Parga Sports & Outdoors

• Lomma's Profile Photo

Walking the hills!!!

by Lomma Written Aug 1, 2006

Power Walking!!!

You can do some heavy power walking rounds in the surroundings of Parga.

All you need is a good pair of shoes.

Also wise to may be have a map and a slight interest in the distances that you are walking.

We walked all the way up to the Ali Pasha Castle - about 6 km from our hotel, hah, that is not very long, no agree, but tough enough!

Equipment: Good shoes, proper outfit

• Lomma's Profile Photo

Biking

by Lomma Updated Aug 1, 2006

This year I did it - I rented a bike for 2 weeks. I have been biking quite hard (so I thought) for about a year now, and was really ready to hit the roads around Parga.

Let me just tell you one thing: There is no easy way out of Parga!!! (only back). It is quite hilly and the heat makes it even harder. The traffic, can be a drag at some time and you have to be careful. However I had about 7-8 trips around in the area, of which was extremely hard for me one way and not so hard back.

The scenery around Parga is fantastic and one perfect way to see the surroundings must be on a bike.

Rent a Bike shops has become more easy to find. Make sure you get a good mountain bike and remember to bring your helmet.

Equipment: Bike helmet is a smart thing to bring.

Get a good mountain bike with good gear and preferably a new one.

Instant Answers: Parga

Comments

Parga Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Parga sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parga sightseeing.