• Hagia Sophia, popular hangout for beggars
    Hagia Sophia, popular hangout for...
    by briantravelman
    Taxi in Greece
    by csordila
  • Warnings and Dangers
    by denise16

• Safety

Thessaloniki Warnings and Dangers

Beware of pickpockets on public bus from city center to airport. The game of the team of three I encountered was for two to stop in front of me as I was trying to board the bus with suitcases while the third tried to take advantage of my frustration to lift my wallet. It didn't work, but it could have.

• Taxis

Thessaloniki Warnings and Dangers

As you know it, Greek honesty is beyond question, but it is not applicable sometimes, primarily if you take a taxi. You may not to be persuaded of the honesty of drivers, but it seems, as if something would happen with the honest Greeks when they drive taxi. Unfortunately, only few of the drivers will charge you with the real fee, or driving in...

• It gets very hot

I know I'm stating the obvious but it does get very hot in Greece. We were there the 2nd week of June and it was 35* most days and getting hotter. You need high factor sun lotion, head protection and be aware how quickly you can burn.

• Wear water shoes on beach

Although the beach is very nice & safe, with crystal clear sea there are some sea urchins around at the shoreline. These will irritate the skin if you stand on one & get the spines in your foot. The best way to treat is to keep damp, cover up and the spines will work out; don't try & pull them out.Having said that I didn't where protection on my...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Prefecture of Thessaloniki? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Have you been to Prefecture of Thessaloniki? Write about Prefecture of Thessaloniki to help travelers.

Prefecture of Thessaloniki Hotels

1 Review - 6 Photos
Pyrgos Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Prefecture of Thessaloniki

Comments

Prefecture of Thessaloniki Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Prefecture of Thessaloniki warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Prefecture of Thessaloniki sightseeing.
Map of Prefecture of Thessaloniki