Mykonos Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by mindcrime
    Trio Bambini
    by mindcrime
    Gershom and Leda in a side street
    by antonela

Most Recent Restaurants in Mykonos

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Trio Bambini: Trio Bambini

by mindcrime Written Nov 13, 2012

Trio Bambini

This was a small coffee break for us. It’s located right in the center on a nice corner where you can watch the people passing by. Actually there are only 3-4 tables outside so we were lucky to find a free one. Service was friendly.
    It’s focusing on ice cream (the sign advertises Gelato&yogurt) but we just needed something to drink as it a really hot day.

We payed 3,5e for a frappe, 3e for a cold tea and 4e for a cold chocolate.
    1 scoop of icecream costs 2,6e, 2 scoops 4,80e, 3 scoops 7e +0,50 for extra topping. Small cup of frozen yogurt costs 2,80e, medium 4e, large 5,20e, small cup of fresh yogurt costs 2,30e, medium 3,40e, large 4,50e, extra toppings for 0,50-1e. They also serve savory crepes (7-8,40e), sweet crepes (5-5.80e)

• solopes's Profile Photo

Solymar: Heaven

by solopes Updated Jul 5, 2012

Kalo Livadi - Mikonos - Greece

A funny story:

The hotel's shuttle dropped us in Kalo Livadi, a quite empty beach close to the hotel (a few nudists at ease). By lunchtime we looked around and saw... nothing!

There was a small and discreet house, hundred meters from the beach, and Jose and me decided to go there.

IT WAS a restaurant. We entered to check if it would be suitable for our western tastes, and... good Lord!

Facing us, too long counters,one displaying a dozen of salads, the other one a dozen of hot dishes, and, from left to right, I wanted to taste... everything. For the first and last time in my life, everything looked perfect.

We called our families, and had the greatest meal in Greece. Six different salads, six different dishes, we all tasted everything and, maybe because of our previous fears, maybe because of their good looking, maybe because they were great, they all tasted delicious.

With the perfect company of a white wine from Kefalonia

After 23 years I think that I finnaly identified the restaurant - Solymar

• Beaches

• solopes's Profile Photo

Sol Y Mar: Perseverance

by solopes Written Jul 5, 2012
    Kalu Livadi - Mikonos

I cannot forget the great experience that was our lunch in Kalu Livadi beach. Passing the film from VHS to digital I reviwed some more images, and from them I tried again to identify the restaurant. No doubt - It is Solymar rather spanish name for a rather good lunch.

• Beaches

• thanalik's Profile Photo

O'bati: Great local pizzeria

by thanalik Written Apr 4, 2012

Great spaghettis and thin pizza made in wooden oven. very cozy atmosphaire we will meet mostly locals and people from Athens. Isnt a tourist trap at all and one of the few you will find open, year round. They also offer delivery on every place of the island.

Favorite Dish: Pasta Bufala,
    pizza Crudo
    Salad Frisee

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Maria's Garden: Lovely tranquil setting....

by Maryimelda Written Feb 17, 2010

Entrance to Maria's Garden......

Maria's Garden is just that. It is a beautiful garden which is well hidden amongst the alleys.
    The restaurant is big and has indoor dining as well as courtyard dining in the garden. It is really very attractive and very relaxed.

Favorite Dish: Service was great, food was good. We had steak with salad and special sauce (house speciality). Prices were not cheap but not as over the top as Katrin where we went the night before. I would definitely recommend this one, especially if you're looking for something special and romantic. Oh to be young again!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Katrin: Eye-catching decor....

by Maryimelda Updated Feb 17, 2010

The first thing that drew us to Katrin was the decor. We were wandering through the little shopping lanes at the port when we came upon the most enchanting restaurant I can remember seeing for a long, long time. We couldn't resist, so in we went.

Favorite Dish: The next thing that caught our attention were the exorbitant prices on the menu. They were really sky high, so we decided to keep our order to a minimum (as you do!). We had grilled chicken with a lemon sauce and steamed vegetables which was really delicious, a bottle of wine and one dessert. Total bill 120 euros. Still and all it was a great experience. The service was good, the food excellent and the staff very welcoming. I would return, but I would save up for it first.

• mitla's Profile Photo

Atlantida: Platis gialos Restaurant

by mitla Written Apr 2, 2009

We dropped there by chance and found a very nice little restaurant really on the water! This time we ate well, nothing special but at least meals were not re-heated in microwave and prices were on average.

Favorite Dish: Souvlaki and greek salad were very good.

• Katerina's in Little Venice: Horrible! Close to Rip Off.

by MaryLykes Written Oct 29, 2008

Great location overlooking the water and a cute restaurant, but that's where everything ends. We received a lukewarm welcome followed by tasteless Greek food. Tzaziki with barely any garlic or flavour, boring bread, stuffed tomatoes that were dry and gaggy and white house wine that had zero taste and character. We left our dinners behind half eaten and paid the overpriced bill. This restaurant could be classified near tourist trap rip off. We are not fussy, but this was a true disappointment.

Favorite Dish: Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

• Cruise

• antonela's Profile Photo

Go for the local stuff

by antonela Written Sep 10, 2008

restaurant by the edge of the water

In Mykonos as I would imagine on any Greek Island, little restaurants , side street cafes, and take away food abound, you are spoilt for choice. I saw they actually also cater for the not so adventurous taste, and they offer "hamburgers" and so on, but we prefered the local, stuff.
    The salads were just devine, the tomatoes so fragrant, I could not get enough of bread dipped in olive oil. The lamb spit was good. The sweets delicious. We tried places where not too many tourists were visible, and mostly Greek was spoken. It was a good idea to go in May, just the start of the tourist season, not too crowded.

• Architecture

• EviP's Profile Photo

Maereio: corner(stone) of local flavour

by EviP Written Sep 8, 2008

inside view of Maereio

fed up with the local indifferent and rather expensive tastes, yet? This place graciously offers mykonian/greek homemade food at a clean, friendly white corner in the Hora, real value for money!
    hurry, only one table on the tiny terrace, outside!

• mykonos: Niko's Tavern: poor manner and service

by tecra Written Sep 22, 2007

I had experienced the worst service at Niko's Tavern.
    I had good experience and services throughout Athens,Santorini and Mykonos except this restaurant.

Poor services; the waiters even didn't border to service us.
    When we asked for the basic like requesting a menu and checking the bills.They simple ignored us and bypassed us.
    This is the way that you serve Asian customer?
    Just because we are Asian?
    I know many Asian from Hong Kong,China, Taiwan, Korea and Japan had read the JTB tour guide and come to this restaurant but I strongly and seriously recommeded that you never try this tavern.

• Kayak Ice Cream

by dimilag Written Sep 8, 2007

The art of making ice cream has been improved and new flavours are added every week, think that makes me to want to try each one of them. Here are some of my favourite flavours. Green Tea, Fig, Cinnabon, Honey with Sesami, ice cream with “Tsoureki” or with “Melomakarono” and other that makes me act like an addict. It is situated in Matogianni.

• Elia Restaurant

by dimilag Written Aug 15, 2007

It is a beautiful beach bar at the famous beach of Elia. You can start your day with breakfast and continue later with a veal fillet accompanied with koumandaria (Cypriot sweet wine) sauce and grapes.

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Fato a Mano: Great service, great atmosphere, and Mousaka!!!

by wadekorzan Written Jul 21, 2007

The xis of us at Fato a Mano

This is a GREAT place, and it is a little off the beaten path in Mykonos Town. We ate in several different restaurants but the service here was SO friendly, SO friendly we came back three times. There is a real nice atmosphere with sort of covered outdoor seating, the prices are very reasonable, and the food was great. Especially loved the Mousaka. I really wouldn't miss this place if I were going to Mykonos again...

Favorite Dish: Mousaka!!!!!!!!!

• thanalik's Profile Photo

Alexis: best souvlaki

by thanalik Written Jan 30, 2007

I dont know how many of you have ever taste a souvlaki, but this is our favorite fast-food.
    I'm not going to describe what is a souvlaki but you have to taste it, and actually the first day of you visit in Greece.
    This tip can help you save a lot of money, cos probably then you'll only want to eat souvlaki. And the cost of one souvlaki is from 1,30 to 2,00 euros.Men will need 2-3 of them and women 1-2.
    Anyway in Mykonos the best place to taste it is Alexis shop.Easy ti find, as it is in the only place a taxi can get you in the town. Manto square. It is on the back side of tasxis stop and very difficult not to find.

Favorite Dish: Ask one (or two or three) with everything. In greek; ena me yiro apola.

Instant Answers: Mykonos

Comments

Mykonos Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mykonos restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mykonos sightseeing.