Samos Shopping

by mazzap

Most Recent Shopping in Samos

• Chrysotheque Design Jewellery: Gem of a jewellery shop

by lizziep Updated Mar 29, 2007

I found a charming little store in Pythagorio off the main street, opposite the bakery. The owners were very nice and by the end of our vacation, very familiar... I couldn't walk past without going in and seeing their beautiful jewellery and have a chat. They have a really unique collection of hand made peices which I learnt were from Greece, Europe and abroad. The owners are Australian and Greek. I ended up buying a few peices as I couldn't resist and wear them at home with the fondest memories of our trip to samos. I really recommend you visiting the store as it really stands out from the rest of the more touristic jewellery stores. It's really nicely decorated - all white.
    The name is Chrysotheque.

What to buy: I bought a gorgeous large necklace in white bone and leather. It is amazing and everytime I wear it, I get compliments.
    I also bought a black onyx necklace which is stunning - I couldnt resist a second peice.
    They have lovely gifts too - I ended up being able to buy unique gifts very reasonably priced and they wrapped them so beautifully in colourful boxes and ribbons.

What to pay: depends on the peices. My indulgences were around EUR 300-400 but unique one of a kind peices. i think they look more expensive.
    The gifts run from EUR15-40

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• mazzap's Profile Photo

Poppis Art: Local Greek Crafts

by mazzap Updated Oct 8, 2006

A great gift shop which can be found in the centre of the island at the small village of Pyrgos!

We ate in the restaurant next door (see my tip on Taverna Stamna) & this was a conveniently placed shop for browsing inbetween courses!

What to buy: Full of inexpensive ceramics, rugs, locally produced honey, postcards & a huge array of touristy gifts.

What to pay: Reasonable prices for the work involved in each piece.

• Yank_o's Profile Photo

The Winery's Outlet: Samos Wine

by Yank_o Written Aug 10, 2005

The shop itself is an average supermarket but it happens to sell all types of locally-produced wines and spirits.

What to buy: The best known Samos wine is the sweet one (usual labels "Doux", "Nectar" etc.) but you should also try the table wines such as "Sec" (my favourite), "Samena", "Selana", "Fokianos" and the retsina. They also produce good old ouzo.

What to pay: No price can be high enough!

Instant Answers: Samos

Comments

Samos Shopping

Reviews and photos of Samos shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Samos sightseeing.