Kea Island Restaurants

Having frappe's at Kopnooo's
    by LoriPori
    Hi Steph and Jerry ;)
    by johngayton
  • Big Beans, Feta Salad & The Spinach Bowl's Bottom!
    Big Beans, Feta Salad & The Spinach...
    by johngayton

Most Recent Restaurants in Kea Island

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Akri: Defeated By Pastizzio!

by johngayton Updated Oct 8, 2012

This was the first island we visited on our sailing towards Santorini as part of Euromeet 2007. Having chartered a trio of boats, along with their skippers, and with Janet and Gala as our organisers, local knowledge meant we could just go with the flow, especially when it came to our evening get-togethers.

Obviously Akri, as with all the island restaurants, does have to cater to a certain extent for the "tourist market" but it does manage too to retain its feel as a real local restaurant and following the captains' as well as Janet and Gala's suggestions certainly didn't disappoint. A small bonus was that the captains also paid for the ouzo on this occasion!!

Favorite Dish: The selection of appetizers including the big beans, the spinach, the feta salad and bread were all fresh and jangly - to me that was a meal already. When the main course arrived - in my case the Pastizzio (think lasagne but with macaroni sandwiching the ragout) - I for one was stuffed and could only manage half the huge portion, delish as it was.

Ach well, room had to be left for the beers to follow!!

Big Beans, Feta Salad & The Spinach Bowl's Bottom! Signage (and the top of Janet's head!)
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beer Tasting

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Apothiki: Defeated By A Squid!!

by johngayton Updated Apr 4, 2011

From where our boats were docked here at Korissia (having been denied entry to the "posh" harbour at Voukari - HA! I knew I shouldn't have come on deck at that precise moment in time!!) Apothiki, with its blue-chaired terrace, was less than an umbrella's unfurling away. No point in unfurling the brollie though as the 20 metre dash through the windswept pouring rain offered the prospect of a nice simple light lunch.

Well it was simple and yes, it was lunch! HeHe! 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!

Nothing wrong with this restaurant at all, although the early season service was a little lackadaisical. The beer was cold and the rain and wind soon evaporated into the norm of a perfect Greek Island blue-sky-ed afternoon over the course of my lunch and even my Copenhagen hangover dissipated as the breeze died. Well recommended both for location and general weather-control!!

Favorite Dish: A light lunch it certainly wasn't! I opted for the deep-fried squid expecting the usual plate of squid rings with a bit of tzaziki and a squeeze of lemon and so ordered a side of fries as well. Oooops! The squid was a WHOLE squid, cooked perfectly in the lightest of batters and accompanied by the usual bread, tzaziki, salad AND fries AND then of course my side order of fries too - HA! Do I look American? (Sorry Steph and Jerry - one hates to do this stereotyping bit but every so often a little poetic licence is allowed!)

Delish it was anyway but totally defeated me!

Hi Steph and Jerry ;)
    • Beer Tasting
    • Beaches

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

KOPNOOO'S: FRAPPE'S OOH LA LA

by LoriPori Written Jun 15, 2007

A few of us were in the mood for a cold drink, so we stopped at KOPNOOO'S along the harbourfront for some Frappe's ( 3 Euros ). It's basically an ice cold coffee. They were quiet delicious actually. And it was fun to all sit together and chat and watch all the hustle bustle going on with the boats.

Having frappe's at Kopnooo's Hans hangin' around some Chicks

Instant Answers: Kea Island

Comments

Kea Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kea Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kea Island sightseeing.