had some lovely lunches there this year.
    Best tortelini I have tasted in years. Service very good, and only place in Parga with antiback dispencer at the toilet and all automatic inside the wc.

Try it!

Favorite Dish: Our youngest had tortelini's and they were faboulous. I had stuffed tomatoes and Mousaka which was very good, and my houseband went for the baked potato stuffed with bacon and sauce. Also very good.

Yacht Club, Valtos: Feels good

by Lomma Written Jul 25, 2010

Yacht Club is one of the places we have been the most over the 15 years in Parga. We always like to go there for lunch. The meny is quite normal, they have a reasonable lunch meny and the food is good.
    The service is exellent and we feel that the guys working there always appreciate us coming back.

Favorite Dish: Greek salad

Maestro: New restaurant in Town

by Lomma Written Jul 25, 2010

A new restaurant in Parga opened this year. Run by a Norwegian woman.

We tried it and was positively surprised. Nice meny, nice food, good service, nice view.

Try it!

Favorite Dish: I had cooked chicken in lemon which was good, and I think everything there was good.
    Big meny so you should see what you like yourself.

Barbanassis: This tip is no longer valid. Restaurant has closed

by Lomma Updated Jul 25, 2010

Barbanassis is now the only genuin Valtos taverna left.
    They serve very good home made food, and have now also managed to get draft beer.
    Service this year was very good, due to some nice young service minded girls from Check Republic.

I suggest you go for a visit and see for yourself.

Favorite Dish: Carbonara, Gyros, Omelets - try more everything looks good

Instant Answers: Parga

Comments

Parga Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Parga restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parga sightseeing.