Zante Warnings and Dangers

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

Jellyfish

by Aurorae Written Sep 30, 2011

jellyfish

There are huge purple jellyfish in Laganas beach (and in other sandy beaches I suppose), they are about 20-30cm in diameter, but quite harmless. I've touched them a few times by accident, they didn't burn, it just felt sleazy and yucky. So, you won't be burnt, you just might feel disgusted a bit if you're not a fan of slimy creatures. However, I've never seen them in shallow water, only after I swam off a little bit, and they were usually closer to the bottom, only once I've seen it on the surface. Still, you might want to "mind your swim" if you don't want to touch them.

• kat-m's Profile Photo

tell it like it is

by kat-m Written Apr 12, 2006

Argassi beach was a major dissapointment, It was the first time in Greece that I had seen a dirty beach. To tell the truth the" beach", is a thin strip of sand that is left over from seafront hotels with pools. From our Apartments it was at least an hours walk to the other end of Argassi where we found a small beach which was clean and the water was as we are used to in Greece. I spoke to a Greek man in the water and he told me it was his beach but he did not mind people using it as long as they kept it clean. Every time we were there I spent filling plastic bags with rubbish for the bin. Why cant people respect nature and keep things as intended, or wont they be happy untill like Britain most of the beaches have had to have major clean up operations!!

• kat-m's Profile Photo

human mozzies

by kat-m Written Apr 8, 2006

Argassi main drag at night is one long strip full of pests trying to get you in to thier various establishments. I do not object to politely being asked to look menu, good evening etc. However I would go as far as to say it was harrasment! Why cant they just leave people alone to browse menus, have a look inside and all the rest that people do on a holiday. Where we go to RELAX not to be hassled.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo

SEA SICKNESS

by whitecliff62 Updated Jan 11, 2006

If you suffer from sea sickness then i really do advise not to take the boat trip around the island. The sea around Bitez is very unpredictable even in the summer. The sea is very calm in the mornings but in the afternoon there is a cool breeze that picks up making the water quite choppy if your not used to it. We got talking to a romanian couple on the boat and they where both sick all the way back (or was it the beer) hahahaha.

• Beaches

• percy961's Profile Photo

The Airport

by percy961 Updated Jan 1, 2005

Zakynthos airport is far too small to handle the number of tourists it get in the Summer months.

The departure lounge was really crowded and the prices for food and drink is a real rip off...6 Euros for a ham roll. I would advise people to take food and drink with them to the airport.

• GypsyBessie's Profile Photo

Beware the Airport

by GypsyBessie Updated Jul 20, 2003

Considering the number of visitors to the island the airport is extremely small and very basic. When we were flying home we found ourselves in a very crowded and hot airport - people were standing or sitting on the floor because not enough seating is provided nor is there space for it.

Instant Answers: Zante

Comments

Zante Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Zante warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zante sightseeing.