Meteora Restaurants

Kalambaka - Kaikis Restorant

Most Recent Restaurants in Meteora

• Ta Hasia: The best meat I have ever eaten

by Mark349 Written May 10, 2009

It was one special experience. The best meat I have ever eaten.
    They have large portions. The food and the salads were delicious.
    The prices were good.
    It is locate at mayor square and it has excellent view of Meteora.
    I think you must go there.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Kaikis Restorant: Pleasant supper after visiting Meteora

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Jun 10, 2008

Kalambaka - Kaikis Restorant

We booked our hotel at the half-pension. So we had our supper included in the price of staying. We enjoyed meal in the restaurant of the hotel (1st-3rd photos).

After the evening walk I dropped in the Hollywood Cafe to have a cup of tea and it seemed to me very pleasant as well (4th photo).

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Palazzo Restaurant: Pleasant stay for a dinner with a group

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Jun 9, 2008

Kalambaka - Palazzo Restaurant

We stayed for a dinner in the Palazzo Restaurant which was situated in the suburb of Kalambaka. I don’t know the precise address but it seemed to me it was on the way to Ioannina a few hundred meters from the railway station.

This restaurant serving local Greek specialties is simply furnished and offers a varied and reasonable menu.

• Panos1111's Profile Photo

Ta Hasia: Better avoided

by Panos1111 Written Jun 17, 2007

"Ta Hasia" On Kalambaka's main square. Not recommended: the service was slow and the calamari was inedible, by far the worst I have ever had. The salads and grilled dishes were OK.
    Very expensive for what you get. Paid 15 euro for roughly a beer, one third of a greek salad and a calamari dish.

Favorite Dish: None

• Religious Travel

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo

no name: Small Local Restaurants

by gale.blog.pl Updated Nov 29, 2005

In Meteora towns you'll find a number of small family-run restaurants and cafes. They're not the cheapest ones in the world as Meteora is a very popular tourist spot.

In Kastraki we tried to access the Internet in an 'Internet Cafe' and we were not satisfied with the service - the cafe had only one computer connected to the Net via commuted line and we had to wait for hours for the owner to let us use it.

• Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

No name: NO FOOD HERE!

by Prasnjavi Updated Apr 2, 2004

Around the monasteries, there are no restaurants. In front of Varlam, there was track-cantina with hot-dog, sandwiches and some juices. I didn't see that anybody bought anything. There are several small splendid "ouzeries" and tavernas in Kalambaka.

• ethereal's Profile Photo

Pita place-not sure of exact name: You'll never get sick of these delicious pitas

by ethereal Written Jan 8, 2003

Alright simply said, we ate here four times in one day, in one afternoon as a matter of fact. You really could not get enough of these delicious pitas.

Favorite Dish: My favourite was their greek salad, and their gyro pita. My mouth is watering as I speak of it, but the best thing about the place was the price. Really good!

• Redule's Profile Photo

Panellinio: I like fried cheese!

by Redule Written Sep 16, 2002

If you want to try something delicious and to sit at a very nice place, drop in taverna Panellinio near the little waterfall, almost in the centre of Kalambaka.

Favorite Dish: Among other cute and tasty dishes, my favourite was fried cheese, so called Saganaki, made from Kefalotyri cheese. Don’t wait, eat quickly and wash it down with wine. When the cheese is cooling, it turns into a hard brick.

• o00o's Profile Photo

24 gigantic, perpendicular...

by o00o Written Aug 25, 2002

24 gigantic, perpendicular rocks, on which about 600 years ago Byzantine monks chose to worship God and built Meteora, their monastic community.

Instant Answers: Meteora

Comments

Meteora Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Meteora restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Meteora sightseeing.