Kamari, Santorini Island

• Kamari
    by 88Starflite
    Nice and clean place!
    by knowsfood
  • AHHH I loved this, america can't touch this!
    AHHH I loved this, america can't touch...
    by knowsfood
  • janetanne's Profile Photo

kAMARI BEACH: RELAX ON THE BEACH AFTER LUNCH

by janetanne Written Jun 22, 2014

All the restaurants on the beach at Kamari Beach, are wonderful! You can sit outside, enjoy a cold drink and have marvelous local and excellent food. I especially love the fresh mixed salad with smoked salmon!

Favorite Dish: A green salad with smoked salmon...or perhaps a big dish of pasta with seafood! Forget the calories..just get in the beautiful sea and swim the calories off! You are on holiday, after all!

A general view of typical house in Santorini
    • Spa and Resort

• NONAME: Greek night......brilliant

by PROEDROS69 Written Oct 27, 2011

“Greek night..................................................Brilliant!!!!!!!”-

George and the rest of the staff at the restaurant welcomed our group over over 30 people for the brilliant greek night on Monday 12 September...

Favorite Dish: Our party was in Santorini to celebrate our wedding. We couldn't have asked for more. Enough food to feed 100, brilliant entertainment and friendly staff. George welomed us with champage to toast our marriage and the party left on a high note with ouzo shots. Thank you George! Andy & Jenny

Visited September 2011

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Just 4 Bar: 60 plus Beers, Live Music, Great Atmosphere!

by greekcypriot Updated Aug 19, 2010

A great variety of beers from all over the world can be found in this bar.

The JUST 4 bar & restaurant is located in central Kamari. Worth checking out!

Favorite Dish: Food is fantastic, and I tried the steak....a big portion, and you must try the beer battered onion rings with homemade ranch dressing.
    All items are freshly prepared and you can tell.

• Beer Tasting

• Almira: Wedding Reception at The Almira Restaurant

by Van10 Written Oct 13, 2009

This is the best location (right on the beach) and equipped (spacewise and decor) for a small to large Wedding Reception in Kamari. The decoration is beautiful with white table linens as well as white seat covers. There is space enough for a dance floor, live entertainment or a dj. Staff is great - we loved it - the price, the service, the organization! Thanks Christos et al!!!

Favorite Dish: Garlic Shrimp Appetizer - lovely creamy garlic sauce yummm!

Fantastic Wedding Reception
    • Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • Archeology

• knowsfood's Profile Photo

Pippis "souvlaki": Great food with no pressure from the staff!!!!

by knowsfood Written Aug 13, 2009

This is the hands down best place to eat while you are in Kamari Santorini Greece. It is located right next to the small movie cinema about a half mile from the beach by the bus stop. They grill everything on coals and make you feel like family when you are there. Yes some of the food on the beach is good but this place will leave you money in your pocket to keep exploring the island. A table of 8 can eat and drink very well for about $50! They hand make everything there and the owner let me take lots of pictures of his place! They have Toast (grill ham and cheese), Gyros, Souvlaki, Kabob, Salads, Goat Heads, hand made Kokoretsi, hand cut French Fries, and many more mouth watering plates of food. The beer is cold and always on tap! The waiters don’t bother you as you walk by as they do on the beach, I can’t stand that! It’s my money and I will eat where I want!!! The owner even took money off my bill every day I ate there! I ate there 5 days out of the 7 I was there!!!

Favorite Dish: Everything is great for a quick meal grab a Gyro and head to the beach!

From the street in the AM Cooking up some good food! AHHH I loved this, america can't touch this! The goat head was good belive it or not! Nice and clean place!

• csordila's Profile Photo

Nichteri: Santorinian food

by csordila Updated Jul 17, 2009

I really know why the Santorini tavernas are so popular with tourists including me.
    You can eat and drink on the edge of a volcano! What could be more exciting? It is just a matter of finding the ones that suits your taste.
    In Thira and Oia you can find whatever you want and at whatever price you can afford or not afford.
    But for good food at affordable prices you should avoid overpriced commercial places and rather go to smaller fish taverns located nearby beaches and villages.

In Kamari you can find a lot of taverns on the beachfront promenade but most of them are just tourist traps and the quality of the food is questionable.

The restaurant Nichteri - highly recomended by friends as by far the best in Kamari - has a real Santorinian cuisine, it is more simple than the others, but their food is tasty and cheap.
    You should start by ordering the famous white santorinian eggplants stuffed with cheese, the mint flavoured lavraki fish (sea bass), stuffed onions or tomato keftedes flavoured also with fresh mint. The parade of appetizers is usually accompanied with ouzo or for those not accustomed to it beers.
    If you like to taste really special and unusual local dishes, order a kotsi, a hearty and tender pork shank, which is generaly not on the menu. Its only for guests who know of its existance.
    It is also a great experience finishing your meal with the ice cream loukoumi made from sugared rose petals.

Favorite Dish: The food is excellent and well worth the price, which is not much higher - if not equal - to other taverns in Kamari.

Nichteri restaurant Kamari beach promenad Local tavern - Kamari Tavern Nichteri Local tavern entrance

• Irini: The best on the beach strip??

by patandjon Written Jul 7, 2009

We have in the course of 4 years tried most of the local restaurants along the strip and tend to prefer Irini's Restaurant at the south end of the strip. Local food and pizzas (!) are very good and the staff is less pushy and very friendly then many.

Favorite Dish: Irini's own pizza and several local dishes

• Navy's Club cafe Restaurant: Don't Miss the Pizza Marinara

by annimarin Updated Jun 12, 2009

...travelling all around the world, i believe that Santorini island is unique..one of the kind!! Kamari black beach is located at the eastern side of the island, not having view in the caldera..but the sea is clean and there are alot of good restaurants and bars. One of my favourite was Navy's Club, friendly environment, good music close to the beach that i was spending my days...At night, cocktails were very cheap, only 5 euro...

Favorite Dish: ...i love pizza and spaghetti...so my favourite dish was pizza marinara and Linguini salmon...delicious!!!

• Eco-Tourism

• mustertal's Profile Photo

Kamari: Kiwi

by mustertal Updated Jan 10, 2009

The Kiwi Taverna was a nice, pleasant place to eat. The service was good,and, three days a week they had Greek dancers and music, albeit that the dancers looked most uninterested in what they were doing !

Favorite Dish: We had a plate of Greek starters, which included, Stuffed Vine leaves, Fava (Greek dip )tomatoe balls and cheeses. Followed by a Greek salad and Baclavas.
    Washed down with a glass or two of Santorini wine.
    The menu was typical of all the restaurants in Kamari.

I found all the Tavernas served much the same only each one had a slightly different way of cooking it.
    PLEASE BEWARE...........Chips and Rice are served with just about everything, even a potato Omelet has chips in it !!!!!! If in doubt just ask what the dish comes with, then say no rice or chips if you don't want them.
    I don't remember seeing anything specific for vegetarians.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Syrtaki Restaurant: Lunch On Kamari Beachfront

by Mikebb Updated Dec 9, 2008

We arrived at the Kamari beachfront in time for a late lunch. There were restaurants and cafes on the beach front and inland side of the road for half a km. We walked along the beach until we found a setting which appealed to us and provided a good lunch at reasonable price.

We took one of the blackboard specials, Giro for two people, 2 meals were provided with plenty of meat, fried potatoes and dip. Whilst enjoying our meal we had a great view across the beach to the ocean.

Cost for 2 persons was 16 Euros plus drinks.

Our Meal Blackboard Menus. View From Our Beachfront Table Blackboard Specials Syrtaki Beachfront Restaurant

• Jeannkelly's Profile Photo

NO NAME: What a name!

by Jeannkelly Written Sep 21, 2008

We got curios by its name "No Name" and then of course the very persuasive waiter just took all his time to explain to us their specialties, thus, we were convinced to dine in the place.

I should say it was a good dinner and as promised, we were given a glass of wine for free which was good and prompted us to order for a bottle instead.

Favorite Dish: Don't forget to ask for the antipasto rice wrapped with vine leaves. That was something most notable in the restaurant.

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo

Almari: Very, Very, Nice Place To Eat!

by 88Starflite Updated Sep 21, 2008

The food was very good, great staff, and I would say it's one of the nicer restaurants on the strip! In so saying you would be pleased in every way with this restaurant!
    Oh, the menu is the best if seen, you name it they cook it!
    They can also handle large groups such as wedding parties!

Favorite Dish: It's all good but I would say the pizza was the best I've ever had in Greece!

• Helga67's Profile Photo

Irini's restaurant

by Helga67 Written Jun 9, 2008

This is one of the oldest restaurants in Kamari, established in 1965. You can find it at the end of the promenade in Kamari (side of the rocks). The staff was very friendly and the food is traditional Greek.

Irini, a grandmother now, is still welcoming tourists (in Greek).

Favorite Dish: Plate with mixed cold starters
    Grilled sardines

Irini's restaurant

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

NAVY: Lunch at NAVY

by sandysmith Updated Jun 1, 2008

Was fast running out of days to try the restaurants so decided to have a lunch here on our last day.
    Good shady spot to have fruit juices and stare out to the blue sea.

Favorite Dish: The risotto to share sounded good - really wanted the beef escalope one in creamy sauce but wasn't available so had the mushroom one instead. Freshly prepared to had to wait a while but well worth it. Comes served in its own pan. lunch for 2 with drinks was 20 euros.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Almira: Almira

by sandysmith Updated Jun 1, 2008

Local beachside Taverna our hotel gave us 10% off here and food was good too. A complimentary carafe of wine too at the end of the meal so we could sit and enjoy the beach view with another drink. Good ambience and not too far to walk back to hotel ;-0

Favorite Dish: Mixed cold meze plate - not as large as I thought it would be compared to other mezes we had this holiday. I had stuffed lamb and Dave Pork and Mushroom in a tomato sauce - both very tasty although not the largest of portions of veg to accompany. With beer and a soft drink cost was about 33 euros with discount.

Almira

Instant Answers: Santorini Island

Comments

View all Santorini Island hotels