Zante Restaurants

A good place to stop for a bite to eat.
    Palos De Moguer
    Zorbas

Most Recent Restaurants in Zante

• DIAZ: EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE

by karenbrown628 Written Aug 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant twice on our holiday and were a party of 8. Food always lovely quality and all served together and hot. It is a traditional greek restaurant lovely atmosphere and great staff

Favorite Dish: I had steak with garlic sauce also eaten were mousakka fish lamb and even a roast and all excellent taste and quality

• Cruise
    • Hiking and Walking

• Stani Taverna, Kalamaki, Zante: DO GO HERE.THE OWNER IS VIOLENT!!!

by BelleandKiki Written Oct 5, 2010

DON'T GO THERE!!! We saw the father Jimmy hit and punch a woman in her 50s and knock her to the ground. She was trying to get onto the beach to survey us tourists about animals in Greece. It took 2 men to escort her safely to her car!!! Jimmy's a head case!!!

• Women's Travel

• intertraveler's Profile Photo

Palos De Moguer: A Smart Restaurant.

by intertraveler Updated May 13, 2010
    Palos De Moguer

This was the smartest restaurant we visited also the staff were very friendly.
    This restaurant sold Mexican food as well as international food.
    The food was slightly different from the usual but was good. The decore was impresive and the anbience was exellent.

Favorite Dish: We eat here twice my first visit I had grilled chicken my second visit I had turkey breast with an apple and mango sauce. My wife had calamari she was inpressed by this dish the squid was very tender.

Dionysos: A Good Greek Restaurant

by intertraveler Updated May 13, 2010
    A good place to stop for a bite to eat.

We eat at this restaurant twice dueing our stay. I think it as a slight edge over the other restaurants we tried.
    The service was good and the food and drink was reasonable priced also, the restaurant is not very big. they do breakfast as well.

Favorite Dish: I tried the Moussaka which was very good. The second visit I had the kleftico and my wife had a mix grill again not disapointed.

• Seniors

• intertraveler's Profile Photo

Snack Acadamy: The best snack bar.

by intertraveler Written May 11, 2010
    Snack Academy

Snack Acadamy is the sister to Bar Academy across the road.
    Denis the owner and is wife make you feel very welcome. We ate here a quite a few times, also we had breakfast a few times as well.
    The food was good and vere resonable with a great choice on the menu.
    You can stop just for a beer or two there is a large screen tv plus a few smaller ones .

Favorite Dish: I liked the village sausages slightly spicy. I also liked the Irish breakfast comes with toast fruit juice and tea or coffee.

Also he sells Pukka pies

Zorbas: Good Restaurant

by intertraveler Written May 11, 2010
    Zorbas

We ate here on the first night of our visit. The food was good and the staff were friendly.
    We drank beer but found it cheaper in most restaurants to buy a litre of the house wine which made this the most expensive restaurant we visited.

Favorite Dish: I had kleftico which very good and plenty. We also ordered a Greek salad which was large this was the first and last time we ordered a salad with our meal simply there was two much food also put the price up.

• Seniors

• ionian sea: posh looking restaurant with low prices

by livecams247 Written May 27, 2008

Great food, many types of dishes, from local to various other stuff.
    Reasonably priced.
    Looks like a hotel restaurant with posh waiters, but it is a great place to eat.
    Kids play area to keep them happy.

Favorite Dish: moussaka
    traditional moussaka, tastes great, reasonable size too.

• Sunset: Laganas sunset cafe/restaurant

by livecams247 Written May 27, 2008

Great Food at reasonable prices,
    Owners wife is a waitress, and her husband is the chef, try the pudding !
    Friendly waitressa also works there.
    This is a little out of town and the directions to the town our rep gave us, meant we would have missed this great restaurant!

Favorite Dish: any pudding !
    although everything we tried was great, and FREE drink seems to come with every meal.

• honeymooner82's Profile Photo

Something like 'Menir': Best local restaurant in Tsilivi

by honeymooner82 Written May 7, 2008

Mark enjoys a very cheesy pizza (despite his face)

Am so sorry i don't remember the exact name for this restaurant because i really would recomend it to anyone/everyone. I have been to Tsilivi twice now and on both holidays i went to this restaurant twice. The restaurant is run by a husband and wife team who have a young daughter and a team of waiters. It's the usual set up. Charming older man stands outside to entice you in. Wife takes the orders and husband cooks. The first time i went the young daugther sat at a table outside the kitchen with a colouring in book and the second time i went (some three years later) she was bringing out drinks orders and running messages!

Although this restaurant may look nothing special the food is good and honest. Fresh ingredients and really resonable prices (i would say cheap but it wouldn't do justice to the place to say it was cheap).

My favourite memory here is my last holiday. The place was packed out when a wedding party came in (about 10 people) everyone clapped and cheered, the waiters sang a song in greek. More diners kept arriving and the waiters hurried off down the road, they came back with more tables and chairs, everyone suffled along and extra people were squeezed in! This is just so how a greek restaurant should be.

Please ignore the sunburn in my pics

Favorite Dish: I'm veggie and thought the choice was really good. Personally i love the stuffed peppers with roast potatoe/chips. Not chips in a 'fries' way but a chunky roast potatoe in oil. Mmmm :)

• Stani's restaurant: Go to a Greek Night

by silversaxo Written Nov 19, 2007

On Sunday nights a Stani's which is very near the beach in Kalamaki they have a Greek Night featuring traditional singing and dancing. This starts at 8 pm and goes on until "late". During the summer it is advisable to book a table as it gets very busy but the atmosphere is absolutely electric and the dancers get the audience involved. There is dancing around fire and smashing of plates and fireworks. Absolutely magical evening and the food and wine is good.

Favorite Dish: We ate at Stani's a couple of evenings and several lunchtimes whilst in Kalamaki even though we were half board in a hotel. We loved the atmosphere and everything we had to eat there was good. I am not a red wine lover but the greek sweet red wine is something else and I have now found a couple of supermarkets at home that sells it, and it is now my favourite tipple!

• kat-m's Profile Photo

granada taverna: the greek night

by kat-m Written Apr 9, 2006

local dancers

This taverna was right at the far end of Argassi, towards the west. We stopped for lunch one day and got chatting to the owners son who had been to Scotland. He informed us that they hold Greek dancing and music nights twice a week and so we decided to give it a go. The food was excellent a buffet affair where you just help yourself to whatever you want and as much as you like. The entertainment was excellent with audience paticipation, lots of dancing and the dancers were really good all in all we had a great night.

• kat-m's Profile Photo

taverna keri: my favourite food

by kat-m Written Apr 9, 2006

inside taverna

When we entered the taverna having chose to sit inside as it was very windy and you are very high up. The waiter was having a bite to eat and I saw that he had green beans in a tomato sauce. I remarked to him that I hadn`t eaten these for years and of course that was what I had along with homemade greek burgers known as beeftaki ,delicious.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo

BEVETGIAVA PIZZARIA & RESTAURANT: FISH AND CHIPS

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 11, 2006

DO NOT FEED THE FISH

You can't get fresher fish than this one coz its just eaten all my bloody chips Hahahaha (please enlarge).

Favorite Dish: The sea bass is great. The chips are lovely but only if you can get them before the fish Hahahaha.

• Beaches

• denise16's Profile Photo

Graces: Quiet friendly bar

by denise16 Written Sep 24, 2005

This bar run by English couple Mike & Bella, offers a quiter retreat from the loud bars along the main street. During the day you can get a snack or order packed lunches for day trips or to take to the airport (well worth doing for journey home). Full breakfast is very good value. Happy hour from 6pm until 8pm. WIde range of cocktails, even for the children.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast veggie version

• Beer Tasting

• denise16's Profile Photo

Koukos: Greek Food & Greek Dances

by denise16 Updated Sep 21, 2005

Very large menu of authentic Greek dishes, lots of choice for veggies. There are regular Greek nights with dancers & plate smashing if you like some noise. We went of a quiet night. Staff very friendly.

Favorite Dish: We both had the veggie meze which is a collection of small disks included stuffed vine leaves. Plus a lemon roast potato dish. Yummy. Couldn't fit a sweet in.

Instant Answers: Zante

• Sep 20, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Heavens kitchen is by far the best restaurant in kalamaki, we having been coming now for 7 years, and we have tried afew to mention, but heavens kitchen is excellent. the food is superb, the waiters all so friendly, we highly reccommend anyone visiting kalamaki please go there, you will not be dissapointed.

Zante Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zante restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zante sightseeing.