Oia Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Oia

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

SUNSET TAVERNA: AMOUDI BEACH

by LoriPori Updated Nov 12, 2009

After walking down what seemed like hundreds of sloping, slippery steps, we finally came to Amoudi Beach where the Friday VT dinner was being held at SUNSET TAVERNA.
    The waiting staff at the restaurant had the task of feeding us all ( at least 70 members) in a relatively short time and we were all squeezed in together. There was a preset menu for our large group. I had grilled chicken and Hans had grilled veal steak. Both dishes not overly impressive but I'm sure it is difficult to serve so many hungry people all at once. But the location along the water was simply amazing.

Memo: As it was late in the evening, I did not take a picture of the restaurant. Photo is courtesy of their website.

Sunset Taverna

• Kyprida: Best Food on the Island & A Sunset View

by brookcoleman Written Jul 17, 2008

The food is amazing. And, the price is so reasonable because it is off the beaten path. Find this restaurant and go. You can still watch the beautiful Oia sunset, but without the crowds.

Favorite Dish: Everything is great, but be sure to sample the appetizers. They are small and delicious.

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Get there early

by Snipernurse Written Jun 21, 2008

Spend a little while scoping out the resteraunt scene to ensure you find a great place to eat and enjoy the sunset. Many resteraunts offer seating on their roof and offer great views. Get there about any hour before the sunset is expected (ask around the locals for approximate times) and enjoy. Dinner can be pretty pricey, but you are in Santorini enjoy one of the most touted sunsets in the world.

• Snipernurse's Profile Photo

Eat at Ammoudhi or Armeni Docks one evening

by Snipernurse Written Jun 21, 2008

There are a few resteraunts below the main part of Oia at the fishing docks which offer great seafood. While the crowds gather up on the top of Oia to take in the sunset, one should not forget the beauty that lies in this area during the sunset. Old fishing boats bob in the emerald meditteranean sea as the sunset adds an array nof other colors to the mix. It is much more relaxed and crowded, and just as beautiful. I would take this into serious consideration. Enjoy some fresh seafood while you're at it. Just take the stairs down to the docks and hang out, it's a great spot

• HELEN's Profile Photo

Seagull: The Hidden Jewel

by HELEN Updated Jun 19, 2008

We had just hiked from Fira to Oia to watch the sunset. We were tired and hungry and very under dressed, bathing suits and cover ups on.As we walked around the crowded streets in search of some recommended places to eat, we realized that we didn't want to be at a nice place looking like we did. All we wanted was a reasonably priced meal and preferably a view, we ARE in Santorini. After passing a bunch of expensive restaurants, we finally saw a less expensive menu and just went in. We thought we were going to sacrifice a view for the price, but we ended up get the best of both worlds. This place was Awesome! Not crowded at all, which was perfect for us and our attire, great food, and a great view to enjoy while eating. The staff was very nice and they even comped us a bottle of ouzo. Maybe that's because we had already ordered 2 bottles of ouzo and 3 bottles of wine for the 5 of us?!?!

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

Edwin's Polski Lokal: Edwin's Polski Lokal

by ZiOOlek Written Nov 7, 2007

What is the most famous cuisine in the world? You will probably say: Italian, French, Chinese but never Polish. But in Oia there is a nice POlish restaurant called Polski Lokal and it seems to be quite popular.

When you visit another country you probably want to eat something local and Polski Lokal is a good place to taste such meals. Polski Lokal is recommended in this year's Lonely Planet guide to Greece. They have menu in Greek, English and Polish.

Favorite Dish: They serve a wide range of Greek and Polish cuisine, specialising in gyros and home-made plates. They also offer coffee and refreshments, a variety of premium beers, local wines and spirits.

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

Anemomilos restaurant: Anemomilos restaurant

by ZiOOlek Written Nov 6, 2007

This was a first restaurant I visited during my stay in Oia. And I was surprised at the quality and prices they offer. The meal was really tasty and cheap, compering to other Oia's restaurants.

During the evening you may watch a sunset from the garden of the restaurant. However, it may be a little bit too loudy as the garden is located in front of the restaurant and the entrance goes directly to the main street.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant is open all day long and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu includes mouth-watering Greek dishes, Santorinian delicacies, fresh grilled fish and home-made Santorinian wine from their very own "canava".

Anemomilos restaurant Anemomilos restaurant

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Sunset Taverna and Restaurant: Dinner at the bottom of the cliff

by littlesam1 Written Jun 25, 2007

We dined with the other VT members at the Sunset Taverna in Ammoudi. We did walk down the 300 stairs to the restaurant. We were told that Angelina Joli and also Leonardo Di Caprio had eaten at this restaurant when they were in Santorini filming movies. I am sure they did not walk down the 300 steps. There is a road to the taverna that can used to access the restaurant by car, cab, or bus.

The restaurant had its hands full trying to serve 70 hungry people from Viritual Tourist all at one time. The food was alright in my opinion but not outstanding. We had better meals at other restaurants. In all fairness though, the staff and the restaurant did have a big job delivering 70 meals all at the same time. So I am sure if you came to this restaurant without such a large group the food would have been much better. The wine flowed freely and the VTers had a wonderful time.

If you see Angelina when you visit give her my regards.

• Sunset Tavern: Tourist trap Sunset Tavern in Amoudi (Oia harbour)

by jsolano Written Jul 12, 2006

We went down to the Oia harbour (Amoudi) and unfortunately chose the Sunset Tavern instead of the other more down to earth looking restaurant next door.

First thing the waiter told us was that from the broad choice shown on the menu the only good dishes were lobster and an expensive local fish ! we were sitting literally 5 meters away from the sea and we were told that most of the stuff in the menu was frozen !!! we couldn't believe it, and that should've been enough to make us walk to the next door tavern, but finally we stayed (didn't want to make a scene).

We chose calamari (supposedly frozen) and some other starters, and the portions were really small, so we ended up getting the local fish, which turned up to be enough but when we asked for the bill we were shocked... the weight was much higher than what it looked like in the plate (the price was per kilo).

I am used to eating fish and I cannot believe that it weighted 700 grams before being cooked... and we ended up paying 40 euros per dish for something that was not that special... and I am definitely sure that it wasn't more than 400 grams before cooking.

Added to this, the french tourists seating next to us were raising their voices when the waiter didn't turn up with the 15 euros change after paying the bill... the waiter assumed it was a tip and didn't bother to give the change back... after some argument, he agreed to pay it back but he made them wait for 10 minutes (apparently he didn't have change anymore !!!)

So I recommend you to avoid the Sunset Tavern and try the tavern next door or even better go to Skala in Oia, a very good restaurant where we kept going during our stay in this fantastic place.

Fede.

• Not sure, but walk down 100+ stairs & your there!: Go to the restaurants right on the water!

by nicknatninasmom Written Jun 20, 2006

Everything was sooo fresh. They literally catch the fish, cook it and serve. Can't get any better than that. But make sure you get there early. Once the fishermen don't get anymore bites of a specific fish, that's it....it comes off the menu. And there is wine, wine everywhere. More wine than water in Santorini. Just beautiful wherever you go.

Favorite Dish: The very, very, very large shrimp....I think they were called something, but can't remember.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beaches

• aj03's Profile Photo

Papalagos: Try the octopus grill

by aj03 Updated Jul 16, 2005

Actually papalagos doesn’t have the best view overlook to the amazing ocean and sunset of Oia. But they have good ambiance, excellent food and service.

Favorite Dish: grill octopus with sour and chilli sauce is a must try. eat when it hot. also taste scallop with melted cheese. why is it good? o My... just try it! believe me. But frozen margarita is not their area. Stick with white wine. They have good selected house wine.

by: aj03INDO

• NikicaLubura's Profile Photo

1800: No. 1 in Santorini

by NikicaLubura Written Feb 14, 2005

If you like slow food, don't miss 1800 in Oia. Just a little reminder. If you have 10 days in Santorini, you have to reserve a table on your first day to get to taste their food last day of your visit.

Restaurant 1800
    • Beaches

• englishchris's Profile Photo

Il Cantuccio: My idea of a perfect restaraunt

by englishchris Written Jul 24, 2004

I love this restaraunt with a passion - if I lived nearby I would eat there most of the week!

To my way of thinking it is a great balance of relaxed, friendly and cosmopolitan atmosphere, great staff, great location, and great food.

We ate there three nights on the trot, and would have carried on if we didn't have to leave Fira. Its a small and cosy place to the point where its easy to get talking to your fellow diners - who consist of local Greeks, travellers and tourists alike, and we had some great evenings there.

Favorite Dish: Pizza Amatrianna is the best tasting pizza I have ever had - I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Jane at Il Cantuccio

• jinwenwang's Profile Photo

Blue Sky: BBQ Chicken

by jinwenwang Written Jul 3, 2003

nice view over the sea
    cozy environment
    friendly service
    and they accept AMEX credit card

Favorite Dish: must try Greek house white wine
    BBQ chicken (big portion)
    Greek salad
    Yogurt + Garlic (forget the Greek name)
    and of course Greek Bread

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Oia Youth Hostel: Great breakfast!

by SirRichard Written Sep 14, 2002

At the Oia Youth Hostel, you've got the breakfast included in price. It's a huge breakfast (bread, cake, orange juice, tea/coffee, butter, jam) and U can have it at the beautiful terace on the roof.
    A good way to start the day...

Instant Answers: Oia

Comments

Oia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oia sightseeing.