An anti- pollution technological way of transportation around the city. It is a friendly art of environmental preservation. Not only this is a good factor but also a relaxing and romantic way of sightseeing tour by a horse drawn carriage by the sea. I enjoyed it!
You can take bus frm the airport it leaves evry 30 min and take about 30 min to the city centre.
Ticket price is 0,80 euros cent from the counter
onbboard you pay 0.90
bus line 78.just exit the airport on your left hand you can not miss it.
do not foget to stamp the ticket when you get in the bus.
From abroad you should come by plane. Look at http://www.olympic-airways.gr/, http://users.otenet.gr/~cpnchris/skga.html, http://users.otenet.gr/~cpnchris/skgd.html.
If you come from Greece, you can take the train or the bus. Try http://www.ose.gr/ and http://www.ktel.org/.
Take the buses of the OASTH (http://www.oasth.gr/) to get around.
Photo: Bus of the OASTH in front of the White Tower.
You can get there by plane, car, train and ship.
On buses. There are buses that go anywhere in town. The full ticket costs 0.44 Euros. Student tickets cost 0.23 Euros. You can take a taxi / camp if you're hurry.
- Avion depuis la plupart des grandes villes européennes (charters aussi).
- Train, depuis l'Italie, bateau Brindisi-Patras, Athènes, Thessalonqiue (pas de grand réseau en Grèce)ou aventure via la Hongrie, Roumanie et Bulgarie (Yougoslavie impossible à cause des troubles en Macédoine ex-yougoslave)
- Bateau: Le Pirée- Thessalonique ou depuis certaines îles.
- Bus, le moyen le plus utilisé par les grecs pour voyager en Grèce. Le plus sûr, et à l'heure.
- En voiture par l'Italie (ferry Venise, Ancône, Brindisi- Igoumenitsa, Corfou et Patras).
Macedonia airport is Thessaloniki's international flight airport 20 minutes drive from downtown...
Thessaloniki port is the second biggest in the Balkans. You can travel by boat from here to most of the greek islands.
don't be afraid to use taxi's although some taxi drivers are really rude! It's cheap!!! unfortunately there's no subway in the city...
The best way to go is by plane. If that isn't possible, go by train. If you want to use the bus,you will get there a little later but at any time you want.
Rent a car or moped.you won't get lost on your own. It's so easy to move around.If you rent a car though, you will have trouble parking.