Naxos - Chora (town of) Transportation

Naxos Ferry
    by b1bob
    MS Nicholas berthed at Naxos harbor
    by mtncorg

Most Recent Transportation in Naxos - Chora (town of)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo

MS NICHOLAS - motorsailor extraordinaire

by mtncorg Written Dec 21, 2003

Naxos is a major Cycladic ferry port with many other island connections, as well as direct connections with Pireaus. You can also get to Naxos with the MS Nicholas, of course. There is also an airport south of the main port enabling beach lovers to get right to it.

MS Nicholas berthed at Naxos harbor

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Ferry from Piraeus to Naxos

by b1bob Updated Mar 2, 2003

As he parked the car on the narrow street called Mysonos, he announced we were going to Naxos to visit his friend Spyros. At that time, I hadn't heard of Naxos or his friend Spyros, but I was willing try anything once. I mentally prepared myself for anything. My mouth said, "What are we lolligagging around here for, let's go!", but my body was saying, "Have you gone totally dotty, man?" By 11.30 on Saturday 13 August, I had not been to sleep for 21 hours, since waking up at T.K.'s flat. Thanasis explained where Naxos was and what we had to do to get there. He threw a few things in a paper bag and we were off to the harbour in a taxi cab.

Before too long, we were finally on the deck of the boat. I had time to realise two things. First, it was as hot as the hinges of hell and I would turn an embarrassing shade of red if I didn't find some shade toute de suite. Second, I realised I must be plumb loco. I got off a plane after 10 hours of flying, rode with Thanasis 20 minutes to his flat, another 30 in a taxi cab, and another 6 hours on a ferry to a place I hadn't heard of before...that morning. The ferry ride was hot and crowded and seemed to drag on longer than the NBA season. The good news is, a lot of people got off at Piraeus, the bad news is, Thanasis and I only had an hour to sit in relative comfort before we got to Naxos. We finally got to Naxos round about 6.30 that evening. At that point, it had been 35 hours since I had any kind of sleep. My mind continued to tell me to be prepared for anything and do whatever Thanasis suggests. My body was fixing to sue my mouth for neglect and abuse!

Naxos Ferry
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Water Sports

Instant Answers: Naxos - Chora (town of)

Comments

Naxos - Chora (town of) Transportation

Reviews and photos of Naxos - Chora (town of) transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Naxos - Chora (town of) sightseeing.

View all Naxos - Chora (town of) hotels